PDA

View Full Version : Drew Estate Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" & Unicos Line

darkleeroy
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I know some of us have been waiting for the Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" release for some time now. DE just conducted a press release describing all the goodies concerning the Dirty Rat.

From what I read the "Dirty Rat" will be the first of the the new Liga Privada Unicos line. Much like the reviews you've seen it will be a 5 x 44RG corona with fan tail. The wrapper will be the same wrapper as the T52, but has a different binder/filler blend. It won't be a limited release but an ongoing line much like the T52 and the No. 9

You can expect them starting September 9.

http://blog.drewestate.com/index.php/cigars/drew-estate-releases-liga-privada-unico-serie-dirty-rat/

Darrell
08-26-2010, 02:28 PM
We are eagerly awaiting our shipment. :D

Brooks W
08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I think my review says it all!!

http://tinyurl.com/yfs6owr

:)

~brooks

Yardgnome
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I can't wait to try these, The No.9 has really become a go to stick for me the last few weeks.

marge796
08-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I can't wait!!!

:banger

Chris.....

neoflex
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I have really become a Liga Ho the last few months and this is good news as I have been wanting to get my hands on these for some time now. Now maybe I will finally get my greasy paws on some:dr

darkleeroy
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
The Liga have become my go to stick at the B&M closest to my house. It would be a toss up between the Illusione 88's and the No. 9 Robusto's, but that particular B&M doesn't stock Illusione singles so the Liga wins by default.

warren G.
08-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Interesting...hopefully my B&M get some of them. While I love the the no. 9, but I really love the t52.

neoflex
08-26-2010, 06:56 PM
The T-52 Toro is my favorite by far with the number 9 Beli close behind. Anyone know what the price point of a box will be?

darkleeroy
08-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Going to be in boxes of 12 at $12 each. The reason being:

“We realize this is expensive for a small format cigar, however due to the difficult nature and time
consuming task of proportioning five different filler tobaccos and hand bunching such a complex recipe into a
corona size the cigar’s price is a direct reflection of what they actually cost to handcraft,”

Chingas
08-26-2010, 10:49 PM
I know some of us have been waiting for the Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" release for some time now. It won't be a limited release but an ongoing line much like the T52 and the No. 9

Is that also true for the Flying Pig?

darkleeroy
08-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Is that also true for the Flying Pig?

From what I understand, both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat will be produced akin to Fuente's Anejo in that they'd be a small batch, periodical cigar, rather than a one time production like Tatuaje's Black Jars or Halloween series.

Also, after talking to the people at my local B&M, they're expecting a shipment of both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat come early September.

neoflex
08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Hmmm, more Pigs are coming too. Maybe this time I will be bright enough to grab a box when the opportunity arises rather than what I did last time and just grab a 5er and after the first one go back for the rest only to find they are gone.

Brutus2600
08-27-2010, 07:32 AM
I have a Flying Pig and some T52's sitting in my humi waiting to be smoked. I've yet to smoke any of the LP lines, but from everything I've read I'm looking forward to those smokes. I've heard many good things about the Dirty Rat too, so it's nice to know that while made in small batches, both it and the Flying Pig will both be a regular release.

Don't take this comment wrong, I'm a self proclaimed Tat whore and it's fun getting the limited releases...but it is definitely frustrating when you like the cigar but no more will ever be made. I'm glad that's not the case here.

neoflex
08-27-2010, 08:31 AM
I have a Flying Pig and some T52's sitting in my humi waiting to be smoked. I've yet to smoke any of the LP lines, but from everything I've read I'm looking forward to those smokes. I've heard many good things about the Dirty Rat too, so it's nice to know that while made in small batches, both it and the Flying Pig will both be a regular release.

Don't take this comment wrong, I'm a self proclaimed Tat whore and it's fun getting the limited releases...but it is definitely frustrating when you like the cigar but no more will ever be made. I'm glad that's not the case here.

Smoke the Ligas. I too was a Tat whore and than I tried my first T-52. Now I will grab a Liga over my usual go to Tats.

Brooks W
08-27-2010, 08:33 AM
From what I understand, both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat will be produced akin to Fuente's Anejo in that they'd be a small batch, periodical cigar, rather than a one time production like Tatuaje's Black Jars or Halloween series.

Also, after talking to the people at my local B&M, they're expecting a shipment of both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat come early September.

The Dirty Rat will be Regular production, like the Anejos are (ie, they will be released when DE feels like it and they have the stock, but will not have a specific number to hit and then quit)...

The T-52 Flying Pig will only have 3000 boxes released (the #9 FP only had 2000)...However, unlike last year (when they released the #9 FP in batches over a series of months) ALL of the T-52 Flying Pigs will be released at the same time, so once they are gone, they are gone...

The Dirty Rats (Boxes of 12 for $12 each, so about $144) will be available in about 2 weeks...

The T-52 Flying Pigs price is unknown (to me, but I assume they will be like the #9 FP), and will NOT be out before mid October...

Hope that helps!

~brooks

neoflex
08-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info Brooks. A T-52 Pig should be interesting. The #9 is a little spice bomb so I am real curious to see how the T-52 version smokes. So being the #9 FP was $12 each on average, I wonder if the T-52 version will be a buck or two more.

T.G
08-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Having smoked my frist one of these as an unmarked sample from Jon well over a year ago, the Dirty Rats are fantastc cigars, I'm very glad to see that Jon and Saka did put these into production afterall.

Apoco
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Can't wait to try this one.

bigliver
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I've tried the T-52. I wasn't overly impressed. It was decent, but nothing in there wow'ed me. That being said, I'm sure I'll be on the hunt for these new releases.

neoflex
08-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Called my local who carries Liga and they don't have any in stock yet but there is a DE event today so you can bet your sweet Azzes that I am blowing off the honey dos to see if I can score at least a couple Rats.

neoflex
08-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Blahhhh, Went to the event and no Dirty Rats. Shipping was delayed so they didn't go out as planned but my local assured me that they would be in next week sometime. The Drew Estate rep was awesome to talk to though. Got to hear a lot about the Liga line and the history of DE. No rats but a great time nonetheless.

ckay
08-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Just smoke them. They won't get any better with time. If anything, you'll lose the spice that makes these LPs what they are.

As far as Tats, I will never understand the infatuation with them other than the thrill of the hunt.

NCRadioMan
08-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Just smoke them. They won't get any better with time.

That is highly subjective.

You might lose some spice but may gain complexity which many of us prefer to straight spice, or the spice may get even stronger. Part of the fun of our hobby is seeing how a particular cigar progresses over time.

:2

neoflex
08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
As I mentioned before my one of my locals had a DE event this past weekend. According to the rep the Liga 9s are going to be a little scarce for at least 6 to 8 months due to low yields of the wrapper due to cooler temps in the Connecticut Valley during the summer months the last couple of years so if you really enjoy the 9s and have access to them you may want to stock up. I know the T-52s have been kind of scarce lately and it seems the 9s are following suit although the T-52 inventories are supposed to be getting better in the upcoming weeks.

maverickdrinker
08-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the update John. Picked up a box of liga 9 robustos on the weekend as my B&M sold out of the T52s.

captain53
08-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Looking forward to trying one, I sure like the #9's.:tu

Chainsaw13
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Just got a call from Holts. They have the Dirty Rat's in. I should have mine by Friday.

darkleeroy
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I bought a couple at the SE Fl herf last Saturday, it's got a bit of a twang to it like the T52's but with a lot more oomph for such a tiny cigar compared to it's cousins. Likewise, the taste is in between the no. 9 and the t52 in terms of dark, tastes like espresso.

Volcodom
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
In my list of top cigars Liga 9 is at the absolute top, having never tried T-52 I can only assume it's amazing, and so when I saw the dirty rat I actually began to drool.

whodeeni
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
I can't wait until i get my hands on some! I also heard that Jd will soon
release his long awaited JD4 which Walt (klipsch) wasn't too impressed
with...

klipsch
09-10-2010, 05:13 PM
with...

Walt (klipsch) wasn't too impressed with the Dirty Rat with a $12 price tag on it either. Good stick, but for $12? Come on... :rolleyes: Maybe if Steve put them in a ceramic jar with a spiffy logo on it or something? Too many good sticks out there for less than $10...to pay $12 for a corona.

Brooks W
09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
with...

As far as I know, the JD#4 is not going to be released until next year...the next major release will be the T-52 Flying Pig in Oct...

~brooks

Chainsaw13
09-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I only paid $126/box, so $10/stick. Yea, I little pricey but I love corona sized cigars. Smoking one right now. Liking it so far.

whodeeni
09-10-2010, 07:25 PM
As far as I know, the JD#4 is not going to be released until next year...the next major release will be the T-52 Flying Pig in Oct...

~brooks

well maybe those are Pre-Releases Brooks!;)

Brooks W
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
well maybe those are Pre-Releases Brooks!;)

Wish I knew something about that! :D:D:r

~brooks

klipsch
09-11-2010, 07:23 AM
I only paid $126/box, so $10/stick. Yea, I little pricey but I love corona sized cigars. Smoking one right now. Liking it so far.

:tu