PDA

View Full Version : Humidity gets into plastic bags?

LostAbbott
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
So I have been looking through the Show your Humidor thread and I see a lot of guys with their smokes wrapped up in plastic or in Ziploc baggies. What is the deal? I thought that humidity just barely gets through the cellophane but would not get through a standard plastic bag?

-Abbott

kydsid
08-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Absent a continually reinforced vacumn any type of enclosure will reach equilibrium with its surrounding environment. The type of enclosure just determines how long this process will take.

This is why the most popular humidification devices amoung us nutcases are those that both evolve and absorb water to maintain a specific humidity level.

cricky101
08-31-2010, 03:09 PM
I keep lots of singles in five-finger bags in my humidors, but I don't seal the bags closed.

JaKaacH
08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
I keep lots of singles in five-finger bags in my humidors, but I don't seal the bags closed.

:tpd:
The bags are probably not sealed.

sikk50
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm probably wrong here, but I know cello is pouris which is the reason why leaving the cello on doesn't really effect the cigar. I would imagine that to an extent bags would be the same deal, but I would leave them open just to be safe

DennisP
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Having the bags closed shouldn't matter, if the cigars are properly humidified. The bags are close to airtight, so the cigars won't dry out. :2