PDA

View Full Version : Thank gawd it's over smoke

markem
11-05-2008, 02:45 PM
As a step toward unity, I invite all lovers of the leaf to join me in a "at least the campaigning is over for a while" smoke.

Whether your candidates/issues won or lost, I think that I speak for a majority when I say that I'm glad it is over.

I'm having a '99 Party 898V. You?

theycallmedan'lboone
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto.

mrreindeer
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.cigaroutcast.com/forum/images/smilies/goodpost.gif

and sentiment

well, I just found out that a sealed tupperdor I had sitting in the Vino came down with the Beetles and I ain't talkin' 'bout the band so I removed the culprit cigar, stuck it separately in the deep freeze, put the rest still in the tupperware also into the deep freeze and kept one out to burn tonight.....

snap, crackle, pop goes the Punch Rare Corojo Robusto

Da Klugs
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Watched it all last night. Excellent concession speech. More of what we saw there during the campaign and the results might have been different.

Acceptance speech was, as always from our new president, outstanding. Lots to like about the man. Hope that he softens a few positions, and moves more to the middle, now that it's governance of all vs election by just over half time.

What are the poor comedians gonna do though? Suppose they will be looking for "federal assistance". :D

Had a party short at 11:00 in preparation for having a bit less in the future. :D

markem
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
What are the poor comedians gonna do though? Suppose they will be looking for "federal assistance". :D

Are you kidding? I'm taping the Daily Show and Colbert to see the skewering the dems are in for.

Sauer Grapes
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Are you kidding? I'm taping the Daily Show and Colbert to see the skewering the dems are in for.

Maybe Colbert since he does do a decent job of making fun of both sides, but the Daily Show has been all for the left for a while. He "tries" to make fun of both sides but makes it much more personal and virulent against the right.

Darrell
11-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm having a '99 Party 898V. You?

I'll join you by having an 07 Choix Supreme. :ss

MithShrike
11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
V Maduro after some lemon grass chicken.

Genetic Defect
11-05-2008, 04:43 PM
01 VR Classico

MTB996
11-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Agreed. Not thrilled with the outcome, but overjoyed the BS campaigning is over!

Opusfxd
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Big hug everyone, time to move on and have a Trini Fundadores tonight.

Genetic Defect
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Big hug everyone, time to move on and have a Trini Fundadores tonight.

can it wait till I order some?

Ashcan Bill
11-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Can't say I'm either happy or unhappy with the results. I was pretty neutral (or was it apathetic?) about the candidates. Just another hold-your-nose-and-vote-for-the-lesser-evil election for me. I was a lot more interested in the local measures and candidates.

But I'm absolutely ecstatic it's over. :tu I feel like we all just went through a two year long root canal. Minus the anesthetic.

Think I'll celebrate with a Dip 4. Too darn cold and windy outside for anything bigger.

ucla695
11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm thrilled I don't have to see any more political commercials for a while!! :dance:

I'll celebrate this weekend with an MC4! :dr

Scottw
11-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Raining out so no 'gars for me!

Joan
11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.cigaroutcast.com/forum/images/smilies/goodpost.gif

and sentiment

well, I just found out that a sealed tupperdor I had sitting in the Vino came down with the Beetles and I ain't talkin' 'bout the band so I removed the culprit cigar, stuck it separately in the deep freeze, put the rest still in the tupperware also into the deep freeze and kept one out to burn tonight.....

snap, crackle, pop goes the Punch Rare Corojo Robusto

Eeeeek! :r

About a quarter left on this CL3, then it's a Taboo HSG.

SO happy I can clear the political filters out of my gmail lists now. YESSSS!

Scottw
11-05-2008, 07:18 PM
V Maduro after some lemon grass chicken.

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm...........lemongrass chicken. I'll PM you my addy, just send the leftovers. :D