PDA

View Full Version : Cigars Getting Scuffed

ValorBali41
08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
My cigars in my humidor are getting "scuffed" I guess you can call it. The foot of the cigar has little flakes of the wrapper missing, maybe the size of a point on a pen. I move my desktop humidor around a lot in the house, so is it because I handle the humi a lot, that the cigars rub up against the humi wall?

Any ideas as to why this is happening? :confused:

Also on a side note, I have also had issues with the bands coming off some sticks, (Maybe 2 for the 30 I have).

Emjaysmash
08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
The sticks are moving around too much, IMHO. I had this problem with my CCs and had to store them in separate boxes so I wouldn't move them around too much looking for other cigars.

J0eybb
08-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Are you playing hide and go seek with your cigars?

NCRadioMan
08-09-2010, 10:31 AM
My cigars in my humidor are getting "scuffed" I guess you can call it. The foot of the cigar has little flakes of the wrapper missing, maybe the size of a point on a pen. I move my desktop humidor around a lot in the house, so is it because I handle the humi a lot, that the cigars rub up against the humi wall?

Any ideas as to why this is happening? :confused:

Also on a side note, I have also had issues with the bands coming off some sticks, (Maybe 2 for the 30 I have).

Yep, you answered your question. That is why cello is used to prevent wrapper damage by the cigars moving around and rubbing against each other and the container they are in.

As far the bands, are they coming unglued or loose enough to slide off?

ValorBali41
08-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Are you playing hide and go seek with your cigars?

No I just move the humidor from upstairs to downstairs a lot depending on how many windows I leave open, and the humidity in the house.

The most movement of the sticks comes from me looking through them to see what I have and what I don't

ValorBali41
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
As far the bands, are they coming unglued or loose enough to slide off?

They are coming unglued mostly

NCRadioMan
08-09-2010, 10:49 AM
They are coming unglued mostly

Then that's from the factory. Sometimes they don't use enough glue to keep them on. I have few like that.

OLS
08-09-2010, 11:01 AM
nicks like that have no effect on the smoking experience whatsoever and are strictly cosmetically damaged.
They can of course be split and have bigger flakes at times and these have a little worse impact on the
smoking. But I think you are OK in this instance. And although I am no expert, I prefer to leave
the cello on, at least I did when cello came on my cigars. It breathes somewhat.

Volt
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Cigar tetris can be deadly to the feet. They still smoke fine, but because some folks put a lot into the looks of a stick I don't bomb those. I get to smoke them :)

No I just move the humidor from upstairs to downstairs a lot depending on how many windows I leave open, and the humidity in the house.

The most movement of the sticks comes from me looking through them to see what I have and what I don't

ValorBali41
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys!