PDA

View Full Version : Mints!

burns
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a newb, and the only thing I don't like about my new hobby is the stale after-taste I get the following morning after smoking a cigar.

Does anyone have a recommendation for mints or gum that do a particularly good job of eradicating that after-taste? I know there is a specific cigar mint (Henry Clay) which I am going to try, but I'm looking for other suggestions as well.

Regards,

Burns

replicant_argent
08-05-2010, 01:29 PM
try a tongue scraper and some good mouthwash. I use some blue Crest alcohol
free mouth rinse stuff and it seems to help. When you use a tongue scraper for the first time or two you will have an idea of why your mouth feels foul.......

Volt
08-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Lemonade, or most any citrus will work. A few B&M sells mints and stuff specifically for smokers, I'll look around.

Ogre
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I use Dentine mint gum. No problems here.

BradNC
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Breath Rx

T.G
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Have another cigar.

nomadicwookie
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Have another cigar.

:r Is it possible to subscribe to your posts? You slay me.

MajorCaptSilly
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Smart Mouth breath rinse is my goto cigar breath eraser. It even passes the wife test.

MCS

darkleeroy
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
TG's right though, fresh cigar breath > stale cigar breath

Brutus2600
08-05-2010, 03:00 PM
If you're looking to avoid the nasty "cat-sh*t in my mouth" feeling the next morning, there's two things that will help you out more than anything else.

1) Eat something after your cigar
2) Brush your teeth, scrape your tongue, and use mouthwash.

Doing this after I smoke a cigar usually curbs the morning after feeling, but you'll still know you smoked a cigar. I think a lot of newer smokers might not know how much eating something helps, especially if you smoke most of your cigars in the evening after a meal. There used to be a mouthwash that you could swallow and it worked really well to completely eradicate any cigar breath, but the company went out of business. I haven't tried the Smart Breath, but I should pick that up on your suggestion...the GF hates my cigar breath even after a brushing and mouthwash...she says it just tastes like minty smoke :r

stewshi
08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
If you're looking to avoid the nasty "cat-sh*t in my mouth" feeling the next morning, there's two things that will help you out more than anything else.

Doing this after I smoke a cigar usually curbs the morning after feeling, but you'll still know you smoked a cigar. I think a lot of newer smokers might not know how much eating something helps, especially if you smoke most of your cigars in the evening after a meal. There used to be a mouthwash that you could swallow and it worked really well to completely eradicate any cigar breath, but the company went out of business. I haven't tried the Smart Breath, but I should pick that up on your suggestion...the GF hates my cigar breath even after a brushing and mouthwash...she says it just tastes like minty smoke :r

:tpd:

I usually eat anything then brush it helps. :tu

CasaDooley
08-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Have another cigar.

:tpd: Winner!

Big_Ern
08-06-2010, 06:09 AM
it sounds weird but eat a banana. the wife says my cigar breath goes away after I eat one. maybe shes secretly trying to get me to eat healthy hmmmm :=:

KenyanSandBoa
08-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Smart Mouth breath rinse is my goto cigar breath eraser. It even passes the wife test.

MCS

:tpd:...for both of these. If it's really late, and I don't want to eat, Smarth Mouth is the way o go. Other than that, eating something and then brushing helps too.

DougBushBC
08-06-2010, 08:05 AM
S.M.R.T. Mouth FTW. My Fiance says that even though I still taste smokey the night of, its gone the next morning, and my mouth feels that way too.

The tongue scraper is my next move, I haven't used one yet, but wish I had.

d'am
08-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I have to agree with all of the toothbrush suggestions. Hey, you need to brush anyway, right? Just make sure that you brush your tongue as well. It sounds stupid, but it really helps.

NCRadioMan
08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Dr. Nick's breath purifier. They even have a booth at the IPCPR.

Or, have a little something to eat afterward.

Montano
08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Bourbon

BTcigars
08-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Dark chocolate, 70% is good. It will cleanse your palate then brush your teeth after a few minutes.

GolfNut
08-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Cucumber...seriously, try it sometime. Works flippin great!

As far as mints go, Eclipse are the ones Mrs. Nut and I use. Both regular and the cinnamon ones. Potent little devils.

Bill86
08-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Bourbon

We have a winner DING DING DING. God nothing smells better. :tu

That or I just drink a beer. Smoke a cig, it's all good.