PDA

View Full Version : Who sells cigars that are ready to smoke?

d'am
08-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll be attending a bbq in the near future, and I'd like to bring a box of cigars. My current collection is a little...eclectic...so I'd be better off purchasing a full box. Does anyone in the U.S. ship cigars that are neither too humid nor too dry? Famous and CI both seem to ship wet cigars. Any advice on other retailers is appreciated.

bigdix
08-23-2010, 01:46 AM
New Havana Cigars....I end up yankin' one outta the box everytime I get one :) Besides, Dan over there is great, his packaging is the best (humidified), and customer service is great. I live in Japan and usually have my cigars in hand in about 5 days. :tu

Adriftpanda
08-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Tower Pipes and Cigars, NorcalMark (Mark) is also on the board here. His prices are one the best imo and the service you get from him is one of a kind.

http://towercigars.com/store/

elderboy02
08-23-2010, 05:01 AM
The Party Source 866-78-CIGAR

TripleF
08-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Every time I get an order in from Famous or Cigars Int'l I always smoe one fresh off the truck. Not to wet for me...

Why not visit a local B&M..... support them.

neoflex
08-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Tower Pipes and Cigars, NorcalMark (Mark) is also on the board here. His prices are one the best imo and the service you get from him is one of a kind.

+1! I only dealt with him once but he was a pleasure to deal with and my smokes were at my front door in three days and that's going from CA to NC. Top notch in my book. My purchase was a box of T-52 Toros. When they arrived I opened the box for inspection. They smelled so great I had to torch one right off the truck which is something I try to never do. Smoked perfect!

Subvet642
08-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Personally, I like JR's; they always smoke great right out of the box and I've never has a problem with the service.

Salvelinus
08-23-2010, 07:41 AM
The only ordering from famous I have done is off the monster, but those have smoked ok right away for me. I second your idea on CI though, workout whenever I have tried to smoke those right away.

rrplasencia
08-23-2010, 07:43 AM
jack schwartz

itzfrank
08-23-2010, 08:03 AM
If you order a box a few weeks in advance, wouldn't that give you enough time to let them rest?

Mugen910
08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
If you order a box a few weeks in advance, wouldn't that give you enough time to let them rest?

:tpd:

darkleeroy
08-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Why not visit a local B&M..... support them.

:tpd: Usually, boxes coming out of my favorite B&M smoke just right.

Darrell
08-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I agree with Dan and Huy, both Mark at Tower and Dan at New Havana are TOP notch!

smokin5
08-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Most of the time, I have good (not wet) luck with:
Atlantic Cigars
Cigar King
JR Cigars
Mike's Cigars

CigarNut
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I like the gang at Taboo Cigars; I also like Famous, Jack Schwartz and Tex Cigars. I have had good luck with all, but the guys at Taboo have gone the extra mile for me.

bigliver
08-23-2010, 09:55 AM
NHC has been good to me. Bonita Smoke Shop does a pretty decent job as well.

dwoodward
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
:tpd: Usually, boxes coming out of my favorite B&M smoke just right.

My B&M's walk-in is at 72% RH... The other ones in town don't even run humidifiers, its kinda stupid.

KidRock
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM

:tpd: Mark is awesome!

Bill86
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Yeah that's what I do. After a few cigars stop on me at the local B&M, I just toss them into my humidor for a week or so and that's got them burning perfect.

quantim0
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Bonita Smoke Shop does a pretty decent job as well.

Yeah, I was in their shop for the first and last time today. If you like cigars covered in mold, that's your place. Worst cigar shop I have ever been in.

darkleeroy
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
My B&M's walk-in is at 72% RH... The other ones in town don't even run humidifiers, its kinda stupid.

I think I've only been into one cigar shop here that's had a walk in. Everyone else here just does the giant room with a industrial sized humidifier is our humidor thing. Then again, ambient humidity is at least in the 50%, and right now it's in the 60%.

When I lived in Chattanooga everyone had walk-ins. The humidity was perfect there too. Because I was the one who decided where it should be.:ss

Even better, if your cigars are going to be for immediate consumption, and you know they're a bit wet from the get go, regardless of where you get them, just dry box them a few days before you go to your BBQ.

bigswol2
08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
+ one for the guys at Taboo!

acruce
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I like the gang at Taboo Cigars; I also like Famous, Jack Schwartz and Tex Cigars. I have had good luck with all, but the guys at Taboo have gone the extra mile for me.I was going to mention Taboo as well.