PDA

View Full Version : Liga Privada Flying Pig

RightAJ
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Drew Estates came out with the Liga Privada line in the last year or so, one of their few non-flavored lines, which immediately made a splash in the cigar world. One of the special releases in this line was the 'Flying Pig,' a pigtailed 4 1/8 x 60 perfecto which was made in small quantities. I loved this cigar when it first came out last year, and was lucky enough to grab a few. Tonight is a perfect cigar smoking night, and the Flying Pig's leathery, almost black wrapper caught my eye when I went for a smoke. I'm looking forward to seeing what a bit of age has done to this funky little stick!

Smoking outside tonight with some water. Cut is a Palio and lit with matches.

The initial puffs of the Pig have notes of cedar, earth and some dark chocolate, though the overall flavors and body are more medium than I remember. The burn is a bit awkward at the end of the perfecto though soon straightened out, and the draw is spot on. As I move towards the second third, the flavors open up a bit more as the complexity bumps up a notch and some spice starts up. Later on, the spice picks up with some rich, complex, earthy flavors, and more sweet/bitter chocolate. The construction remained fantastic throughout, and I would rate this stick a solid 91. I think the humidor time really made these great instead of just good, and I am happy I still have a few left. Definitely grab a few if you're able!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4886560517_781d994acd_z.jpg
aj

kelmac07
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice review AJ...these are yummy!!! :tu :tu

MedicCook
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the review AJ.

Chingas
08-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the review. Grab a few if you can? You do realize they are impossible to get, right?

STEVE S
08-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the review, I like the Liga Privada line but have not been able to try the
Flying Pig yet.

bigliver
08-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the review. Grab a few if you can? You do realize they are impossible to get, right?

Thanks for the review. Impossible is right. I have looked everywhere with no luck.

Ogre
12-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I just grabbed one of these, will post when smoked. Awesome looking and great smell

Ranger_B
12-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah I have all but given up on these. I have gotten so far as having them in my shopping cart and then check out to see out of stock. Doh!!! got to love when that happens. I enjoy living vicariously through your review.

lyle23
12-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I had the t52 piggy over the weekend, and what a great little stick. I too had given up on finding one and was pleasantly surprised when i walked into a local shop and saw a box of them on the shelf. In hind sight i shoulda bought the whole box, but had already placed an order elsewhere. Damn you Christmas shopping

longknocker
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I Know The Shape Is Different, But Is The Taste That Different From The Liga #9? Great Review, AJ!:tu

Chingas
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I had the t52 piggy over the weekend, and what a great little stick. I too had given up on finding one and was pleasantly surprised when i walked into a local shop and saw a box of them on the shelf. In hind sight i shoulda bought the whole box, but had already placed an order elsewhere. Damn you Christmas shopping

Don't worry Lyle. I got a box for those rainy days...:tu

Ahbroody
12-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Had one tonight and it didnt do it for me. Definetly prefer the dirty rat.

T.G
12-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I Know The Shape Is Different, But Is The Taste That Different From The Liga #9? Great Review, AJ!:tu

I feel that the same flavors can be found in both the "regular" No. 9 and the FP No.9, but the prominence of the flavors is different. The FP is much richer and smoother, heavier and not quite as earthy, due to both the different RG and the tweaked blend.

longknocker
12-07-2010, 05:42 AM
I feel that the same flavors can be found in both the "regular" No. 9 and the FP No.9, but the prominence of the flavors is different. The FP is much richer and smoother, heavier and not quite as earthy, due to both the different RG and the tweaked blend.

Thanks, Adam!:D:tu

DonAustin
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Thansk for the review, I love Drew Estate's Liga Privada cigars, I havent had one of these yet so I'm gonna try and find one now and give it a try. Thanks Again :tu

Ogre
12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I just finished a Flying Pig. It was a good cigar, strong flavor and easy draw. It would be in my top 10. Dont know if I would buy another (not that it is not worth it). There are just a few I would rather spend the same money on. Just glad I was able to find one to try.

Chingas
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I just finished a Flying Pig. It was a good cigar, strong flavor and easy draw. It would be in my top 10. Dont know if I would buy another (not that it is not worth it). There are just a few I would rather spend the same money on. Just glad I was able to find one to try.

Was it the 9 or the 52 Larry?

Ogre
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Was it the 9 or the 52 Larry?

It was the 52. Maybe it just needed a little more time on it.

Chingas
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
It was the 52. Maybe it just needed a little more time on it.

Hard to say. I had a few puffs off a 52 the other night and it was very good. Very smooth. Not harsh or over spicy at all. That was after smoking 3 or 4 cigars prior so my buds could have been shot to hell as well.

KillerCelt
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Now if only I could find one. I think I would like it from the reviews, but you never know.

KenyanSandBoa
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Had one tonight and it didnt do it for me. Definetly prefer the dirty rat.

:tpd: I've had the No. 9 and more recently the T52 and there's just something about them that I didn't like...I just don't think that vitola is for me.

I had a Dirty Rat after the T52 and LOVED it...what a great smoke.

Adriftpanda
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
T52 Flying Pig might have been the worst LP smoked ever.