PDA

View Full Version : Yuengling Light...WTF?

bigliver
09-02-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm really suffering through a few Yuengling Lights. This is absolutely the worst light beer I have every put my mouth to, and I've drank some pretty sh!tty beers. I just consumed 1200 empty calories and have nothing to show for it. I kept thinking maybe the buzz would help with the taste, but the buzz never showed up. This crap is like city tap water right after a two-day water outage. I will NOT be revisiting this one.

bigdix
09-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Damn, brother! Try the regular...it's decent. Actually they have some of the Black & Tan at the shopette...it's not bad either. :D

bigliver
09-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Damn, brother! Try the regular...it's decent. Actually they have some of the Black & Tan at the shopette...it's not bad either. :D

I really like the regular. It's one of my favorite beers. Maybe that's why this one seems to taste so horrible.

jmsremax
09-02-2010, 06:49 AM
I really like the regular.

:tpd: , but now I am curious to see how bad the light could be.

Parshooter
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I've had the regular and the B&T, I just don't see what the fuss is about.

AD720
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
:tpd: , but now I am curious to see how bad the light could be.

It's pretty bad. I'm a big Yuengling supporter and have been for a while, but the Light is still pretty bad. Better than the other macrobrews though (IMO).

BigAsh
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm really suffering through a few Yuengling Lights. This is absolutely the worst light beer I have every put my mouth to, and I've drank some pretty sh!tty beers. I just consumed 1200 empty calories and have nothing to show for it. I kept thinking maybe the buzz would help with the taste, but the buzz never showed up. This crap is like city tap water right after a two-day water outage. I will NOT be revisiting this one.

the "Light" or "Light Lager"?...2 really different brews....I like the light lager but the "light" is p!ss!!

BlackDog
09-02-2010, 02:47 PM
1200 calories? I thought that 12oz of light beer was about 100 calories. Almost 1 gallon of p!ss water would make me suffer too. Instead, drink 2 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Ales, enjoy a great beer, get your 1200 calories, and have a nice warm buzz when you're through.

The Poet
09-02-2010, 03:05 PM
On the one hand, Jason, I feel for you. On the other . . . well, IMHO, anybody who drinks light beer deserves whatever he gets. :D

Darrell
09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Nice hit. :D

Never had any Yuengling.

The Poet
09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Never had any Yuengling.

The regular Yuengling, as others have noted, is a decent domestic beer. Not great, but drinkable.

Eagle53
09-02-2010, 03:56 PM
It certainly isnt any worse than the big three lights. Bud, Miller, and Coors. Yuengling light is one of the better massively available light beers IMHO

RevSmoke
09-02-2010, 04:04 PM
On the one hand, Jason, I feel for you. On the other . . . well, IMHO, anybody who drinks light beer deserves whatever he gets. :D

:tpd:

Really! Light beer? I don't care what it is. Light beer?

OK, so I had to give you grief.

But seriously, light beer?

MikeyC
09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
It certainly isnt any worse than the big three lights. Bud, Miller, and Coors. Yuengling light is one of the better massively available light beers IMHO

I don't know if I would refer to Yuengling as "massively available." We don't get it up here in New England for instance.

On a side note, every time I'm on vacation and see Yuengling on the beer list I order it. Then I taste it and wonder why I ordered it. You'd think I'd remember that I don't think much of it.

timj219
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Light beer and decaffeinated coffeee are harbingers of the apocalypse

jmsremax
09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't know if I would refer to Yuengling as "massively available." We don't get it up here in New England for instance.

On a side note, every time I'm on vacation and see Yuengling on the beer list I order it. Then I taste it and wonder why I ordered it. You'd think I'd remember that I don't think much of it.

:tpd: even the normal stuff taste like coors and why is it in a green bottle? :td

But when I am in Philly I feel obligated to buy one.

Eagle53
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
:tpd: even the normal stuff taste like coors and why is it in a green bottle? :td

But when I am in Philly I feel obligated to buy one.

Odd it isnt avail in NE bc the stuff it made in PA

Cigarcop
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular Green bottle for me please :)

duckmanco
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Light lagers = p*ss

with that judgment passed, its amazing what happens when you fall into craft beer. I'd like to say I could drink light lagers still, but that would be a lie.

Noodles
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Really! Light beer? I don't care what it is. Light beer?

OK, so I had to give you grief.

But seriously, light beer?

There are some words that should be used together. Light and beer. Another one is Veggie and Burger. It ain't right.

RustyShackleford
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I kept thinking maybe the buzz would help with the taste, but the buzz never showed up.

Lager light only has 3.6% ABV, coorlight and keystone even have 4.2% ABV.
It can be harder to get a buzz with only 3.6% ABV.

I try to explain to the people that come into the store, who are looking to try MGD 64 thinking they are going to save calories; that since it only has 3.2% ABV you are going to drink more of it to feel "satisfied".

mariogolbee
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I just consumed 1200 empty calories and have nothing to show for it.

You have this thread to show for it.:D

Bill86
09-20-2010, 02:57 AM
If satisfaction is what you are looking for craft beers are your answer. Light beer isn't beer it's just light. Also getting drunk off it, good luck...I can't. 24329043 trips to the pisser later....nothing and it tastes like piss.