PDA

View Full Version : Cigarillos?

pektel
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone smoke these? I was thinking about picking up some for a music festival I'm going to in a couple weeks. I don't know if I want to buy a herfidor and bring full size smokes, because we'll be in tents in summer. Don't imagine anything good happening to smokes when it's 85 degrees over 3 days. Well, that and I'm kicking myself for not buying that humidor for $15 a couple days ago from CI.

So, trying to think of some options to enjoy smoking while there. I don't partake in the other herbs the guys there will be smoking.

And I guess, it's just a question about cigarillos in general. Don't know if they are worth it for a quick smoke. Sometimes I don't have an hour when I want to smoke.

Thanks in advance, guys. :tu

Subvet642
08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
If you mean small, tinned, machine made sticks; yeah, I sometimes bring them along to places that I can't bring full sized smokes. Damned near everybody makes them, so I'm sure you can find some that you like. :tu

J0eybb
08-09-2010, 12:40 PM
there are some 10 cigar humis on the devil site right now.

the MacDonald
08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I am a fan of cigarillos; they are very convenient in a lot of ways. I also think that a lot them are comparable to their big brothers as far the quality of tobacco that goes into them.

Your "situation" of wanting to smoke something other than tradition at a musicfest is exactly why I started smoking a pipe. Pipe smoking is a little tricky at first, but there is something to strutting around with a noble briar while the rest of the crowd is huddled around some plastic contraption, or wad of twisted up paper

pektel
08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
there are some 10 cigar humis on the devil site right now.

That place will be the death of me if I ever join.

pektel
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
If you mean small, tinned, machine made sticks; yeah, I sometimes bring them along to places that I can't bring full sized smokes. Damned near everybody makes them, so I'm sure you can find some that you like. :tu

Care to mention a favorite or 2? Montes? Cohiba red dot? Or, if there's any to stay away from at all costs...

darkleeroy
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Care to mention a favorite or 2? Montes? Cohiba red dot? Or, if there's any to stay away from at all costs...

I've had the Padron, Camacho, and CAO Brazilia Cigarillos. The Padron and Brazilia's lasted a good 20-30 minutes. I didn't like the Camacho's much. Overall, they're just hotter mini-cigars.

Subvet642
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM

What have you smoked that you like? Chances are, they make tinned sticks too.

neoflex
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Forget the tins, grab yourself the box of 5 Cuchillos Cubanos. They have a few different sizes but a bit larger than your typical Cigarillo. Plus they are a pretty damn good stick. Which reminds me that I need to pick some more up.
http://www.newhavanacigars.com/Cuchillos_Cubanos_Cigars_at_NewHavanaCigars_com_s/68.htm

CigarNut
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I like the Padron Corticos Maduro.

On the otherhand, I would still bring my small cigar caddy with me, even with the high temps. I would keep it out of the sun and as cool as I could. I like to have my full-size cigars with me so I can have whatever suits my mood.

I have never had any problems with sticks going bad, or beetles during short trips.

Note that if I did not finish the sticks in my caddy I would NOT put them back in my humidor. They are always the first smoked when I get back -- although it's rare for me to return with any leftover sticks :D

Tredegar
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
CAO MX2 Daggers: full flavored and quite tasty.

Con Lino Habanitos: More of a cigarette in size but using short fillers from other Don Lino cigars. Very good.

pektel
08-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Keep em comin! Those MX2 daggers sound tasty to bring with.

I would like to bring full sized smokes as well if I can, so that 5 pack was a great suggestion too.

dwoodward
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I have a box of Alta Gracia Cigarillos in my humidor. They are about the size of a cigarette and smoke in about 10 minutes. They are pretty tasty, but get boring quick since the flavor is the same for all of them lol.

They are 20 dollars for a box of 50...

warren G.
08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Forget the tins, grab yourself the box of 5 Cuchillos Cubanos. They have a few different sizes but a bit larger than your typical Cigarillo. Plus they are a pretty damn good stick. Which reminds me that I need to pick some more up.
http://www.newhavanacigars.com/Cuchillos_Cubanos_Cigars_at_NewHavanaCigars_com_s/68.htm

My favorite B&M owner insist I should try them. I might pick up a 5 pack this Wed/Thursday.

mosesbotbol
08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
The puritos and minis from Havana are excellent. Very flavorful and rich. They really hit the spot, but can get very hot & acrid easily. Be careful and enjoy.

floydpink
08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
The puritos and minis from Havana are excellent. Very flavorful and rich. They really hit the spot, but can get very hot & acrid easily. Be careful and enjoy.

Definitely better than the NC puritos in my opinion.
The Monte Puritos and Partagas Chicos are my favorite of all of them.

pnoon
08-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Definitely better than the NC puritos in my opinion.
The Monte Puritos and Partagas Chicos are my favorite of all of them.

Yessirree!

brigey57
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Some of the machine made cigars are not as good as their full grown counterpart. Overall I find one that I like and buy them for the humi. I sometimes smoke them when I don't have enough time to smoke the full size 'gar.

I can take them on occasion but I don't smoke them on a regular basis.

Enjoy what you got when you can get 'em.

I've had the Padron, Camacho, and CAO Brazilia Cigarillos. The Padron and Brazilia's lasted a good 20-30 minutes. I didn't like the Camacho's much. Overall, they're just hotter mini-cigars.

whodeeni
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM

I found a B&M here that sells the singles for 3.00 a piece John!:tu
is that comparable w/ box prices?

AUguy
08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I just got some Petite Tatuajes in today. I have have heard that they are a good smoke if you only have 30 minutes or less to kill. I'm gonna let mine sit for a week or so before I try them. I will try and post a short review here for you.

SSDVC
08-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I like the Denobili Toscani's when a full stick is not for me (like when it is 90 degrees and 90% humidity out there). When they age for a while, I like them a lot. Finding them in a local B&M has proved impossible.