PDA

View Full Version : Note To Self: Don't leave a bottle of . . .

RGD.
08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
. . . rum, brand new, in the front seat of my truck (leather seats) so that the sun beats down on it for about 3 to 4 hours again.

Damn.

I had run down to the ABC store for a friend who is on driving restriction (doctors orders) to pick him up a few items. While there I decided to grab another bottle of George Bowman Rum. Came back, parked under a tree and left my bottle in the front seat laying down.

So we sat out on his patio for about 5 hours having a few cigars and drinks. I get up to my truck to leave, open the door and damn. The sun had heated the bottle which blew the cork stopper and half the damn bottle was all over the seats. Hell of a mess.

The upside is that the ride home, even with the windows down was actually pretty enjoyable with the rum smell - better than any air freshener. :D

Will see what the seat looks like once it dries out.

Rpm

ucla695
08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope everything cleans up nicely.

I once had a Coke in an aluminum can explode in my trunk. It was rolling around back there on a hot day and it must have hit something that punctured it. What a mess!

bvilchez
08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Hopefully you don't get pulled over. i can see you trying to explain that to an officer now.

replicant_argent
08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I feel for ya Ron. I just hope you didn't get stopped for a taillight or anything on the way home.

Now, as penance for abusing/wasting good rum, we shall see what kind of punishment you require.

Bill86
08-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Man that sucks, but I agree I had a similar incident with a bottle of Ron zacapa 23, half a bottle some idiots in my car dumped it. Car smelled fantastic for weeks.

replicant_argent
08-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Man that sucks, but I agree I had a similar incident with a bottle of Ron zacapa 23, half a bottle some idiots in my car dumped it. Car smelled fantastic for weeks.

now there's a glass half full guy...

Or is that a "bottle half empty" guy?

Bill86
08-24-2010, 03:55 AM
now there's a glass half full guy...

Or is that a "bottle half empty" guy?

The bottle cost $50, so $25 for a nice smelling car for a few months :tu. Needless to say I refuse to bring good booze around 21 year olds. Not only do half of them mix my booze with sunny D or coke....they spill it in my car!

Now I got a different car and it smells like cigars, a much cheaper air freshener.