PDA

View Full Version : Rural America rules

JaKaacH
08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Cowboy/Farmer rules for: Arizona , Kansas , Oklahoma , Colorado , New Mexico , Wyoming , Montana , Utah , Idaho and the rest of the Wild West!

1. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head ain't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight: it's called a "gravel road or dirt road." No matter how slow you drive, you're gonna get dust on your Lexus,BMW,Benze,etc. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 Combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. They are cattle. That's why they smell like cattle. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-10 & I-40 go east and west, I-17 & I-35 goes north and south. Pick one and go.

6. Every person in the Wild West waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of geese/pheasants/ducks/doves are comin' in during a hunt, we WILL shoot it outta your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah. We eat trout, salmon, deer and elk. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak, or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup! Oh, yeah ... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati or Chicago call that stuff you eat ... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

13. You bring 'Coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

14. College and High School Football is as important here as the Giants, the Yankees, the Mets, the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

15. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards - it spooks the fish.

16. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers! Refer back to #1!

17. There's only one God and we love him and worship him.

SmokeyJoe
08-13-2010, 11:45 AM
:D Thanks, Jeff.

shilala
08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Amen.

The Poet
08-13-2010, 11:59 AM
That's nice. But maybe we need some Urban Rules too. Let's start with:

1. That's a toolshed. The toilet is inside.

kelmac07
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
:tu :tu

shilala
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd also like to add that a slap in the head is not cause for a lawsuit. We call it a lesson.
A good asskicking is sometimes the perfect tool for arousing an epiphany, as well. :tu

JaKaacH
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM
That's nice. But maybe we need some Urban Rules too. Let's start with:

1. That's a toolshed. The toilet is inside.

The tools are usually inside too!

Subvet642
08-13-2010, 12:04 PM
17. There's only one God and we love him and worship him.

:rlz Sorry, dude.

G G
08-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Love it and a lot of that applies to my hometown.:tu

Texan in Mexico
08-13-2010, 12:05 PM
No 12 made me laugh out loud.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poet
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
The tools are usually inside too!

The tools are normally inside in these parts too . . . but they ain't Craftsmen. ;)

Subvet642
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd also like to add that a slap in the head is not cause for a lawsuit. We call it a lesson.
A good asskicking is sometimes the perfect tool for arousing an epiphany, as well. :tu

Not a lawsuit, a criminal complaint for assault and battery.

The Poet
08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Urban Rule #2. At best, Pizza Hut is only half-right, for it certainly isn't pizza. And Vienna Sausage is wrong on both counts.

jledou
08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
And Vienna Sausage is wrong on both counts.

MMMmmmmmmmm .... MEAT sticks!!!!! :r

BTcigars
08-13-2010, 11:11 PM
A nice set of rules to live by.

The Poet
08-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Urban Rule #3. I don't care what the girl at Penny's said, haute couture is NOT French for "off the rack".

GolfNut
08-14-2010, 10:30 AM
...And Vienna Sausage is wrong on both counts.
Hey, no picking on Vienna Sausages! Perfectly formed little round logs of tender, juicy meat-like substance. I popped a can of Armour at 12:30am this morning while reading this forum! :ss

4WheelVFR
08-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey, no picking on Vienna Sausages! Perfectly formed little round logs of tender, juicy meat-like substance. I popped a can of Armour at 12:30am this morning while reading this forum! :ss

Mmmmmmm......bbq flavored Viennies with those little white mystery specks, and lets not forget potted meat and hormel "ham" patties.:D

The Poet
08-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey, no picking on Vienna Sausages!

Hey, I never said I wouldn't eat them. I simply stated they are not Viennese, and whatever they may be, they are not sausage. :D

GolfNut
08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
and whatever they may be, they are not sausage. :D

Let's not look into that too closely either! :tu Some things, I just don't want to know!

RevSmoke
08-14-2010, 01:57 PM
10. We open doors for women. That's applied to all women, regardless of age.

(this one needs to be expanded a bit)

...or hair color. We will probably open it for anybody, including other men. It's called courtesy, learn some.

wolfandwhisky
08-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Pac NW still sticks to these rules too - well maybe not all of Seattle, but the rest of the region last I was there.

AZ is still doing ok on these rules, although a refresher would probably be helpful.

pektel
08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
the rule about the "opener" is incomplete. At least for us real men in mn. Opener will refer to deer season, fishing season, and duck season. or any other season giving us license to kill and eat delicious wild animals. Don.t expect local businesses to be open during these times. We'd rather be open christmas day than opening day of fishing.

Starscream
08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
the rule about the "opener" is incomplete. At least for us real men in mn. Opener will refer to deer season, fishing season, and duck season. or any other season giving us license to kill and eat delicious wild animals. Don.t expect local businesses to be open during these times. We'd rather be open christmas day than opening day of fishing.

Opening day of fishing? It's year round down here.

Gophernut
08-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Opening day of fishing? It's year round down here.

We have a thing called ice up here! It's designed to protect the fish from being targeted during the spawn since winter can be brutal to some species.
We do have ice fishing though which is nice because you don't need to pack your beer in a cooler.

The Poet
08-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Urban Rule #4: If your briefcase is chained to your wrist, you possess something of value. If your wallet is chained to your belt, you do not.

KenyanSandBoa
08-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Those are great!!:tu