PDA

View Full Version : Cheap smokes!!

bigdix
08-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Now that I have your attention :r I am looking for a cheaper "yard-smoke". It seems the average per-stick I smoke is in the range of 8 bucks or so. So I'm looking for something about 3.50 or so a stick, a tad more or less is fine. Also, nothing too huge, about a 50 min smoke, give or take. I like mostly fuller smokes and tend to lean towards LFD, any DPG product, Don Giolito stuff, Ashton, Oliva. Can't wait to hear some recommendations. If I were in the states I'd check out a few B&M's and talk to some folks and buy a few sticks here or there but it's just easier overseas to get some opinions and order more cigars to save on shipping. Thanks for the help!!! :tu:tu

Don Fernando
08-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Box of 30 will set you back about 100 bucks at the major online shops. Benchmade robusto (made by DPG for Ashton) and Fumadores (made by DPG for Holts) come to mind too, both are mixed filler.

bigdix
08-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Box of 30 will set you back about 100 bucks at the major online shops. Benchmade robusto (made by DPG for Ashton) and Fumadores (made by DPG for Holts) come to mind too, both are mixed filler.

Thanks for the input, this is what I was getting at, what are YOU all smoking for cheap and what should I check out, b/c I'm gonna probably just buy a box so that they stay "cheap". :tu

Don Fernando
08-20-2010, 04:01 AM
I am smoking these sticks, love them all (check my blog for reviews on the Benchmade and Diesel, fumadores review will be online in about 8 hours).

Another nice cheap and short smoke is the Oliva G special G maduro, did a review on that one too, recently. And from what I've heard (haven't tried one yet, have a few in the humi though) Famous Nic must be a good and cheap smoke too.

I can also recommend www.vegassantiago.com great yardgars for the price. Free shipping from Costa Rica.

bigdix
08-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Tons and tons of info, what's your source for the Benchmade?? (IF you don't mind, of course!) :ss

Don Fernando
08-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Local shop in Amsterdam, The Netherlands ;)

I see that Jack Schwartz (http://www.jackschwartz.com/s.917/benchmade-cigars.aspx) carries them too.

longknocker
08-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Great Info, Ferdie!:tu I Love That Oliva Special G Maduro, Especially If You Can Rest It A Year. If You Can Find Any Tat P3's Around, They Are An Awesome Cheap Smoke!

Barcode
08-20-2010, 04:33 AM
I bought a bunch of Pirate's Gold to pass out at my wedding next year. I got them cuz I don't think there will be too many people at the wedding that actually smoke cigars but they will try them on this day. I tried them and I liked them as something I could smoke everyday. :2

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-PGA&stext=Pirate’s%20Gold

bigdix
08-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Thanks, Ferdinand! Greg, I'm checkin' those out too!

Dunkel
08-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Diesel, La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, CI Legends Red (Perdomo), and CI Legends Yellow (DPG). They can all be had for $2-2.50 a stick when you get a box from C bid.

jbuck
08-20-2010, 05:29 AM
The 5 vegas gold maduro is one you might want to try, also Bahia maduro(red label) made by aj fernandez and his la herencia oscuro is one of the best buys around

bigliver
08-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Wonder where this will lead Dan? I bet it starts with credit card and rhymes with waiting on the mailman.
Posted via Mobile Device

bigdix
08-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Wonder where this will lead Dan? I bet it starts with credit card and rhymes with waiting on the mailman.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAH-Q!! You know you want some of my Benchmades!! :) I recommend you order a box o' cheapies too and we split both!! :tu

Kreth
08-20-2010, 06:07 AM
If only we had a Cheap Smoke Thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643). ;)

NCRadioMan
08-20-2010, 06:15 AM
If only we had a Cheap Smoke Thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643). ;)

And if it were a sticky, it would be super-easy to find. :D

bigdix
08-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Ok, Fumadores :)

bigdix
08-20-2010, 06:17 AM
OF COURSE! I would miss the cheap smoke thread :( Fuggin' noobs!!

Brad
08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Check out the Tabacos Baez SF. They are short filler sticks made by Pepin, dirt cheap and pretty good.

dwoodward
08-20-2010, 01:04 PM
To be honest, most sampler packs online (and by most i mean 99%) drop prices on sticks to less than 3.50 each.

So in otherwords you can smoke great sticks anytime if that is your price range. Just check out the CI deal of the day, and go nuts when the Joe Jambalaya comes around.

GAW
08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
To be honest, most sampler packs online (and by most i mean 99%) drop prices on sticks to less than 3.50 each.

So in otherwords you can smoke great sticks anytime if that is your price range. Just check out the CI deal of the day, and go nuts when the Joe Jambalaya comes around.

:tpd: You nailed it!!
CI deals for sure - Padilla 1932,Dominus,Miami,DPG Blue JJ,EO 601,etc for3-3.50 per stick.

csbrewfisher
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Box of 30 will set you back about 100 bucks at the major online shops.

Love Diesels, full body & flavor, my everyday smoke.

The Omar Ortez Originals will be in your range too...you can usually pick up a box of 60 for under $160. Hard to do better than these.

BFallehy
08-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I love these kind of threads.

Ok so I like a good cheap stick as much as the next guy and have dones some searching to find ones that I think are just as good as the 7 or 8 dollar sticks out there.

Diesel, like many have said.
Benchmade, like a few have said and if you go to cigarplace.biz you can get them for under 2.50 a piece and they do 1 dollar shipping on the first of the month.
Corojo Lable from cigar.com is another great one that I didn't see anyone mention. I have had great results from these and pretty cheap.
Tobac Baez SF, Great smoke especialy at the price. They may be short filler but smoke like premium long filler sticks in my experience.
Old Henry, either the maduro or the regular. I haven't had the coneticut wrapper yet.
Little Havana Overruns. I have only had one but I will definatly be picking up more.

These are all sticks I have realy liked and are in my opinion better than alot of sticks twice their price. :tu

Don Fernando
08-20-2010, 02:50 PM
The Omar Ortez Originals will be in your range too...you can usually pick up a box of 60 for under $160. Hard to do better than these.

where?

Starscream
08-20-2010, 02:55 PM
If only...

A great idea! This type of thread seems to come up on a regular basis, yet we have a very good cheap smokes thread that was established here almost two years ago (and maybe even longer ago than that on another board)!

Starscream
08-20-2010, 04:26 PM
If only...

A great idea! This type of thread seems to come up on a regular basis, yet we have a very good cheap smokes thread that was established here almost two years ago (and maybe even longer ago than that on another board)!

I just noticed that this thread is already a sticky!!! It's in the middle of the stickies at the top of this page!:tu

Matt1951
08-22-2010, 08:12 PM
where?

atlanticcigar.com has them on sale for $128 for a box of 60. jrcigars.com has them on sale for $129. Shipping from Atlantic Cigars is less in the US.

lighthousebill1
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
the Sancho Panza dbl maduro is a reasonbly priced stick that gives you a great smoke

bigdix
08-26-2010, 04:07 AM
The Benchmades are here and I just had my first outta the box....pretty darn good!! Especially for the price. :tu

OLS
03-01-2011, 05:42 PM

hehehe, quiet, HIP-pie.

DTM
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Diesel Unholy with an extra 6pack for $105.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=765

thecatch83
03-04-2011, 05:24 AM
the Sancho Panza dbl maduro is a reasonbly priced stick that gives you a great smoke

+1 This is a great smoke (the extra fuerte), and has received a couple 90 point ratings for those that are into that sort of thing.

Rocky Patel produced Indian Tabac (super fuerte) is another outstanding smoke that goes for around 50 bucks for a box of 25.

HollywoodQue
03-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Tampa Sweethearts always work!

Bunker
03-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Smoked another Final Blend this morning. Great cheap maduro from Famous Smoke.