PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it!

neoflex
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
No really, it must be the pregnancy hormones. So I have an end table type cabinet humidor that I bought a few years ago figuring it would be the end all be all and would be plenty of space for my needs. Well as the story always goes it seems the more storage space you have the more you buy even though you have enough smokes to last you a year or so minimum. So the 300 ct humi I had and was still using as a Quarantine eventually picked up normal storage duties. So I re-seasoned the other display humidor I had to pick up the Quarantine slack. Well that eventually became full and this past weekend after another box purchase I had to borrow the biggest piece of tupperware my wife had so I could have the box sit in proper storage along with a bunch of singles I recently picked up. (Its a damn sickness I tell you) So since this weekend my wife has literally been hounding me to get a large tower type cabinet. So much so that she even just e-mailed me links to ones that she found online that she liked. I am almost in disbelief thinking I must be dreaming. This is the same woman who would roll her eyes a few years ago every time smokes showed up. She says my collection of humidors looks ugly and one big one would look much better especially in the dining room. So whats a guy to do? I guess I need to bite the bullet and start shopping for a tower. :r:D I can't wait to see her reaction when I eventually get one and grow out of it. I think with that she may just trade me in for the non cigar smoking model.:D She does have to realize by having me get a tower she is only feeding into the sickness.:tu

bvilchez
07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm telling you....we love our women for a reason.

Picking out cabinets for our cigars is one of them.

icehog3
07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Sounds like an excellent "problem" to have, John. :) :tu

bsmokin
07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
You are a lucky, lucky man ;)

HK3-
07-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I can see the glow on your face from here! You lucky dog! :tu

Col. Kurtz
07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey, while you're at it, show her some Aristocrats.

CigarNut
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
...So since this weekend my wife has literally been hounding me to get a large tower type cabinet. So much so that she even just e-mailed me links to ones that she found online that she liked. I am almost in disbelief thinking I must be dreaming. This is the same woman who would roll her eyes a few years ago every time smokes showed up. She says my collection of humidors looks ugly and one big one would look much better especially in the dining room. So whats a guy to do? I guess I need to bite the bullet and start shopping for a tower. :r:D I can't wait to see her reaction when I eventually get one and grow out of it. I think with that she may just trade me in for the non cigar smoking model.:D She does have to realize by having me get a tower she is only feeding into the sickness.:tu

It could be that she is just setting the hook in deeper before she starts reeling.... :)

bigswol2
07-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Cut out the middle build a walk-in

BC-Axeman
07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Cut out the middle build a walk-in
Tell her it will be part wine cellar.

cort
07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
The title of this thread made me instantly think of the opening line of this classic song:banger:banger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrFIsM1cvLc

Congrats on the cool wife:tu

CJ121
07-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Has she got any sisters? ;) :)

waffle
07-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a wife that is the exact same... I'm telling you they set the hook so when they want something (paint a room a hideous green and all new office furniture) you can't complain she just lovingly smiles at me and points to the sticks... I quiet down realllllly quick... but at least she's accepting right?

mukky
07-20-2010, 03:50 PM
looks like you got a keeper there:tu

Barteur
07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
At one point it will cost you:D

Very nice of her, she probably sees how this hobby/addiction makes you happy and wants to participate.

Smokin Gator
07-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Congrats brother... just go big!!!

galaga
07-20-2010, 04:02 PM
You're being Yinged.......

Don't worry, you'll be Yanged later..;)

cort
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
You're being Yinged.......

Don't worry, you'll be Yanged later..;)

Listen to Rick. He is REAL OLD and wise.:tu

neoflex
07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
I have a wife that is the exact same... I'm telling you they set the hook so when they want something (paint a room a hideous green and all new office furniture) you can't complain she just lovingly smiles at me and points to the sticks... I quiet down realllllly quick... but at least she's accepting right?

OH trust me she probably feels a little guilty after the list she gave me this weekend now that the baby is due in November. I only have two rooms downstairs that have carpeting and both are being replaced. Keep in mind the house is only a little over three years old. I have to paint the foyer and stairwell and the landing upstairs. Hang Chair rail in the babys room and instead of doing a simple paint job we are doing a darker color above the chair rail(Which equals multiple coats) and stripes below. The living room is being converted to a play room so along with the carpet being replaced I need to build a window seat in the bay window with some kind of storage and a shelving system for the one wall so it definitely won;t come for free.
Bigswol, trust me if I had a basement or even an inkling of extra space, a walk in would have already been constructed. My wife already knows that our next house will have to have a basement so I can build a walk-in and a ventilated room so I can smoke inside.

KenyanSandBoa
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Sounds like an excellent "problem" to have, John. :) :tu

:tpd:

I can't wait to see what the outcome of the "furniture shopping" is. :D

BC-Axeman
07-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Bigswol, trust me if I had a basement or even an inkling of extra space, a walk in would have already been constructed.
Having the space would not be the biggest limiting factor to most of us.
Figure $200-? per cu.ft. of cigars into that space.

lbowles2
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
My wife didn't have a problem with me getting my vino and putting drawers in it. Unfortunately it is already full. I just hope she is as understanding as your wife when I tell her I would like an Aristocrat or something similar.

dwoodward
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Buy two towers before she changes her mind lol