PDA

View Full Version : Flor De Gonzalez 90 Miles Robusto

Scott1966
09-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Flor De Gonzalez 90 Miles Robusto 5.5 X 50. Wrapper - Ecuador (Habano Rosado), Binder - Nicaragua, Filler - Nicaragua. Medium bodied.

Initial taste - Woody with some spice.

First Third - Oak, spice and notes of cinnamon. Nicely balanced.

Second Third - Oak wood, spice, and now some delightful leather & coffee flavor emerges as well as some cocoa. Very smooth.

Last third - Now the cigar has progressed into a woody leather & coffee taste with the underlying spice and the very enjoyable cocoa flavor. Long finish of woody leather and spice.

Construction, burn and draw was very good.

This is a very good cigar for any time of the day. It had a very enjoyable flavor profile with excellent complexity and balance. MSRP for this size is $5.50 which makes it a very good value. I recommend trying especially if you are looking for a cigar that can be enjoyed in the morning as your first cigar of the day, or even after a substantial meal in the evening.

papichulo
09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Great review. I can hardly wait to get my hands on one of these. A buddy of mine told me it is a My Father alternative for half the price. -(P Do you know what shapes they will come in? I am hoping in a corona or something sub 50.

Entubar
09-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the review. I have had a few of these. I love the first half of this cigar the most. The second half got really imbalanced for me. Over all, I enjoyed it though! Thanks!

papichulo
09-09-2010, 06:15 PM
My first box purchase of the year. Should be here Saturday. :)

papichulo
03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone smoke the Churchill yet?

JarvisAmadio
03-30-2012, 07:38 AM
this was my first and single Flor de Gonzalez cigar...I enjoyed it and I'm going to try and other cigars from this brand, but a bit later. The cigar has a great flavor profile that many cigar smokers will enjoy and the price is downright fantastic.

Vic81
03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
great review - looks like this one is in my typical price range, need to pick some up!

Scott1966
03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
great review - looks like this one is in my typical price range, need to pick some up!

Thanks Vic! Glad you enjoyed it!