PDA

View Full Version : what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?

Pages : [1] 2

ujponds
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Like most people here I check Cigar Monster all day long. I always click on the reviews and find it funny how much they can differ. I was wondering what some of the worst cigars some of you have had are?

For me it has to be Helix Maduro Torpedo

Ogre
08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Gurkha Double Black. 2 puffs and I was done!!!

markem
08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
After a certain point, I don't distinguish if this one bad stick was worse than some other bad stick. Bad is bad. There are far too many that never made it past the first puff.

Brian D.
08-14-2010, 12:45 PM
The brand name was "Smokin' Toad". Some of us renamed it "Chokin' Turd".

The Poet
08-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Somebody gave me a few Santana churchills once. Don't know anything about them, but three puffs in I trashed it.

I may still have one buried somewhere, if you're interested. :r

Footbag
08-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Easy... Gifted Cohibo from the DR.

Tasted like fish food.

stevieray
08-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Maroma

Eleven
08-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Gurkha. Have not had one yet that I could finish.

shilala
08-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Padilla Miami.
I've smoked lots of really bad cigars, but I really fought through that one. Now I suffer a half an inch till I throw them in the alley.

maninblack
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Mine would have to be a flor de todo or something like that. Tasted like ass compounded with dog crap.

kelmac07
08-14-2010, 02:30 PM
No contest...Lars Teten Gorillafinger!!

Dunkel
08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Pick any from my signature.

whodeeni
08-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Nicaraguan Bundle stick that i got from CI last summer when I first
started out.... Took Me 6 months to find somebody who'll smoke "Anything"
that I could give them to! They were so bad that I wouldn't have felt
right even sending them to the troops!:r

icehog3
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Cremosa Cubana, hands down. :r

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

For those of you who weren't on CS back in 2005, Dave had a contest to see which cigar was worse, a Cremosa or a Tamboril. This was my entry after trying both cigars:

Tamboril

I decide to smoke the Tamboril in the parking garage near where I work. Pulling the cigar from its cellophane jail, I swear I have seen this cigar before. Finally, it comes to me…it is just the same as the Cuban Cohibas I bought from the guy walking the beach in Cancun last summer. A squeeze reveals a spongy construction, much like a contraceptive sponge prior to insertion.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw is a taste to remember…its what I imagine sucking powdered goat feces through a straw made of petrified moose $hit might taste like. I contemplate quitting the contest and sending Dave back his extra smokes, but decide that if I can have a root canal with no anesthesia, I can smoke this cigar.

The smoke

As I toast the end, the smell of the Killing Fields of Cambodia is what I perceive. All the pain and torture endured there seems only slightly worse than the experience I am beginning. The first draw fills my mouth with smoke that would be better suited for a fire at a tire factory, but I press on, knowing that I must help Dave find some answers to his dilemma. My head begins to pound like a headboard in a Ginger Lynn movie, but I puff again, trying to keep the smoke in and the bile down. The cigar is burning sideways and fast, and finally I can take no more. I see a homeless man walking by in his filthy clothes, and I ask him to spit in my mouth to take away the taste of the Tamboril. He obliges and the stale taste of Mad Dog 20/20 and Virginia Slims is a welcome change. I offer him the remainder of the cigar as a reward for his kind gesture, and he slugs me square in the mouth. The mixture of my own blood and the Mogan David remain with me on my journey home for the second part of my adventure.

Cremosa

I take the Cremosa out of its wrapper, and am immediately overwhelmed by the scent of Miss Locascio’s house. Miss L was the woman on our block with 72 cats, 3 ferrets and a nasty flatulence problem. The cigar feels harder than the mattress at the Motel 6 and has the same color as the middle of horrorview’s prescription thong.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw feels looser than an Irish hooker on St Patrick’s Day. I long for the taste of spit and blood again as I taste the rancid pork washed down with spoiled milk flavor that the Cremosa offers.I shudder as I reach into my pocket for my lighter. As I contemplate my next move, Chevy Chase appears on my shoulder…”See the cigar, hog….be the cigar”….I flick my bic.

The smoke

The smell of the cigar is a familiar one….the smoke smells like the water that leaks out of a dumpster behind a Mexican restaurant on a 95 degree day. My head swims with irrational thoughts….”should I slit my wrists?”….”should I eat a bullet?”…..”should I watch 'American Idol'?”. Finally, sanity creeps back in, and I rush to the sink. No time for the Drew Estates Dave included as a palate cleanser, I reach for the Liquid Plumber and greedily chug from the bottle. The second degree burns scorching my tongue bring welcome relief from the taste of the Craposa. In the ambulance, the paramedic asks ”what is that rancid pork and spoiled milk smell on your breath”, even as he stabilizes my vital signs. I will live, he tells me, and by the way, he found my cigar and saved it for me. I wonder if they will have any sharp items in my hospital room?

So the loser… or the winner…of the worst of the worst…Cremosa. Thanks a lot Dave…I will send you the hospital bills.

s15driftking
08-14-2010, 03:05 PM

Tasted like fish food.

you eat fish food?

mine would be the La Aurora Barrel Aged

JDTexan
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Any Gurkha I ever tried to choke down.

Starz26
08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Some Punch NC. Tasted like vomit and made me want to do same.

dwoodward
08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Pick any from my signature.

I have had the Cuba Libre, and yes, I agree, worst cigar I have ever smoked.

sikk50
08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I reviewed it actualy!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21081

NCRadioMan
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

For those of you who weren't on CS back in 2005, Dave had a contest to see which cigar was worse, a Cremosa or a Tamboril. This was my entry after trying both cigars:
:banger No question although my Tamboril was worse than the Cremosa but I don't want to even look at either one again. The Gurkha Legend in the pppp was really horrible at SH IV too.

Those three stick out as the worst.

Chingas
08-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Tom, that old school review had me rolling!

NCRadioMan
08-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Tom, that old school review had me rolling!

Pretty much everyone that smoked them has the same type thoughts as Tom, Chingas. :pu

Chingas
08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Pretty much everyone that smoked them has the same type thoughts as Tom, Chingas. :pu

I say to myself all the time I wish I was around in the beginning. Not so much anymore!

GTsetGO
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Rocky Patel Autumn 09

should have just licked my ashtray.

macsauce13
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Honestly, as of now

La Aurora 107 Robusto

Savvy
08-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I had a Cremosa Cubana with a few years on it. I think that just allowed it to gain a little bit more of the mildewy cardboard flavor than it would have had if it was fresh.

I also had a Lars Teten Gorilla Finger, which more or less tastes like smoking a urinal cake.

It's definitely one of those two, I'm just not entirely sure which was more awful than the other.

elderboy02
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Cremosa Cubana :pu

BryanB
08-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Flor de Todo or Macanudo Claybourne Jade :pu

ujponds
08-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Some pretty funny stuff. I'm glad I started this thread, I was actually thinking of picking up some Gurkhas to see what the fuss was all about. I see them all over the place online now I know why, they want to get rid of them!

Ogre
08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Some pretty funny stuff. I'm glad I started this thread, I was actually thinking of picking up some Gurkhas to see what the fuss was all about. I see them all over the place online now I know why, they want to get rid of them!

The issue with Gurkhas is the inconsistency. I had 3 cigars from the same box, 1 good and 2 sucked!!! Will not do that gamble again.

RevSmoke
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Is this premium hand-rolled cigars, or any cigars at all.

Lars Tetem (I smoked a couple when they first came out)
Grand Nica
Macanudo
Te Amo

Adriftpanda
08-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Famous-Garcia Family

Jbailey
08-14-2010, 06:03 PM
El Baton.

I felt like I went to a garbage dump and sucked on the incinerator chimney.

DMK
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
anything from Gurkha....:pu

quantim0
08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
A Gurkha Beast thAt tasted like I was smoking the stale earth that the beast had peed on for the last 5 years.

Terrifying.

Sr Mike
08-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I would have to pick either the Inmenso or the Nub Habano

bobarian
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Angry Elf-Thanks(???) papajohn! :td

cricky101
08-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Tried a Cremosa in a PPP and it so far has been the worst cigar I've EVER tried. Thinking about it gives me shivers

darkleeroy
08-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Camacho Corojo

d'am
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Puros Indios Viejo. It was so bad I had to smoke a second to make sure the first wasn't a mistake.

acruce
08-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I forget the name but the band has a chick showing her tits.

ujponds
08-14-2010, 08:52 PM

I can see why you wouldn't notice the name.

taltos
08-14-2010, 09:08 PM
I have to vote for the Cremosa.

icehog3
08-14-2010, 10:13 PM
The issue with Gurkhas is the inconsistency. I had 3 cigars from the same box, 1 good and 2 sucked!!! Will not do that gamble again.

I had a similar experience Larry...I had 3 Gurkhas from the same box, 0 good and 3 sucked! :r

Starscream
08-14-2010, 10:35 PM

:r Free Cuba

M1903A1
08-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Tom, I can barely type after reading your review!:r:r:r When cigars come back into vogue you should do cigar reviews for the newspapers!!

My worst...a Puros Indios. In three words: puff, puff, PITCH!!!!!! :pu

icehog3
08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
:r Free Cuba

And I thought she was just "cheap".

icehog3
08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Tom, I can barely type after reading your review!:r:r:r When cigars come back into vogue you should do cigar reviews for the newspapers!!

I guess I could try The Onion, Scott. :r

Superbad
08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Ghurka's. I have yet to have one that didn't taste like bitters and dirt.

M1903A1
08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I guess I could try The Onion, Scott. :r

That would certainly improve it, Tom!!!

icehog3
08-14-2010, 10:47 PM
That would certainly improve it, Tom!!!

:r :r

gvarsity
08-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Pirates gold. Had about three decent puffs and then it turned to ass/ash flavored. Just nasty.

neoflex
08-15-2010, 08:27 AM
I never had the balls to try a Cremosa or a Tamboril.:r For me it was a Pinar something or other. It was gifted to me from a local many, many years ago. It was the ones that they claimed they found a warehouse full of pre-embargo Cuban leaf.(cough BullSh*t, cough, cough) Smoking that thing basically tasted like I was sucking on warm air and that was it. No flavor whatsoever. If you would like to know what it tasted like, wait until the winter and if you have forced air in your home wait for the heat to kick on and grab yourself a straw and suck the air coming out of the vent through the straw. You have now replicated what this smoke tasted like. After that the worst smokes I have ever had was basically every single Nub and I tried all of them except for the Cain as I have yet to convince myself to try one. All the others made it a few puffs and were chucked. Lifes to short to waste time smoking sh*tty cigars.

68TriShield
08-15-2010, 08:45 AM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV <----

I'd have to say this was the most offensive cigar I've tasted/smoked.
And after dissecting this baby and seeing what was inside,instead of tobacco....:pu

pektel
08-15-2010, 08:46 AM
worst i.ve had so far was called a park avenue, made by gurkha iirc.

s15driftking
08-15-2010, 08:47 AM
I had a similar experience Larry...I had 3 Gurkhas from the same box, 0 good and 3 sucked! :r

see, the reason i know you are lying is because you'd never own a whole box of gurkhas!!!

s15driftking
08-15-2010, 08:48 AM

i like your avatar.

icehog3
08-15-2010, 08:50 AM
see, the reason i know you are lying is because you'd never own a whole box of gurkhas!!!

It's called "comedic license", Bobby. ;) :r

SvilleKid
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
All these neophytes!! Gurkhas are Opus beside Cremosa's. I will be happy to hook-up a select few brothers' that haven't had the "pleasure" of a Cremosa up with both a Cremosa and a Gurkha for a side by side comparison. Only requirement is that they will have to smoke at least half of each cigar and write up a review! I think I have three Cremosa's left. But, may be only two. Will have to dig them out and count.

Smokin Gator
08-15-2010, 02:13 PM
All these neophytes!! Gurkhas are Opus beside Cremosa's. I will be happy to hook-up a select few brothers' that haven't had the "pleasure" of a Cremosa up with both a Cremosa and a Gurkha for a side by side comparison. Only requirement is that they will have to smoke at least half of each cigar and write up a review! I think I have three Cremosa's left. But, may be only two. Will have to dig them out and count.

Thanks for the offer brother... but I PASS!!!:tu

dwoodward
08-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I am surprised about all the Gurkha hate... I have had over a dozen of them and have found them to be very consistent and never had one that I didn't like.

And someone here said they took 2 puffs and put it down? Really? Even the best cigars sometimes start out funny.

:td

icehog3
08-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I am surprised about all the Gurkha hate... I have had over a dozen of them and have found them to be very consistent and never had one that I didn't like.

I must be the Bizarro dwoodward... I have had over a dozen of them and never had one I did like. :)

darkleeroy
08-15-2010, 04:58 PM

And someone here said they took 2 puffs and put it down? Really? Even the best cigars sometimes start out funny.

:td

There's funny, there's rancid, and then there's "If I continue to smoke this I'll probably end up in the hospital / I question the cigars claim that this is made of tobacco."

I'd imagine the two puffer's are in the last category.

lovenhim
08-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Keep in mind that I am new to all of this, but one day I was in my local smock shop and I bout a flavored Phillie Blunt...I forgot which flavor it was. That thing was horrid.

bsmokin
08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Keep in mind that I am new to all of this, but one day I was in my local smock shop and I bout a flavored Phillie Blunt...I forgot which flavor it was. That thing was horrid.

:pu

I then to learn the hard way as well... ;)

ujponds
08-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Haha, I don't think they are intended to be smoked as cigars, at least not the filler.

ChicagoWhiteSox
08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Gurkha tripel something or another. It had a sour/metallic taste to it. I guess it was like putting your loose change from your pocket in your mouth:r

Mayor
08-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Professor Sila ....back in 1997 during the boom. It tasted like nothing, no flavor...well maybe some paper or something.

T.G
08-16-2010, 08:44 AM
The White Owl Pineapple that I reviewed here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21847

Even the Lars Tetens Gorilla Finger and Cremosa Cuba were better than that cigar, or, at least I didn't get chemical burns from the smoke on them.

gbum
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
nc
santiago
maroma

cc
guantanamera

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
La Vieja Habana. Terrible. They were like gasoline infused turds.

GolfNut
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
La Vieja Habana. Terrible. They were like gasoline infused turds.

+1

Nasty

Some folks must like them, I am not one.

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
+1

Nasty

Some folks must like them, I am not one.

And some people like Pinapple infused White Owls, too! :r

T.G
08-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Once you get past the part about feeling like someone just poured liquid Draino all over your face and tounge, I'd say that the Pineapple White Owl is a decent cigar.

E.J.
08-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I started smoking cigars about a year ago and really have not had a "worst cigar". Though admittedly have not strayed far from what are generally considered good cigars.

Way back, before I started smoking cigars, I had what must have been hundreds of crappy cigars....though have no idea what they were.... They were the exact reason before last September, regardless of the cigar offered, I probably would have declined due to my previous experiences....

P.S. I was belly laughing at Tom's reviews.... Funniest thing I have read in weeks, maybe longer...

jmsremax
08-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Gurkha tripel something or another. It had a sour/metallic taste to it. I guess it was like putting your loose change from your pocket in your mouth:r

Ghurka FTL! (for the loss)

;)

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Once you get past the part about feeling like someone just poured liquid Draino all over your face and tounge, I'd say that the Pineapple White Owl is a decent cigar.

Mmmm, Drano!

ujponds
08-16-2010, 10:50 AM

You should try it in a Maduro. . . Perfection!

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 10:56 AM
You should try it in a Maduro. . . Perfection!

I'll hafta take your word on that.

T.G
08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Mmmm, Drano!

No, not really.

Now, if it were Liquid-Plumr, that's something I could get behind.

galaga
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

:banger No question although my Tamboril was worse than the Cremosa but I don't want to even look at either one again. The Gurkha Legend in the pppp was really horrible at SH IV too.

Those three stick out as the worst.

No Dave loved 'em....Can't remember which one he liked best though. (Ignore the red look on his face, he's just using the outdoor facilities....;))

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
No, not really.

Now, if it were Liquid-Plumr, that's something I could get behind.

Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*. :=:

T.G
08-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Isn't that a new Drew Estate product, an extension of their Acid line, called "Base"; *For when things can't get any worse*. :=:

Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Nah, Jon only uses natural products for the infusions, so it would have to be more like a new CAO Flavor. Moontrance, CherryBomb, BellaVanillia, DrainOpener, Eileen's Dream...

Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.

SmokinCozy
08-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Maroma.....gave the box away

T.G
08-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Ah, good to know. So their LVHs are meant to taste like sh!t, but naturally.

*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 12:16 PM
*shrug*

The LVH line has never been an infused line, years ago, it used to be a long filler line with two blends: a medium bodied Cameroon wrapper (LVH) and a full-bodied Conn. broadleaf maduro (LVH Early Years). Then they disappeared for a year or year and a half, then came back as their current incarnation as mixed-filler cigars from scrap trimmings from other lines. One of the problems with mixed filler & short filler is that the bend can be inconsistent. Another thing about scrap trimmings is that the wrapper leaf has to be removed before the tobacco is used in mixed filler cigars because the wrapper will burn bitter inside the cigar. Someone could have messed up and you got a stick with a bunch of wrapper in the filler.

I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.

hotreds
08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.

T.G
08-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I know that they're not infused, but gawd, they were awful! I bought a box 'cause they were on sale for a stupid low price. I gave it the ol' college try, I smoked about 5 of 'em before I gave-up.

Heh. I've done that before too.

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

:pu :pu :pu

Adriftpanda
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Something called "Equus." It sure wasn't a cigar by any measure except the shape.

Equus is Latin for "horse" so...

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 12:41 PM

Then there was that one night years ago I went cheap cigar hunting on cbid while drunk.

Big mistake. Ended up with a huge box, way too large to fit in the lockers at the post office (the clerk brought the box out to the counter on a freaking cart, and I was just standing there going WTF? This box must have been at least 2ft square, maybe closer to 3 in one dimension) full of crap cigars and 10 empty boxes showing up the next week that I didn't even remember ordering. Funny thing was, it only cost me less than $100 to fill that. So, that should give you an idea just how bad most of them were. Everything on CI's "Unsmokeables" page, yeah, I've tried them... and then some...

Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.

T.G
08-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Generally speaking, Unsmokable as a description doesn't inspire any confidence in the product.

Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?

csbrewfisher
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
1. Acid Kuba Kuba
2. Bucanero red label

longknocker
08-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Wow!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner For That Feat, Brother!;)

acarr
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Creamosas aren't that bad compared to that Lars Gorilla Finger.

Blasphemy! I have to say a Gurkha Legend is the worst.

csbrewfisher
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Anything from CFO

Subvet642
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Yup. Unfortunately, they didn't have that page back then to warn me.

Gee, I just bought half a dozen 5er's of Rosa Cubas and Oreo Cubanas for $1 each along with an entire box of Don Elias for $7, what could possibly go wrong?

What went wrong was they were delivered. :D

GTsetGO
08-16-2010, 05:36 PM
*puts on flame suit*

I am sure i will get a lot of $hit for this post. But I don't like anything from DPG.

Mr. Ed
08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Thompson's Iguana. A Candela (and very very green candela at that) wrapped cigar. Kind of tasted like a burning iguana.

I don't remember why I bought these. Must have been Thompson's spiffy catalog, plus I thought green cigars looked cool.

T.G
08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner For That Feat, Brother!;)

Yeah, I won the dunk dumbass award for that one for sure.

What went wrong was they were delivered. :D

Yup.

neoflex
08-16-2010, 07:21 PM
I actually forgot another one that was absolutely terrible. Put it down after an inch because it smelled like ammonia. It was a Victor Sinclair something or other. Can;t believe I forgot about that one.

AFPNate
08-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Dunhill Signature robusto.... it was as if someone lit dirt, rubbed in black pepper and jammed it in my (cotton)mouth.

08-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

Tinderbox has them on sale!!!
http://www.tinderbox.com/Cremosa-Cubana-Cigars

mahtofire
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Anything Te Amo

E.J.
08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
I started smoking cigars about a year ago and really have not had a "worst cigar". Though admittedly have not strayed far from what are generally considered good cigars.

Way back, before I started smoking cigars, I had what must have been hundreds of crappy cigars....though have no idea what they were.... They were the exact reason before last September, regardless of the cigar offered, I probably would have declined due to my previous experiences....

P.S. I was belly laughing at Tom's reviews.... Funniest thing I have read in weeks, maybe longer...

Let me revise my last post......... This was the worst cigar I can remember smoking.....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35844

yourchoice
08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Easy question for me. Gurkha Vintage. Tasted like cardboard...but the cardboard of a greasy pizza box. Awful. And unlike many, there are a couple Gurkhas I like.

St. Lou Stu
Olor Fuerte Lonsdale

SaltyMcGee
Cremosa Cubana at the PPPP during Shack Herf VI. I'm pretty sure there was arsenic in it. :pu

Drew Estate Java was a close second.

Isom-niac2
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Don't recall the "actual" name of the cigar, but the circumstances how it came about tell all!!! I had a ride-along at work one night and we got to talkin about cigars, so he comes up with the bright idea to grab a couple sticks and have a smoke. Okay here is where you wanna grab the barf bag from the seat cushion in front of you...

Its late and I know there's not a legitimate place to buy a cigar within 20 miles, so he demands that we stop at a liquor store/dougnut shop/ video store. He grabs a couple of so called cigars from the counter display and we head back to the veranda at work. I fiddled with that friggin grotesque piece of bark and weeds for over an hour, before I finally had to tap out!! I thought my taste buds would never speak to me again!!:bh

SilverFox
08-31-2010, 10:37 PM
La Aurora Barrel Aged.

Bought a box back in my NC days.

Smoked one.............reminded me of belly button lint and toe jam wrapped in a used vacuum cleaner bag.

Seems to me I sold the rest..............happily.

Funny how a cigar can make you think of licking the dogs ass just to get the taste out of your mouth.

Adriftpanda
09-01-2010, 02:46 AM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

I kinda want to try the Tamboril now... not sure about the rest but been hearing how awful those really are, makes me want to try it even more! Anyone have one laying around they are will trade?

jdakine
09-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Almost fell off my chair while reading this post, damn good writing Icehog

Tamboril

I decide to smoke the Tamboril in the parking garage near where I work. Pulling the cigar from its cellophane jail, I swear I have seen this cigar before. Finally, it comes to me…it is just the same as the Cuban Cohibas I bought from the guy walking the beach in Cancun last summer. A squeeze reveals a spongy construction, much like a contraceptive sponge prior to insertion.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw is a taste to remember…its what I imagine sucking powdered goat feces through a straw made of petrified moose $hit might taste like. I contemplate quitting the contest and sending Dave back his extra smokes, but decide that if I can have a root canal with no anesthesia, I can smoke this cigar.

The smoke

As I toast the end, the smell of the Killing Fields of Cambodia is what I perceive. All the pain and torture endured there seems only slightly worse than the experience I am beginning. The first draw fills my mouth with smoke that would be better suited for a fire at a tire factory, but I press on, knowing that I must help Dave find some answers to his dilemma. My head begins to pound like a headboard in a Ginger Lynn movie, but I puff again, trying to keep the smoke in and the bile down. The cigar is burning sideways and fast, and finally I can take no more. I see a homeless man walking by in his filthy clothes, and I ask him to spit in my mouth to take away the taste of the Tamboril. He obliges and the stale taste of Mad Dog 20/20 and Virginia Slims is a welcome change. I offer him the remainder of the cigar as a reward for his kind gesture, and he slugs me square in the mouth. The mixture of my own blood and the Mogan David remain with me on my journey home for the second part of my adventure.

Cremosa

I take the Cremosa out of its wrapper, and am immediately overwhelmed by the scent of Miss Locascio’s house. Miss L was the woman on our block with 72 cats, 3 ferrets and a nasty flatulence problem. The cigar feels harder than the mattress at the Motel 6 and has the same color as the middle of horrorview’s prescription thong.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw feels looser than an Irish hooker on St Patrick’s Day. I long for the taste of spit and blood again as I taste the rancid pork washed down with spoiled milk flavor that the Cremosa offers.I shudder as I reach into my pocket for my lighter. As I contemplate my next move, Chevy Chase appears on my shoulder…”See the cigar, hog….be the cigar”….I flick my bic.

The smoke

The smell of the cigar is a familiar one….the smoke smells like the water that leaks out of a dumpster behind a Mexican restaurant on a 95 degree day. My head swims with irrational thoughts….”should I slit my wrists?”….”should I eat a bullet?”…..”should I watch 'American Idol'?”. Finally, sanity creeps back in, and I rush to the sink. No time for the Drew Estates Dave included as a palate cleanser, I reach for the Liquid Plumber and greedily chug from the bottle. The second degree burns scorching my tongue bring welcome relief from the taste of the Craposa. In the ambulance, the paramedic asks ”what is that rancid pork and spoiled milk smell on your breath”, even as he stabilizes my vital signs. I will live, he tells me, and by the way, he found my cigar and saved it for me. I wonder if they will have any sharp items in my hospital room?

So the loser… or the winner…of the worst of the worst…Cremosa. Thanks a lot Dave…I will send you the hospital bills.

sevans105
09-01-2010, 04:17 AM
My worst had to be an ACID Nasty....the write up swore it was full of Chocolately goodness. THEY LIED. Holy cow was that an exercise in fortitude. I bought it at a B&M and paid WAY too much for it....like 12 bucks, so I couldn't just toss it, although I should have. I thought I was gonna die. I wished I would have. It was bad bad bad bad bad bad.

massphatness
09-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Gurkhas are Opus beside Cremosa's.

Negative. Having done a side by side comparison of the Gurkha Viper with a Cremosa at this year's Shack PPPP, I can say with absolute certainty that the Viper is the worst tasting cigar. Ever.

neoflex
09-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Funny how a cigar can make you think of licking the dogs ass just to get the taste out of your mouth.

That's pretty serious!:r

Skywalker
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Tamboril!!!:td

neoflex
09-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Anything Te Amo

Sadly, it is this brand that I smoked way back in the day when I first started smoking. I would walk into a B&M and always grab a couple of these and Punch Maddies.:td

jmsremax
09-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Drew Estate Java was a close second.

Thanks for reminding me how bad these were......a close second to Ghurka IMO. Then again I only have a few years of smoking under my belt so it could change.

TheStatsGuy
09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I thought the Cremosa was just a tad worse then the Gurkha Viper from the PPPP but both made me yearn for one of the dogs turds to get the taste to go away.

Doctorossi
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
If a Te-Amo is the worst you've had, consider yourself very privileged.

brigey57
09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?

I think the worse smoke I have had in recent memory would be the Consuegra Maduro. On a recommendation from a cigar friend I bought a bundle at JR Cigars. About a buck a stick and planned on smoking them as a yard cigar anyway. Big mistake. Burns HOT and bitter. No I don't over smoke or puff to frequently. It's just a certified dog rocket. :<

After a certain point, I don't distinguish if this one bad stick was worse than some other bad stick. Bad is bad. There are far too many that never made it past the first puff.

govicgo
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Worst for me ... a Pirata presidente bundle I picked up from Thompson. They were fire logs disguised as cigars you could see the wax dripping from the maduro wrapper.

Parshooter
09-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Peterson, the pipe tobacco people.

bsmokin
09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
An Acid Kuba Kuba... :pu

icehog3
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Peterson, the pipe tobacco people.

Yeah, those cigars were pretty nasty, Marc.

md4958
09-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Runners up:

Tamboril
Gurkha Regent
Fauxhiba at SHV

Tom, I just read this :r:r:r

md4958
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'll offer: any Gurkha Ive ever smoked.

Im pretty sure Gurkha means dog-chit in Arab.

Adriftpanda
09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Seriously, any one have a Temboril or that Gurkha Viper they wanna trade me?

wayner123
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Some of you might recall the "Gurkha Challenge" that smokinape put together. To this day the Gurkha Signature 101 Maduro Robusto is the worst cigar I have ever smoked. I sometimes get tremors just thinking about it.

icehog3
09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I'll offer: any Gurkha Ive ever smoked.

Im pretty sure Gurkha means dog-chit in Arab.

I knew it, Moe! :r :r

Jbailey
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I got a Cremosa while at the Shack. I will have to see how bad this guy is soon. :tu

NCRadioMan
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I got a Cremosa while at the Shack. I will have to see how bad this guy is soon. :tu
Sounds like something Stormy would do. :r

Jbailey
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Sounds like something Stormy would do. :r

Do you want to help? :r

NCRadioMan
09-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Do you want to help? :r

I'm always helping...bizarro!
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/13/m_623c9ec5c01449d9bdd46e2d7cad6534.jpg

09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Seriously, any one have a Temboril or that Gurkha Viper they wanna trade me?

I have a Cremosa with a year or two of age on it...LOL

Doctorossi
09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a Cremosa with a year or two of age on it...

Not trying to come off a snob, but I only smoke Cremosas from the 20th century.

Adriftpanda
09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a Cremosa with a year or two of age on it...LOL

Yes, send it over. I think I can find something here for you. :tu

Volcodom
09-04-2010, 02:05 PM
ah yes the worst cigar I ever had the displeasure of almost vomiting up later. Now I'll be honest I stumbled upon this intensely rare find at a smoker friendly. After months of black and mild wine and those fine fine white owls which I loved oh so much (note to self find a time machine go back in time and punch self in the nards for ever smoking those vile things) I decided I would approach the mighty cabinet humidor they kept in the back near the Redman and so called pound bags of menthol pipe tobacco. After picking through three or for boxes of Drew Estate's acid line and deciding 10 bucks was too much for a 2 inch cigar, and 15 was too much for something black named after Shakespeare's masterpiece I found it. A real man's cigar the All American Churchil Maduro. Yes I said it, I smoked a brand called All American, had a tiny eagle on his band and everything. To say that I was horrified by the taste would be false. I thought I was big bad stuff with a 7 inch piece of dog dirt. I smoked one a little later, and after waking up from the coma and my months of therapy I am ready to talk about it. Consider something so vile, so evil that it actually makes being impaled on a telephone pole look like a good alternative. It tasted like stale air mixed with that oh so lovely rotting fish dumpster outside of your favorite long john silvers. the scent of the smoke was something akin to what happens when you introduce a yeti to a skunk, smear him with rancid milk and set him ablaze. Never smoke this abomination, ever.

this post is dedicated to whatever other fool victims this dog rocket has claimed, as I have been back to SF and these monstosities are all gone.

Bill86
09-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Some unlabeled dog rocket at New Havana smoke shop, Franklin TN. Some guy sold me 2 dogrockets which he said "GREAT" for $6 a smoke. I probably smoked half an inch of the cigar before chucking it out the window. AWFUL, never going back to that B&M again.

I should have known better when he said we're closed but I'll sell you 2 for $12 tax free.

sevans105
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I officially had my WORST cigar today. Ordered a box off of Famous. Decent reviews online, very reasonable price...paid about 45 for a box of 20.

Carinos Maduro Churchill.

Should have known it was gonna be weird when I cut it and the wrapper and the filler were VERY different colors. Definitely a dyed maduro. Very bitter upon lighting, and NEVER EVER EVER got better. I kept hoping, kept giving it the benefit of the doubt. BLEH. Actually lit up the nub of a cigar I had smoked earlier that day to get the taste out of my mouth.

Learned my lesson. You get what you pay for. Dang it. I hate learning that lesson.

ODLS1
09-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real was my first and I did not like it. Barely better than a cigarette, which I hate. I talked to the guy who runs the humidor and he knows my taste in beer so he recommended The Edge Maduro, which I enjoyed, but wanted even more. So, I've had a pretty expensive taste from the get go. I always want more flavor. CAO America was pretty bad too. Tried that for the 4th of July.

Bunker
09-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Carlos Torana Casa Torano, the first cigar in years that I gave up on after only an inch or so. I would rather smoke an Optimo Palma.

kelmac07
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Carlos Torana Casa Torano, the first cigar in years that I gave up on after only an inch or so. I would rather smoke an Optimo Palma.

Really?? Was it the maduro version? If so, just goes to show the different tastes. Because I LOVE those!! Never had the natural.

688sonarmen
09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
I officially had my WORST cigar today. Ordered a box off of Famous. Decent reviews online, very reasonable price...paid about 45 for a box of 20.

Should have known it was gonna be weird when I cut it and the wrapper and the filler were VERY different colors. Definitely a dyed maduro. Very bitter upon lighting, and NEVER EVER EVER got better. I kept hoping, kept giving it the benefit of the doubt. BLEH. Actually lit up the nub of a cigar I had smoked earlier that day to get the taste out of my mouth.

Learned my lesson. You get what you pay for. Dang it. I hate learning that lesson.

Famous 3000 are the exception to the rule, give em a try if you have not allready:tu

Bill86
09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear the reserva real wasn't good, sure it wasn't a dud? LOVE that cigar.

Would also like to add

for now
Graycliff G2
Tat - Red Tubo

I think they were duds....only time will tell.

Bunker
09-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Really?? Was it the maduro version? If so, just goes to show the different tastes. Because I LOVE those!! Never had the natural.

It was the natural (CT?), maybe I just got a bad one but it has turned me off from Torano.

jeepthing
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Tierra del Sol, Gurka Serpia any of the Macanudo

gijoey959
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
My worst was a CAO America, tried it twice, and made it halfway twice vomiting afterwords twice

Needless to say, I was hesitant to try the La Traviata, but glad I did, made up for wasting money on a dog rocket that costs more than some of my favorites

DaBear
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM
CAO La Traviata. Maybe I just got a bad one, but barely made it halfway through the stick before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was no draw with how loose it was, the flavor just tasted harsh and like heat, and the burn wasn't great.

Ratters
09-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Toss up between the Free Cuba and the Drew Estate Egg Maduro. Well, I only dry heaved the Free Cuba, I actually threw up smoking the Egg, so, probably the Egg.

Rocketmann
09-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Anything with the word Camacho on it.

nick2021
09-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Sorry to hear the reserva real wasn't good, sure it wasn't a dud? LOVE that cigar.

Would also like to add

for now
Graycliff G2
Tat - Red Tubo

I think they were duds....only time will tell.

x2 on the Graycliff G2..will also add the Graycliff Espresso PG. Although, I've heard the double espresso is much better

hammondc
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM

The 3000s are pretty decent for yard smokes...

hammondc
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Famous 3000 are the exception to the rule, give em a try if you have not allready:tu

Looks like you beat me to the above comment.

hammondc
09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
The worst I have ever had was a Camacho Havana. The old kind with the red/gold foil type band. So vegetal it was like eating brocolli. Nasty smoke, smelled horrible and probably to worst tunneling ever. Maybe it was a bad one, but I get a bit nauseous thinking about it.

ujponds
09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
CAO La Traviata. Maybe I just got a bad one, but barely made it halfway through the stick before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was no draw with how loose it was, the flavor just tasted harsh and like heat, and the burn wasn't great.

Had to be a dud. These are one of my go to smokes. I have had a few duds, but on the whole I'm a fan.

Yardgnome
09-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Anything Perdomo, I've tried 10-12 of them and they just don't taste good to me.

nayslayer
09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Ha, I like the guy so thought i'd try his smokes and picked up a 4 pack of George Lopez Tonight sticks...at this point, the worst stick i've had, maybe some age will help, who knows

nick2021
10-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Graycliff Espresso PG...had two and didn't care for them. Maybe they needed rest, dunno. It's the only thing holding me back from trying the double espresso.

RevSmoke
10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Ha, I like the guy so thought i'd try his smokes and picked up a 4 pack of George Lopez Tonight sticks...at this point, the worst stick i've had, maybe some age will help, who knows

A comic makes a cigar line --- and you thought it would be good? :confused:

(OK, so it was an attempt at humor.

RevSmoke
10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
TeAmos - have tried them and just don't get it.

e-man67
10-01-2010, 06:43 AM
EP Carrillo Inaugural followed by the EP Carrillo Short Run....the NASTIEST tasting things.....and I thought the Acid Nasty was the worst..WOW these suck!

Ferrari5180
10-01-2010, 07:20 AM
I would have to say Rocky Patel's Cameroon Especial. These things just were not in my alley. Anyhow, if you want to have a goo laugh, check this video out. I saw it the other day and I could not stop laughing.

http://www.stogiereview.com/2007/03/08/equus-limited-ligero/

jbo57
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Macanudo Maduro Tubo

smelvis
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Any Gran habano so far that I have tried.

Ferrari5180
10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Any Gran habano so far that I have tried.

I have smoked the #3, #5 and Factory 2nds and I have liked them all quite a bit.

nick2021
10-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Anything Perdomo, I've tried 10-12 of them and they just don't taste good to me.

Same here, ordered a LOT 23 hoping this can break the curse!

nayslayer
10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
A comic makes a cigar line --- and you thought it would be good? :confused:

(OK, so it was an attempt at humor.

no offence taken

boom
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Gran Habano Sigilo

Emjaysmash
10-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Dang, I would smoke a lot of the aforementioned cigars with a smile on my face! Kinda fun to see what people dislike!

smelvis
10-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I have smoked the #3, #5 and Factory 2nds and I have liked them all quite a bit.

I guess that's why there are like 1400 different types so we can all find different stuff we like.

I have friend that doesn't like opus either so like they say we all smoke what we like and like what we smoke LOL

Happy Smoking !

Dave

Ratters
10-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Dang, I would smoke a lot of the aforementioned cigars with a smile on my face! Kinda fun to see what people dislike!

Ha, I'd like to see you smoke The Egg with a smile on your face! :ss

gijoey959
10-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Ha, I'd like to see you smoke The Egg with a smile on your face! :ss

I actually liked most of the acids I've tried:r i would gladly smoke The Egg and see how long the smile lasted, since the only reviews I've seen are bad, but I wouldn't buy one, too expensive

EricF
10-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Toss up between the Free Cuba and the Drew Estate Egg Maduro. Well, I only dry heaved the Free Cuba, I actually threw up smoking the Egg, so, probably the Egg.

Was it really that bad? I have 2 and I was gonna smoke one on Thanksgiving wekend. Or was it on am empty stomach?

Graycliff Espresso PG...had two and didn't care for them. Maybe they needed rest, dunno. It's the only thing holding me back from trying the double espresso.

I love the espreso series especially the doubles. They are great for my short ride to work. Get yourslf a 5er. you won't be dissapointed and don't pay retail, they aren't worth MSRP. I wait for deals on the Devil Site!

shark
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I still get nauseous whenever I think back to the times I tried Lars Tetens and Acid cigars. Oh, the horror! THE HORROR!!!

Also, Guantanamera. A Cuban cigar, sure, but BLECH!!! :td

forgop
10-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Mine was the 1876 line from CI. I fell for the BS of "This cigar is so good, you'd expect to pay $10 for this $1 cigar" or whatever 3-4 years ago. It was awful.

shark
10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Although I never smoked them, I've heard horror stories about a couple of brands during the cigar boom: Tabantilla and Papayo.

TheDudeAbides
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Felipe Gregorio Icon, I think it was the "Twain". Kind of a nifty band, with all sorts of famous cigar folk on it. The best way i can describe the flavor would be to have ya'll imagine licking the arse of one of those famous racing toads Mark Twain wrote about, just after it had finished a race across a pig pen, rendering plant, hospital waste dump, and an open sewer outside an Indian food restaurant.
I'm a bit of a trooper when it comes to cigars, I hate to throw out what I spent good currency on, but the Felipe Gregorio Icon was more than I could handle.
-Dude

insanebikerboy
10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Had a CAO Italia that I didn't care too much for.

M1903A1
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
The best way i can describe the flavor would be to have ya'll imagine licking the arse of one of those famous racing toads Mark Twain wrote about, just after it had finished a race across a pig pen, rendering plant, hospital waste dump, and an open sewer outside an Indian food restaurant.

:r :r :r

Now THAT'S descriptive!!!!!

longknocker
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I would have to say Rocky Patel's Cameroon Especial. These things just were not in my alley. Anyhow, if you want to have a goo laugh, check this video out. I saw it the other day and I could not stop laughing.

http://www.stogiereview.com/2007/03/08/equus-limited-ligero/

Poor Jerry!:r Love His Reviews!:tu

Ewingrules
10-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Perdomo anything, I just can't get into any cigar in this line.:(

Evonnida
10-10-2010, 12:58 PM
not my picture, but the worst I've had was a Taboo Twist
http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/IMG_1901.jpg
Also up there was a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. That one was my fault though as we were at a party and the cigar was sitting outside in WAY too much humidity. It was wet when I tried to smoke it...

hscmit
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I really didnt like the AB family blend, 90+ rating my ass. Gave it two tries too, just so I could be fair

GTsetGO
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
not my picture, but the worst I've had was a Taboo Twist
http://www.aspiringgentleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/IMG_1901.jpg
Also up there was a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. That one was my fault though as we were at a party and the cigar was sitting outside in WAY too much humidity. It was wet when I tried to smoke it...

all i can say is is wow on the taboo twist. i have thoroughly enjoyed each one i have lit up.

nick2021
10-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I really didnt like the AB family blend, 90+ rating my ass. Gave it two tries too, just so I could be fair

+1...got an AB sampler that just didn't do it for me...plus two of them were plugged...kind've sucked!:td

Bill86
10-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Perdomo anything, I just can't get into any cigar in this line.:(

Yeah none of them are GOOD, they are mediocre at best. I'm trying the champagne one next it's a $7 stick if it doesn't do it for me, nothing perdomo will.

GTsetGO
10-11-2010, 04:37 AM

it's not the worst i have smoke, but it didn't smack me in the face with the "got to have this in my rotation"

jessejava187
10-11-2010, 04:42 AM
lately a nine robusto started good but sucked big time half way

hscmit
10-11-2010, 07:42 AM
^

It wasnt the worst cigar I have ever smoked, I think I had some reasonable expectations of being able to enjoy it, the overwhelming dry cedar taste just was very unpleasent

gijoey959
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
The strangest thing happened the other day, the worst cigar I've had changed from the CAO America to an Oliva Serie V belicoso o_o it was so bad, i couldn't finish it, and the flavors were indescribably bad, but i have had the robustos frequently in the past and loved them, i wonder if it was the way it was stored in the b&m's humidor, but i was sick after 3" of that cigar

ade06
10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
An Acid Blondie hands down!!!

DBall
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
This one here was pretty bad:

Cigar #3

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/dichotomyx/CIMG0402.jpg

This cigar is a f***ing beast. 52 RG, over 6” long. The people I meet with weekly would get a huge kick out of me smoking something so uncharacteristically large…

1st/3rd:

Pre light draw is pretty much too easy… this thing is like a straw. A really, really fat straw. Lighting it and starting out, I’m really not getting anything from this flavor-wise at the very beginning. Just smoke. Blech… at this point I wonder if I’ll even be able to finish this thing. It’s the flavor of burning leaves being sucked through a big, fat straw.

Oh god… this is bad. I swear I just got chlorine, like I accidently got water in my mouth at a YMCA pool.

If it weren’t for the awful flavors that occasionally appear, there would be none.

2nd/3rd:

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/dichotomyx/CIMG0403.jpg

I figure this can’t get much worse, so I decided to pair it with a nice tall cup of bleach. The burning in my gullet and the feeling of corroding esophageal lining and stomach tissue offsets the pungent, acrid smoke this atrocity spews forth.

I am wondering if the Mr. Yuk sticker is on the box this came from. Smoking this makes me feel like Kermit in the “Sad Kermit – Hurt” video (look that up on youtube at your own risk… if you have a truly demented sense of humor, you may laugh quite a bit. I’d almost call it NSFW, but it is a muppet, after all…).

My throat feels like I swallowed a pitchfork. I don’t hate myself enough to finish this.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/dichotomyx/CIMG0404.jpg

Score: -5,452,805,013 out of 10. This should be used as a method of torture… it tastes like unbridled sorrow.

Turned out to be an Illusione Epernay. :D

Ferrari5180
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
El Baton.

I felt like I went to a garbage dump and sucked on the incinerator chimney.

I found those to not be worth the money tbh. They are not awful, but I would not buy them again. As for Gurkha's, I have only tried the Assassins and I like them quite a bit. Now back on topic, the worst cigar I have ever smoked had to be a Rocky Patel - Cameroon Legend Toro. Shame on Rocky :td

cmitch
10-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Like my profile says. I hate 'em! Damn them to cigar hell. Traumatizing. Tasted like an old woman's perfume smells.

auburnfan1980
11-16-2010, 01:01 PM
La Vieja Habana Maduro. Literally tasted like a dog turd...wrapped in maduro.

Thammy
11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Various Guantanemera sticks. Ew.

shilala
11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd like to get this out there again, just to save you guys the pain...
Padilla Miami original blend.
Padilla Achilles could be a close runner up, but although it made me gag, it was technically really well done. If you dig fresh green paint, you'd love it. :tu

chippewastud79
11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Puros Indios green label. Not even sure what its called, but it was absolutely awful :pu

auburnfan1980
11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Puros Indios green label. Not even sure what its called, but it was absolutely awful :pu

:tpd:

jsd
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.

Devanmc
11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
gurhka grand reserve
makers mark red wax glass tube thing.

auburnfan1980
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.

Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine! :ss

cmitch
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
It's a chase down between an Acid Blondie and the Bahia Bleu rot gut that my brother-in-law traumatized me with this spring.

And I agree that Casa Magnas are great sticks. I've not had a bad one yet.

jsd
11-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine! :ss

Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.

auburnfan1980
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.

:tu

thebiglebowski
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...

jkstewart1
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Pirates Gold from CI. I keep trying what I have occasionally as a yard gar, but it doesn't get any better. Gives me a headache. I keep looking for someone who'll smoke anything to give them to.

aich75013
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
El Mejor Emerald.
Part of one of my first purchases from CI.

BloodSpite
11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Thompson Uniques.

I had ordered a box of Alec Bradley Harvest and they sent me a pack of the Thompson Uniques for free. Forget what exactly the deal was.

However without a doubt the worst things I ever had the misfortune to light.

KillerCelt
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Alcazar #5. My friend and I went golfing on my birthday and he gave it to me to smoke (without the caution sticker that is the band). It is important to note that my friend is an ass.

Whynot
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...

One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.

auburnfan1980
11-17-2010, 03:14 PM
One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.

I'm convinced that the Gurkhas found at B&Ms are completely different than the ones whored out online at "83% off MSRP." If I remember correctly, the rep once indicated that it's almost as if Gurkha 'seconds' are what sells online, with their better stuff going to local retailers. I can honestly say that the Gurkhas I've tried from my B&M are FAR better than the ones I've purchased online. They're still overpriced, though.

StocktonJohn
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.

auburnfan1980
11-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.

Good call on the hay. :tpd:

Shemp Howard
11-17-2010, 09:38 PM
My worst so far was some kind of ACID. I think they have one called Nasty, appropriate I'd say.

neoflex
11-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Believe it or not but the worst cigar I have had in a while was the Tat Outlaw. First Tat that I didn't care for and it really shocked me. I fought putting it down but in the end she was put down before her time. Even the aroma from the smoke was unpleasant to me. It could have been a bunk stick as it was my first but I am in no hurry to try another.

CigarInspector
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.

htown
11-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.

Bunker
11-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Carlos Torano Casa Torano. The first cigar I can remember not even getting through the first 1/3 before giving up. Maybe I got a bad one. The Exodus wasn't as bad but it has turned me off of CT.

nick2021
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Carlos Torano Casa Torano. The first cigar I can remember not even getting through the first 1/3 before giving up. Maybe I got a bad one. The Exodus wasn't as bad but it has turned me off of CT.

Mr.Erskine
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Bahia Blu...........

mosesbotbol
11-20-2010, 06:35 AM
JR's "Replica" cigars. They have one that is suppose to taste like a Fuente, etc...

My Lord was that a horrible cigar. I would not let Osama Bin Laden smoke that. How could anyone fancy cigars if they were offered that as cigar?

I'll take a Backwoods Cherut over that.

14holestogie
11-20-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm convinced that the Gurkhas found at B&Ms are completely different than the ones whored out online at "83% off MSRP." If I remember correctly, the rep once indicated that it's almost as if Gurkha 'seconds' are what sells online, with their better stuff going to local retailers. I can honestly say that the Gurkhas I've tried from my B&M are FAR better than the ones I've purchased online. They're still overpriced, though.

Deja vu

the return of a legend? ;)

:r

flybum62
11-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Custa Rey

cort
11-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Deja vu

the return of a legend? ;)

:r

I thought the same thing, Tim:r

nick2021
11-20-2010, 07:37 AM
JR's "Replica" cigars. They have one that is suppose to taste like a Fuente, etc...

My Lord was that a horrible cigar. I would not let Osama Bin Laden smoke that. How could anyone fancy cigars if they were offered that as cigar?

I'll take a Backwoods Cherut over that.

lol wow, I want to try one based just on what you said LOL

Chemyst
11-20-2010, 08:06 AM
PI, not even close.

Runners up:

RP Vibe/Reo
Perdomo Lot 23 nat. (maduros are almost OK)
CAO
many Gurkhas

Chemyst :cool2:

thebiglebowski
11-21-2010, 11:57 AM

i thought it was common knowledge that B&Ms get the better stuff - the onlines get the mediocre? seems like there might have been a thread about this at one time...

guitar4001
11-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Villar y Villar and La Primadora - equally crappy.

Worst hyped cigar IMO - Macanudo Maduro (Hyde Park I think).

CigarSquid
12-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Bringing it back from the dead..

A few I really can't stand..

-5 Vegas(haven't had one I care for yet)
-Final Blend
-Indian Tabac Maduro
-Oliva(Still not one I care for at all!)
-VS(had a huge sampler, 8 inchers, Most were bad. Still sitting in the cooler.. I give those to the bum buddies I have who know no difference.)

DaBear
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Tie for me between Ashton Aged Maduros(licking an ashtray would have tasted better) and Zino Platinum Z Classes(the first inch has more ammonia in it than the bottle my roommate keeps for housecleaning)

Ogre
12-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Gurkha Triple Black!!!!!

Flounder
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
The fact that I've SEVERAL good cigars in this thread, including my all time favorite, saddens me.

But 2:

"Mexican Segundo"
Consuegra

Yick.

Jasonw560
12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
It's been a few years, but I had a Lone Wolf that was God awful.

irratebass
12-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Puros Indios, Gurkha European Selection & "The Brick"

pektel
12-03-2011, 10:47 PM
The worst cigar i've had is a monte purito. Tasted like burnt hair.
Posted via Mobile Device

kingcobradude
12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
macanudo court. had flavors of harsh chemicals, snake venom, diesel fuel, and blown transistors

heavyd
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Room 101 Nakamubi (or whatever they call it). I have 4 left and I'm gonna donate them to the Salvation Army along with my old clothes. Tastes like, um.... smoke.

shilala
12-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Original Release Padilla Miami. Guys absolutely raved on them, and I was a Padilla fanboy at the time.
It was the most disgusting, vile thing I've ever smoked, by a longshot. (And I've smoked a sh1t ton of really bad cigars over the years.)

acruce
12-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Cuba Libre is pretty bad.

CigarSquid
12-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Cuba Libre is pretty bad.

I've seen this a lot in this thread.. I have been curious to try the Cuba Libre One, maybe not now...

Mattso3000
12-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I've seen this a lot in this thread.. I have been curious to try the Cuba Libre One, maybe not now...

The Cuba Libre One has been spoken of fairly highly as a bargain smoke. Never personally had one, but I have had the Cuba Libre...not good, not good at all.

Blak Smyth
12-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Palma Real!

Tasted like a protein bar made from dog vomit. I had to shower afterward, and still felt dirty.

Blak Smyth
12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
The Cuba Libre One has been spoken of fairly highly as a bargain smoke. Never personally had one, but I have had the Cuba Libre...not good, not good at all.

I do rather enjoy the Cuba Libre one. I think it is a pretty good stick. The Cuba Libre is pretty bad though.

Crownedone
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I have forgotten what it was so I can only hope that I never have it again.

maninblack
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Acid Blondie. Nasty sh!t.

Sauer Grapes
12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Original Release Padilla Miami. Guys absolutely raved on them, and I was a Padilla fanboy at the time.
It was the most disgusting, vile thing I've ever smoked, by a longshot. (And I've smoked a sh1t ton of really bad cigars over the years.)

I'm surprised by this. You must have had a bad one.

Sauer Grapes
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
The worst I ever smoked was a Cremosa. It was a blind taste test, and I had some uppity lady sneering at me for smoking a cigar, so I held on longer than I would have otherwise. I would have put it down in less than half an inch had it not been a blind taste test (I wanted to give it a shot due to this).

It was the most disgusting, chemical-tasting, rotten piece of crap that you could imagine ever smoking.