PDA

View Full Version : My truck gets to go on vacation...

fhrblig
07-22-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=578&pictureid=4431
...but I don't. My mother and stepfather are about to head out to their cabin on a lake in the U.P., and they asked me if they could borrow my Ranger to get there. The only car they have that could make the trip is their little 3-door Hyundai Accent and while it'd get great mileage, it doesn't have a/c; also, they are going to be putting a new roof on the cabin while they are there, and they have to cart up a bunch of tools with them. And their black Lab Sam is going too. Not all of it will fit in there.

I didn't think it was the best idea because my Ranger is just a single cab; by the time they get there, they'll be really glad to get out of it. I told them yes, but I brought it down to them and made them sit inside it so they could decide if it was a good idea. They do fit, but it's going to be cramped for sure. My stepfather is 6'-6", and while Sam is runty for a Lab, she's still pretty big. Glad I don't have to ride with them.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the vacation time and financial situation work for me to go. :td My mom has owned that cabin with her sisters since around 1980, and we've been there many times over the years. The screened in patio over the shed is the best place to sit with some coffee and watch the sun rise over the lake. I would love to be there for the next two weeks, and I don't even fish. Instead, I'll be here in the 90-100 degree heat driving an Accent with no a/c.

OLS
07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
that's alright dude, I hear the UP sux.

E-Tx Surveyor
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Kudos for letting them borrow your truck, I'm sure they greatly appreciate it.

What is U.P?

fhrblig
07-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Kudos for letting them borrow your truck, I'm sure they greatly appreciate it.

What is U.P?

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Thanks, and I know they'll DEFINITELY appreciate the A/C.