PDA

View Full Version : Gurkha Ad on the Radio

Gophernut
07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Heard a radio ad for Gurkha 789 Series cigars today. Don't remember ever hearing an ad for a cigar before. Leave it to Gurkha to do that. They named a couple of local B&M's that were selling premium cigars for under $10 per, so maybe they were responsible for the ad, but at the end, they rattled off a Gurkha website so I have to think that Gurkha was responsible for it.:confused:

Goldie
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
When your product sucks so hardcore, you have to get creative with the advertising I suppose.

bvilchez
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
When your product sucks so hardcore, you have to get creative with the advertising I suppose.

:tpd:...but don't tell that to Bobby...he'll have a fit!!!!

Ogre
07-21-2010, 10:58 AM

It all doesnt suck hardcore........................... some just suck!!!!!:r

pnoon
07-21-2010, 11:00 AM
:tpd:...but don't tell that to Bobby...he'll have a fit!!!!

So? :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

thebiglebowski
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
isn't it about time for him to have a fit? ;)

bvilchez
07-21-2010, 11:52 AM
So? :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

You know how Bobby is with his Gurkhas......he practically swears by them

the MacDonald
07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
A radio ad campiagn for a luxuary, ultra exclusive, worth more that it's weight in gold cigar MSRP sort of erodes the mystique.

I am man enough to admit that I smoked the regular red label perfectos and thought they were a solid smoke, but but I also smoked their Master Blends and it seems the more vaulted the title they give them, the worse they are.

JohnE1000
07-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Gurkha ....hum

E-Tx Surveyor
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
They're marketing campaign works, as a new smoker I was intrigued by Gurkha's and bought several, and thought a few of them were good smokes.

I believe they are not only trying to market to new smokers but also to the elitist types. Their is so much marketing saying they are super premium cigars that are only suited for the most avid cigar smoker when you say you enjoy a Gurkha everyday you sound important and all knowing to the people that have no clue.

Like I said though, I've enjoyed a few of them and I believe their campaign works. I was told once before to "Smoke what you enjoy, and enjoy what you smoke." I think that fits here as well.

:2

The Poet
07-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I've heard a few radiddy-o ads for Punch before too.

Chingas
07-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm staying out of this one.

Wait, I just put myself in!

weak_link
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Famous Smoke Shop is advertising on Sirius/XM too.

BlackDog
07-25-2010, 11:56 AM
A local shop here in the Mpls suburbs has been doing some co-advertising with Ghurka for a while now, at least since the Holiday season. I guess if it get people into the B&M to spend some money, it's good, but as has been said, there are better values for the money.