PDA

View Full Version : What's the best smoke YOU'VE found on a military base?

bigdix
09-04-2010, 08:35 AM
No luck here...poorly kept, and likely very old. Some Fuente crap (Curlyhead, etc.) ....but I think the best they may have to offer is a Brickhouse. Someone should seriously move in and get us some decent smokes!! :2

688sonarmen
09-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Some 8-5-8 AF naturals and maduros at Subase Groton Ct

bvilchez
09-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Padron Anni and Boli Gold Medal...in my desktop at work:D

Seriously though I've never seen anything worthwhile on any base....and I've been on quite a few of them

bigdix
09-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Seriously though I've never seen anything worthwhile on any base....and I've been on quite a few of them

Yeah, me neither...was just curious if there was a "golden nugget" out there somewhere...I should know better.

bvilchez
09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I remember Mike(wavescrashing) once told me he found some Fuentes (WOAM I think) on Camp Pendleton at the Vineyard (wine store on base). That was a one time thing though. All I ever see is Cuesta Rey and damn Curly Heads.

Shemp Howard
09-05-2010, 02:16 AM

I've been on Marine and Navy bases from Japan to California to the east coast and Iraq and never seen anything worth picking up. Even if you did look at the storage. They are not in humidors, just left to dry out. Chesty Puller wouldn't even smoke one I bet.

bigdix
09-05-2010, 03:56 AM
I've been on Marine and Navy bases from Japan to California to the east coast and Iraq and never seen anything worth picking up. Even if you did look at the storage. They are not in humidors, just left to dry out. Chesty Puller wouldn't even smoke one I bet.

Yeah, I checked one out here in Okinawa lately...the "humidor" actually had a "hygrometer" in it ;) It read 89 degrees and 88% RH. Real good environment for those curlyheads :tu

Shemp Howard
09-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah, I checked one out here in Okinawa lately...the "humidor" actually had a "hygrometer" in it ;) It read 89 degrees and 88% RH. Real good environment for those curlyheads :tu

Don't going buying anything on "BC" street. Your not even safe double wrapping your little sailor.

bigdix
09-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Don't going buying anything on "BC" street. Your not even safe double wrapping your little sailor.

Heard. :r

Partagaspete
09-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Ramstein has a Canadien and British B/X (both are small) but you can usually get PSD4's and BBF's and many other great smokes. They use to priced real low (think duty free) but I hear they have jacked up the price a bit making the local Gerrman shops competitive.