PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with this wine cooler or seller?

Azaelius
07-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm in the market for a wine cooler... ASAP. Been checking craigslist and fleabay all the time, but to no real avail. However, I did find this little gem (or what I hope to be) for a rather nice price! Now, I know its not huge, but I have about a $200 limit in all (that's most likely INCLUDING Chasi-drawers) unfortunately.

This is the fleabay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170516082836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I like that the controls are all up front, and the seller has a decent feedback rating, but I don't wanna shell out $110 for a POS.

I'd love an 18 or even 28 bottle model, but I realistically can't find one around the $100-120 range, and with drawers, this one really has quite a large capacity. probably around the 400 count range, and that's a realistically sized cigar count

So, I'd be grateful for everyone's input! Thanks so much!
Also, in the meantime I'm also putting up a WTB thread about a vino or wine coolidor.

:ss:tu

dwoodward
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Never heard of the brand nor the seller. But the seller has 99%+ positive feedback so he can't be all that bad. As for the brand no idea. But it looks good to me. I would take some other feedback from other members first tho.

bobarian
07-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Too small IMHO. You are better off getting a 48qt cooler from WalMart. By the time you add 3-4 drawers at $30/ea, you are well over $200 and you still need beads. If you are worried about temps just freeze everything for 3-4 days then put them in the cooler. :2 Most domestic distributors already freeze their cigars at the factory or after they enter the country.

Azaelius
07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Too small IMHO. You are better off getting a 48qt cooler from WalMart. By the time you add 3-4 drawers at $30/ea, you are well over $200 and you still need beads. If you are worried about temps just freeze everything for 3-4 days then put them in the cooler. :2 Most domestic distributors already freeze their cigars at the factory or after they enter the country.

A cooler is an option, but I have little storage space for something as large as that, and I buy a LOT of 5-ers and singles/samplers, and pretty much no boxes, so a cooler isn't practical for me yet, though I know about using tupperware and whatnot in lieu of drawers.

Really and truly, I'd like something nice-looking and fancy as well as functional, and the artist in me almost detests the thought of coolers. I know, I know, terrible and impractical thinking, and certainly a little snobby, but I can't get past it. For me, large capacity means either cabinet, wineador or walk-in :D

stewshi
07-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Have you tried Craigslist in your area?

Azaelius
07-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Have you tried Craigslist in your area?

Yeah, quite a bit. There's barely any for a reasonable price, and they're always too far away from me (we're talking 100 mi here)

Ogre
07-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Cost too high. I got a 34 bottle off of Craigs list for $60.00

Also keep watching dept stores, scratch and dent section. Have seen some good deals that way.
Here in Orlando, there is a store that all they sell is scratch and dent. Could not hurt to look.

E-Tx Surveyor
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Cost too high. I got a 34 bottle off of Craigs list for $60.00

Also keep watching dept stores, scratch and dent section. Have seen some good deals that way.
Here in Orlando, there is a store that all they sell is scratch and dent. Could not hurt to look.

I'll echo this. I was at Home Depot looking for a some random BS and ran across their damaged or returned section, they had a large vino for $85.00. It had a small dent in the side and a scratch on the glass I wouldn't have noticed if they hadn't circled it with a sharpie.

Stay vigilant on the hunt, there is always a better deal, but can you wait long enough.
:=:

Brad
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
A cooler is an option, but I have little storage space for something as large as that, and I buy a LOT of 5-ers and singles/samplers, and pretty much no boxes, so a cooler isn't practical for me yet, though I know about using tupperware and whatnot in lieu of drawers.

Really and truly, I'd like something nice-looking and fancy as well as functional, and the artist in me almost detests the thought of coolers. I know, I know, terrible and impractical thinking, and certainly a little snobby, but I can't get past it. For me, large capacity means either cabinet, wineador or walk-in :D

They make many sizes of coolers, you don't need to get a gigantic one.

mukky
07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
They make many sizes of coolers, you don't need to get a gigantic one.

but you might as well;)

Chingas
07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
To be completely honest with you, I've been and still am in the world of temporary solutions. Here's a pennies worth. Go with the impratical and inconvenient igloo for now. Throw some sticks you wanna age at the bottom.

Save up some extra dough. And when your budget triples go for what you really want. An upgrade to an upgrade to am upgrade just costs more and more and more.

There's no rush here except the need for a temp storage solution. Go cheap now so you can do it right later.

mukky
07-22-2010, 10:23 PM
To be completely honest with you, I've been and still am in the world of temporary solutions. Here's a pennies worth. Go with the impratical and inconvenient igloo for now. Throw some sticks you wanna age at the bottom.

Save up some extra dough. And when your budget triples go for what you really want. An upgrade to an upgrade to am upgrade just costs more and more and more.

There's no rush here except the need for a temp storage solution. Go cheap now so you can do it right later.

I agree 100%

Azaelius
07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
HA! just found a 28 bottle for about $100 on the craig. Haven't gotten a response yet, but we'll see how things pan out.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Chingas
07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
HA! just found a 28 bottle for about $100 on the craig. Haven't gotten a response yet, but we'll see how things pan out.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Best of luck brother...Baja drive, my old stomping grounds!