PDA

View Full Version : Graycliff Heritage Pirimide #2

bobarian
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Graycliff has a new release the Heritage Royale.

Costa Rican wrapper, Ecuadorian binder and Honduran and Nicaraguan filler according to what I could find with a search.

A new release from the Graycliff factory in Nassau, Bahamas.

Impeccable construction as is the standard with all cigars I have smoked from the Nassau factory. In the past few years there have been other cigars released under the Graycliff name like the 1666 that were produced in other countries. I have noticed that most of these cigars do not show the same craftsmenship as those made in Nassau.

Wrapper was near perfect, no veins or other imperfections. No soft spots and the cigar yielded nicely to the touch but not spongy.

Pre-light draw was very good with lots of nutty tobacco flavors.

Upon lighting the nuttiness came immediately to the forefront and continued throughout the cigar. Nice medium/medium full body with good smoke production.

The cigar maintained its nuttiness from beginning to end which is somewhat unusual. It was quite pleasant to smoke and although a bit one-dimensional the flavor was deep and fairly complex.

I dont smoke a lot of NC's any more but would smoke this again if I came across one. It would be interesting to try the other sizes to see if they also had the same nuttiness.

Not as strong as many of the current ligero bombs on the market but fairly typical of the Graycliff line.

If you like Graycliff Red or White's then this is a cigar you need to try.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/8455/graycliffheritage.jpg (http://img814.imageshack.us/i/graycliffheritage.jpg/)

dwoodward
09-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I am a fan of the Graycliff's. I absolutely LOVE the Graycliff Turbos. It's a shame this one was one dimensional, the rest seem to be very very good.

Thanks for the review!

bobarian
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I am a fan of the Graycliff's. I absolutely LOVE the Graycliff Turbos. It's a shame this one was one dimensional, the rest seem to be very very good.

Thanks for the review!

I didnt mean one dimensional in a bad sense. I find Cohiba Lancero's to also be one dimensional, but I would smoke them all day long if I could. ;)

Ratters
09-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Nice review Bob! I need to dig out that Graycliff Crystal that's been hiding in my humi for two years. Should be pretty good about now.