PDA

View Full Version : Cubao #3 Lancero

renton20
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
So at this moment I am about halfway through this cigar. It is a very good representation of the classic pepin spice, but there is quite a bit more to this cigar than just spice. 1st off I would say pepper followed by some woodyness and some sweetness and nuts through the nose.

While this cigar never did any 180s flavorwise like some of my favorites, it was still quite a complex cigar. The nuttiness came and left several times through the smoke, but the real changes came from the spice. The pepper started off very strong, dissipated like in most of pepin's offerings, and came back and forth several more times.

Right now I enjoy the stuff that pepin does for EO more than I like his work with either Ashton or Pete Johnson, save for the tat black. I just smoked a 601 blue torpedo yesterday that was phenomenal as well. Lanceros are probably my favorite format and this cigar was no exception. There was a very minor draw problem about three inches in which was fixed by a quick tough up with my ronson lighter. I would say that this is on the fuller side of medium. I paired this with a mexicoke that really complimented the flavors of both.

All in all, I would give this a solid 8.5 Not really something that I'm going to go buy a box of, but I would like to have a fiver or two around. I am also definitely going to pick up the other sizes of this line. If they are comparable at all to this cigar, pepin has another hit on his hands.

NickyTeen
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice Review.:tu I love the Cubao and the 601s. Just got a box of the Cubao #6 and a 5er of the #1. The Pepin El Centurion is also very good. Thanks for your review.

ScottishSmoker
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
The Cubao #1 is my absolute go to as of late.....next time you pick up a larger Cubao vitola, before cutting it, lick the cap and rub it across your lips...a nice numbing sensation....

bobarian
11-06-2008, 12:18 AM
The first lancero I had was a dud. But I tried a second one and it was much better. Kinda spendy out here with our crazy taxes, but a very nice smoke. :ss

duckmanco
11-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Great new smoke, without a doubt. Its nice when a manufacturer releases a new line that's a bit more affordable, without losing any quality. Haven't tried the lancero, but thank you for the review!

cboor001
11-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I really enjoy the #3's, I will be picking up some of the other vitolas and seeing if they are as good. Very nice smoke in the lancero.

TOB9595
11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Do pick up a lancero. I tried one and promptly bought a box of 36.
It is a stick I want to have around for when I want it or to introduce folks to a great taste..

right on review!
Thank you
Tom

tenbaseg
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
The Cubao #1 is my absolute go to as of late.....next time you pick up a larger Cubao vitola, before cutting it, lick the cap and rub it across your lips...a nice numbing sensation....

wow, that wasn't just me! I had the tingle from the #6 that u had last week.

These are solid smokes from EO and Pepin. I have the #1 resting for a warm weather day.

To the OP, thanks for the review.

elderboy02
04-17-2009, 07:38 PM
I just had one of these and it was amazing. Woodsy throughout with slight bit of spice or pepper. :dr

shvictor
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I love these. Thanks for the review