PDA

View Full Version : Cigar International Cigar of the Month Club

AUguy
08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Has anyone here tried this? I am wondering if it is worth it or not. 4 sticks a month for 19.95.

If anyone has tried this, do they send out a good selection or junk?

Thanks

GolfNut
08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
OK, we did the double deal with them. 8 per month for well over a year.

Honestly, it was NOT worth it to us. Yes, it gave us sticks we would not have tried otherwise, but for the overwhelming most part they were really not very good.

You get 1 stick that is of medium quality at best and the rest are basically yard-gars. With the shipping included, you're not saving much if any money on this as you could pick these cigars out yourself and spend basically the same amount.

Maybe once did we come out ahead and that's because the Graycliff they sent is way overpriced to begin with.

I honestly cannot recommend this service unless you are completely new to cigars and just want to try a variety of inexpensive stuff.

Good luck.

NCRadioMan
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
There really are no good "cigar of the month" deals.

:2

14holestogie
08-13-2010, 10:57 AM
There really are no good "cigar of the month" deals.

:2

Yup, you're better off watching Joe's Daily Deal. You then at least have a chance and a choice at a decent cigar, along with free shipping. :2

AUguy
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will just stick to cigar monster and Joe's

maninblack
08-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I asked the same thing here a few months ago. I stayed away because it seems like an easy way for these big cigar warehouses to unload crap that won't sell.

icehog3
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
II stayed away because it seems like an easy way for these big cigar warehouses to unload crap that won't sell.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/bingo.jpg

rostamizadeh
08-13-2010, 04:04 PM
OK, we did the double deal with them. 8 per month for well over a year.

Honestly, it was NOT worth it to us. Yes, it gave us sticks we would not have tried otherwise, but for the overwhelming most part they were really not very good.

You get 1 stick that is of medium quality at best and the rest are basically yard-gars. With the shipping included, you're not saving much if any money on this as you could pick these cigars out yourself and spend basically the same amount.

Maybe once did we come out ahead and that's because the Graycliff they sent is way overpriced to begin with.

I honestly cannot recommend this service unless you are completely new to cigars and just want to try a variety of inexpensive stuff.

Good luck.

Nice review. I've been wondering about the many monthly cigar programs out there. Thanks!

quantim0
08-13-2010, 04:07 PM
My local shop does one that's been good to me so far. Its 21/mo for a year and vie gotten nothing that could be considered garbage in 2 months. It's pretty much been 4 $5 sticks and 1 over $5. This month the top stick was a Berger and Argenti Entubar double corona, $9.50.

Mr B
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree w/ Forrest. I have a friend whose girlfriend got him on C.I.'s C of the Mo club. He shut it down after 3 months. Out of the 3 months he got a RP Decade and the rest were all Dog Rockets.

Chingas
08-13-2010, 05:18 PM
William, there's all sorts of samplers online that I'm pretty sure you were looking into last month. If you just love the once a month cigars in the mail feeling, I'm sure there is a better way...

longknocker
08-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will just stick to cigar monster and Joe's

:tu