PDA

View Full Version : Fuente Short story

Bill86
08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm posting this because I smoked this cigar today, it was very good, but for some reason it self-ashed twice and completely blew out? I was smoking it, got to about 60% through it when for some reason ...just went out. This has never happened to me before. What gives? :confused:(it was fresh from the B&M I get all my cigars from).

Other than that though, it was a heck of a cigar in fact I bought 3 fuentes today. Going to smoke the other 2 tonight.

longknocker
08-14-2010, 04:15 AM
I'm posting this because I smoked this cigar today, it was very good, but for some reason it self-ashed twice and completely blew out? I was smoking it, got to about 60% through it when for some reason ...just went out. This has never happened to me before. What gives? :confused:(it was fresh from the B&M I get all my cigars from).

Other than that though, it was a heck of a cigar in fact I bought 3 fuentes today. Going to smoke the other 2 tonight.

May Have Been A Little "Wet" If It Was Fresh From The B&M, Bill. I Usually Rest All My Sticks For At Least 1 Week To Get The RH Down Around 64-65.:2:tu

dwoodward
08-14-2010, 07:51 AM
I love me a little short story! :dr

darkleeroy
08-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like it was wet, I had a Padron 1964 like that two days ago. If you notice your B&M's hygrometer, follow the moisture path, and for those cigars that are directly in it's path, take note that they should rest a week or two before you smoke them.

maninblack
08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Never had a problem with these but like others have said, probably a little wet.

sjnovakovich
08-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Short Story is a dynamite cigar. I like all of the Fuentes.

neoflex
08-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Love these in the winter time. My opinion is the same as the others. Next time let it rest a bit. Especially when picking up the shorter smokes.

Bill86
08-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Short Story is a dynamite cigar. I like all of the Fuentes.

Agreed, I smoked another fuentes yesterday and it was great, but again it went out too. They were both in different humidors at the smoke shop but I've decided they are sitting in my humidor for a week so I don't have to deal with the PITA of relighting 2-3 times.