PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite LFD??

bigdix
07-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Haven't tried any, but would like to. I'd love to hear opinions on your favorites...especially if they are obtainable! Being Active Duty AF overseas, no access to a decent B&M...so it's all online. Let 'er rip, brothers/sisters!! :banger

neoflex
07-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Personally I don't think you could go wrong with any of the L series with the Oscuro wrapper. One of my favorites for a good while has been the Oscuro Especial which is a regular production stick. I used to be a big Chisel whore but got tired of them after a while and started bouncing back and forth with a couple of the L sizes along with the Oscuro Especial mentioned above. IMHO you will be hard pressed to find a bad stick in the LFD lineup. The only one I don't like is the Cameroon Cabinet. They're just no my taste but I know others who love them. LFD is the one brand that has always been my rock that I can always count on to be consistent and easily accessible. I go through my phases with different brands but La Flor is always a regular staple in my humidors.

bigdix
07-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Personally I don't think you could go wrong with any of the L series with the Oscuro wrapper. One of my favorites for a good while has been the Oscuro Especial which is a regular production stick. I used to be a big Chisel whore but got tired of them after a while and started bouncing back and forth with a couple of the L sizes along with the Oscuro Especial mentioned above. IMHO you will be hard pressed to find a bad stick in the LFD lineup. The only one I don't like is the Cameroon Cabinet. They're just no my taste but I know others who love them. LFD is the one brand that has always been my rock that I can always count on to be consistent and easily accessible. I go through my phases with different brands but La Flor is always a regular staple in my humidors.

Thanks, brother, just the sort of response I was looking for!! :l
Keep 'em coming!!

Coz77
07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
IMHO you will be hard pressed to find a bad stick in the LFD lineup.

:tpd: nuff said

kelmac07
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
I LOVE the LFD Chisel Maduro...strong, slap you in the face flavor. :dr :dr

issues
07-20-2010, 09:14 AM
LFD Cabinet Oscuro L-300 or a nice Double Press.

Really, I have yet to have a bad LFD or LG even the Air Bender is a damn fine cigar!

Steve
07-20-2010, 09:19 AM

x2!

:ss

Mr B
07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
I really like the Chiselito Natural for a quick Lunch time stick.

KenyanSandBoa
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I haven't found one that I didn't like yet...:tu

elderboy02
07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I like them all except for the Cameroon Cabinet.

awsmith4
07-20-2010, 10:05 AM
My favorite LFD is the DL Lancero, but my real favorite Litto Gomez products are the LG and the Coronado

JJG
07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
picked up an Air Bender yesterday that I'm really looking forward to trying.

but it begs the question...wtf is an Air Bender? :confused:

gmiranda33
07-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Factory Press or the Museo!!!
Along with all the other ones, lol.

RightAJ
07-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes. That is my answer :ss

aj

chatboardhero
07-20-2010, 11:02 AM
The Cabinet Oscuro 400 was my first favorite cigar. I love the Chisel too! :su

Adriftpanda
07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Dan, if you could find them, LFD Habano Corona, one of the best nc smokes I have ever had. LFD Air Bender is another good smoke, and also the LG Chisel but I highly doubt those are still around.

Good luck with your search, best advice to you is to just try em all. We can only give you advice on what we like, but we all have different taste.

neoflex
07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I forgot about the half dozen or so Airbenders I have had, those are great too. Been meaning to grab a box of those too.

Pass
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Anything from LFD!!!

My personal favorite, though, is the DL700 Maduro!!

Which is the same blend as the rest of the DL lines, except it is bigger... Oh and some of the odd numbered ones (i.e. 654, 660, and I believe 452) use a different maduro wrapper which gives it a slight hint of spice. (I believe it is a Habana maduro) Otherwise the entire DL line is supposed to be the same blend.

The Coronado is a pretty good one as well as the Air Bender. The Air Bender is a bit more mild than the Coronado IMO. However, the Air Bender has a fantastic flavor profile.

Basically any which way you go LFD is outstanding.

Dunkel
07-20-2010, 01:31 PM
DL Chisel

Goldie
07-20-2010, 01:43 PM
The only LFD I didn't enjoy was the Salomon, other than that, I don't think you can go wrong with that brand.

thebiglebowski
07-20-2010, 02:58 PM
chisel, natural wrapper - one of my weekly smokes. it's an ass-kicker and i love it!

neoflex
07-20-2010, 03:10 PM
The only LFD I didn't enjoy was the Salomon, other than that, I don't think you can go wrong with that brand.
Just out of curiousity, What didn't you like about the Salomon?

bigdix
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the ideas, fellas.....perhaps a box of all of them !!?? :ss

BryanB
07-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I prefer the Limitadas. The 3's are smoking nice now. Hard to find a bad stick made by Litto.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ogre
07-20-2010, 07:46 PM

X3

Chemyst
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
LG Small Batch

Chemyst :cool2:

Goldie
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Just out of curiousity, What didn't you like about the Salomon?

Good question. I guess I shouldn't say that I didn't enjoy the smoke, but I had to hot box this thing just to get a half way decent amount of smoke from it. There was also some tunneling going on.

And actually, after I say this, and rethink the experience, the only thing I enjoyed about this smoke was that I got to enjoy it with a good friend.

Maybe I'm being a bit judgmental, and maybe it deserves another chance. I just don't see myself dropping $20-$25+ on one of these.

But all other LFD's, muy bien!

bigswol2
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Chisel....on a full belly of course.

MarkinAZ
07-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Here's mine:

LFD DL600
LFD Cabinet Oscuro Natural L400

Both are very fine sticks. BTW, thank you for your service to our country Dan:salute:

scoot
07-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I haven't tried nearly as LFDs as I should. The Coronado Corona Especial is the only Litto Gomez cigar I have experience with and its quite good.

688sonarmen
07-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Factory Press Mady, cant speak for the II or III. And air bender. Had a chisel the other day that had some serious burn issues, could have been storage or the way I cut it.

bigdix
07-21-2010, 07:16 AM
I gotta buddy here expecting some Air Benders, currently looking at LG Chisel...maybe an LFD Chisel to start. Ten isn't too many is it ? :) hmmmmm. :ss

Bdeuce22
07-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Like the single ligero oscuros. The air benders are forgettable.

shilala
07-21-2010, 07:41 AM
I haven't tried the Air Benders yet. I was going to buy a box, but the blend and reviews made me think "meh".
I'm not crazy about any of the LFD stuff, it's all pretty one-dimensional. That's great if you like the flavors in the first place, but it gets pretty boring to me.
I absolutely LOVE all Litto's LG line and the Coronados. They're as good as cigars get, so far as I'm concerned. :tu

KenyanSandBoa
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm not crazy about any of the LFD stuff, it's all pretty one-dimensional. That's great if you like the flavors in the first place, but it gets pretty boring to me.

I completely agree there Scott. I like the flavors, so it's just a tasty stick to me, but if you don't like it at the beginning chances are you won't like it at the end because you're getting the same thing throughout.

rgrecco
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I LOVE the Air Bender's... I haven't tried the Lancero sized Air Bender yet but I hear its GREAET...

I also really enjoyed the DL700 Maduro...

AWESOME SMOKES!!!

RON

shilala
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I completely agree there Scott. I like the flavors, so it's just a tasty stick to me, but if you don't like it at the beginning chances are you won't like it at the end because you're getting the same thing throughout.
Jim, I have 7 of the '07 A's. They're Double Ligero Oscuro Naturals. They're like a foot long. They're an all day committment and taste the same from start to finish.
It's probably the pinnacle of what you'd like. :D

druturn
08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I have only had one LFD and it was the Double Ligero and I LOVED it! I can't wait to dig into my second one!

darkleeroy
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
The only one I can remember is the Chisel Dark Natural or whatever. I remember it being quite the pepper stick also.

coronalogan
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
My favorite is probably the limitado III, but i also smoke about 5 or 6 of the DL 654 maduro's every week. The museo is a very good complex smoke, but a tad bit pricey too. Coronado is a great smoke, and so is the mysterio oscuro if you ever feel like smoking somethin a bit larger. Im waiting on there "new" stuff to be released after this week of the trade show in New orleans.

kelmac07
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I haven't tried the Air Benders yet. I was going to buy a box, but the blend and reviews made me think "meh".
I absolutely LOVE all Litto's LG line and the Coronados. They're as good as cigars get, so far as I'm concerned. :tu

I didn't care for them at all..they were "MEH", at best!!! :D

shilala
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I didn't care for them at all..they were "MEH", at best!!! :D
Don't try that reverse psychology sh1t on me, hoarder.

darkleeroy
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh dang, this is getting serious! But now that I remember the Chisel... I'm pretty sure it sat me down, after scarfing down Taco Bell and sipping Mountain Dew while smoking it. And to that, I salute it.

Salvelinus
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
The only two I have had are a Double ligero and an Airbender. I preferred the DL

kelmac07
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM

No BS...I did not enjoy this stick and I torched two of them to make sure. Hoarder? :r :r :r

shilala
08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
No BS...I did not enjoy this stick and I torched two of them to make sure. Hoarder? :r :r :r
Yes. King Hoarder. I bet you installed bars on your windows.
You still have that minigun turret on the roof?

kelmac07
08-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes. King Hoarder. I bet you installed bars on your windows.
You still have that minigun turret on the roof?

LOL!!! :r :r :r :r

whodeeni
08-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Ummmmm.... I know YOU'RE Not talkin Scott!:su

I mean you did clear out a significant portion of your stash but comon
man.... Boxes and boxes of some of the most coveted sticks out there!:r

On another note.. Mac is a Damn Hoarder! (But then again I am too!):r

whodeeni
08-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Tried my first LGDiez Oriental last night. Don't knowif it was the
'08 or '09 (i bought them both) but it was friggin amazing!

rostamizadeh
08-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Salomon and Museo... but for a more regular smoke you can't go wrong with a DL.

Bruzee
08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Hands down the Factory Press... Any of them. :tu