PDA

View Full Version : J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Pages : 1 [2]

MedicCook
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Good job JETS. Tough win.

Resipsa
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow. Yet another example of how absolutely horrible Sanchez is, regardless of what the threads resident homer Joe might think.

when Pennington was the Jets Qb, everybody in the league knew what a popgun arm he had, even before he got hurt. And nobody took him seriously.

But, at least the guy completed a high percentage of his 5-10 yard passes.

When, like Sanchez, you only throw 5-10 passes and STILL can barely manage to complete 50% of them, that's truly pathetic.

And that last pass? My God. You can't even throw the ball 40 yards downfield?

That play was the very reason they came up with the "uncatchable ball" ruling. did the defender touch Holmes face mask? Undisputed. Did Holmes have any chance of catching that dead duck of a pass? Not in this ****ing lifetime, LOL

Holmes was falling backward, away from the ball and the defender had inside positioning. He was never going to catch that lame ass throw, and to just hand the Jets a first down inside the five when it was fourth and what 19?, is inexcusable.

ujponds
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Wow. Yet another example of how absolutely horrible Sanchez is, regardless of what the threads resident homer Joe might think.

when Pennington was the Jets Qb, everybody in the league knew what a popgun arm he had, even before he got hurt. And nobody took him seriously.

When, like Sanchez, you only throw 5-10 passes and STILL can barely manage to complete 50% of them, that's truly pathetic.

That play was the very reason they came up with the "uncatchable ball" ruling. did the defender touch Holmes face mask? Undisputed. Did Holmes have any chance of catching that dead duck of a pass? Not in this ****ing lifetime, LOL

Holmes was falling backward, away from the ball and the defender had inside positioning. He was never going to catch that lame ass throw, and to just hand the Jets a first down inside the five when it was fourth and what 19?, is inexcusable.

Hahahahaha you get soooooo pissed!

ujponds
10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't think Sanchez is great. I think he is playing up to his expectations for a second year QB. he is showing progress compaired to last season and that is all you can ask for. I agree he had a bad game, but The Jets won game they should have lost, so no harm no foul.

As long as he doesn't lose the game, the team has a good chance to win every game they are in.

There are plenty of Qbs in the league I would take over him, but he's not bad for a second year Qb and if he keeps getting better than he'll be pretty damn good in years to come.

Blueface
10-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Congrats!!!
Best record in football as of week 6.
Who would have thought that.

DBall
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Congrats!!!
Best record in football as of week 6.
Who would have thought that.

Yeah, but we haven't played any real teams though, so it doesn't count. :rolleyes: :r

Mikepd
10-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah, but we haven't played any real teams though, so it doesn't count. :rolleyes: :r

My thoughts exactly Dan... :r

fhrblig
10-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Let's see:

The Jets have a QB that, in his rookie year, helped lead his team to the playoffs; something that even Brett Favre was not able to do for them the previous year. In the first six games in his second year he has led them to a 5-1 record.

You're right, he's terrible. He should be drummed out of the league! :r

Broncos fan, for the record.

Blueface
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Dan,
Save the :r and :rolleyes: for the end of the year.
Let's keep this to reality.
They have the best record.
They have a very good defense.
They have a rejuvenated Tomlinson.
Sanchez? Jury is out on him and btw, there goes the 0 interceptions.

This is the Jets we are talking about here, remember?
10 games to go.
Even then, if they make it, the playoffs are not very receptive to them.

If there is any possible remote chance they can screw it all up, they will seize the moment to do so.:r

ujponds
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Dan,
Save the :r and :rolleyes: for the end of the year.
Let's keep this to reality.
They have the best record.
They have a very good defense.
They have a rejuvenated Tomlinson.
Sanchez? Jury is out on him and btw, there goes the 0 interceptions.

This is the Jets we are talking about here, remember?
10 games to go.
Even then, if they make it, the playoffs are not very receptive to them.

If there is any possible remote chance they can screw it all up, they will seize the moment to do so.:r

I have to admit, I am having flashbacks of the '08 season when the things went into a horrible tailspin after Thanksgiving. Up until then the Jets looked like the best team in the league.

Resipsa
10-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Wow and w thought you didn't understand, LOL

I'll leave u in peace, I'd hate to disturb the company line. Carry on

DBall
10-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow and w thought you didn't understand, LOL

I'll leave u in peace, I'd hate to disturb the company line. Carry on

I get what you're saying, Vic... but you gotta remember... I'm a Jets fan. We don't historically do good... in general. You can't blame a guy for being happy when we're not sucking.

The Poet
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM

Damn, Vic, I must have been watching a different game than you. Not only did that "dead duck" land in his hands, despite the fact that the facemask had turned his head around, but even the announcers stated that "he almost caught it anyway". Was the foul intentional? Maybe not, and had it been limited to the contact that occurred before the ball got there, it might have fairly been ruled as incidental (and might not have, either). But the facemask, intentional or not, is a major personal foul, even if it happens at the line of scrimmage. For it to happen on a long pass play for a potential winning TD late in the game . . . well, you have to call it. OK, you don't like it, and it pi$$es you, and the Bronco fans, off. Yet you should be able to admit that, had the foul NOT been called, the Jets would have had much more reason to be pi$$ed.

I repeat, I am not a Jets fan. And I can't disagree with your points about Sancez stinking up Mile High last night. He played like crap. And yes, the Jets pulled one outta their a$$ . . . hey, everybody gets one, now and then. But Denver had their shot, and didn't do it. They got the ball back with both time and time-outs. Orton was moving them downfield, but twice on sideline completions his receivers failed to get out of bounds to stop the clock. This forced Orton to rush the offense, which may have contributed to the bad snap, with DID lead to the fumble, which ended the game.

Suck it up. The Jets won, fair and square. Move on. Just my :2, and worth every penny.

Blueface
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
This thread is awfully quiet today.:(

Where's Vic?

DBall
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Painful.......................................... :(

Emjaysmash
10-31-2010, 02:11 PM
:ss

:tu

EricF
10-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Just pitiful! Shutout at home!

14holestogie
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
I certainly wouldn't have bet on our (Pack) beat up defense shutting anyone out, but I'll take it. Hopefully we can meet again in the SB.

Blueface
10-31-2010, 03:08 PM
16 for 38, for 256 yards, with two interceptions and no touchdowns.

Not trying to trash but just going back to the points raised by Vic about Sanchez.

Green Bay does not have that type of stellar defense that should have stopped Sanchez like this.

Something noted by a Fox commentator as they were doing the replays of the game, he said "Jets 3rd and 8 (this was with around 4 minutes left)".
He went on to say this is not where the Jets want to be with this QB.

As a NY fan first, I feel for the Jets. I truly do.
I think today should put some doubt that Sanchez is your star.
If he is, he is certainly taking way too long to shine.

ujponds
10-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Bad day for Jets football, especially after a bye.

I'm glad I had to miss the game for my boy's birthday and first Halloween.

Wanger
11-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Why the hell couldn't you do us a favor and beat the Cheezits yesterday? :(

Gophernut
11-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Why the hell couldn't you do us a favor and beat the Cheezits yesterday? :(

:tpd:

Blueface
11-07-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA
:D

Blueface
11-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Come on guys!!!
Where are all the fans?
They are headed for overtime.

Blueface
11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Congrats on the comeback win.

EricF
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
1st place! Oh Yeah!

ujponds
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Another UGLY win!!! Keep 'em coming!. . . Hahaha Sanchez SUX!!!

ujponds
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Come on guys!!!
Where are all the fans?
They are headed for overtime.

I turn off my phone, computer and any other disturbance until the game is over.

DBall
11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I missed the entire game yesterday... I am assuming it was painful even though it was a win, right?

Oh well... as long as they play good when (if) they make it to post season.

ujponds
11-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I missed the entire game yesterday... I am assuming it was painful even though it was a win, right?

Oh well... as long as they play good when (if) they make it to post season.

It wasn't pretty. They looked like they did last week, like it was a scrimmage or something. The important thing is the W and with the Pats loss we're back in 1st.

Blueface
11-08-2010, 08:53 AM
It wasn't pretty. They looked like they did last week, like it was a scrimmage or something. The important thing is the W and with the Pats loss we're back in 1st.

It was ugly except for that bomb by Sanchez.
Was nice to see a long throw for a change.

ujponds
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Um, WOW!!!

MedicCook
11-14-2010, 02:47 PM
The Jets pulled that game out of their butt.

Blueface
11-14-2010, 03:22 PM
The Jets pulled that game out of their butt.

You are not kidding.

MedicCook
11-14-2010, 03:24 PM
These are games they should be dominating. What is going to happen when they play some better teams?

EricF
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Very ugly win today. But a win is a win!

DBall
11-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm all for "a win is a win"... however, I'd like to see a good old fashioned ass-whoopin administered by the Jets once in a while instead of all these last minute victories.

ujponds
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Let's not forget Folk left 9 points on the field. I think when the team is built around the run and defense they will always be close games.

Cleveland played a HELL of a game and are alot better than their record.

DBall
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Let's not forget Folk left 9 points on the field.

Folk needs to be kicked in the groin... or given to the Bills...

ujponds
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Folk needs to be kicked in the groin... or given to the Bills...

Same thing

The Poet
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I am still not convinced the Jets are any good, but they sure are lucky as hell. By my count, this makes three wins they have pulled out of their butts . . . yesterday against the Browns, last week's OT against the Lions, and that "facemask" win in Denver.

With as much bad luck as good, they'd be 4-5, not 7-2.

EricF
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm all for "a win is a win"... however, I'd like to see a good old fashioned ass-whoopin administered by the Jets once in a while instead of all these last minute victories.

Agreed. I also would like to see a good ole fashioned azz-wooping ala the Giants over Seattle! It would go a long way just to flex some muscle not just keep their heads above water. :D

It would be even better if it happened in the division or at least the conference.:D

DBall
11-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Holy s#it, guys... watching these games is terrible for my blood pressure.

EricF
11-21-2010, 02:26 PM
They dam near gave me a heart attack!!!!!!!

ujponds
11-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Where's all of the Sanchez haters now!?!!!!!

Blueface
11-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Good comeback.
Should have never boiled down to that but great way to walk away with a win, with a bomb pass no less.

MedicCook
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
:tu JETS!!!

Blueface
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Where TF are the Jets fans today?

Holy crap!
I would think after last night's win and now being tied at 9-2 with the Patriots for first place, with an upcoming match between the two, you guys would be all over this thread.

Reality Check:
Remember '86.
Keep it real.
Enjoy but don't break out the champagne yet.

DBall
11-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I really can't wait for Jets/Pats.

The Poet
11-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Reality Check:
Remember '10.
Keep it real.

Fixed it for you, Carlos. :D

I remember 2010, with the Jets making it to the AFC Championship game, and the Pats making it to the game in Foxborough against the Ravens . . . but not making it OUT of that game. :r

DBall
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
WTF, jets?!

dogface_313
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I woke up early to watch this. Loving it!

ujponds
12-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Worst display I've ever seen!!!!!!! I have no words.

MiamiE
12-07-2010, 05:26 AM
:r

longknocker
12-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Pay Back Time For New England!

jmsremax
12-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Pay Back Time For New England!

:sl

Blueface
12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Only Jets fans can be surprised by last night.

The rest of us..................well, no surprises here.

Subvet642
12-07-2010, 07:04 AM
45 to 3? :hy

taltos
12-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Sexy Rexy did not look too happy after the game, kind of had a Peyton puss.JETS, Just End The Season.:D:r:r

shilala
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Only Jets fans can be surprised by last night.

The rest of us..................well, no surprises here.
It's vindication for me, Carlos. If I had to hear one more "the Jets are the second coming of Christ" sportscaster comment, I think I'd puke. This should shut them up.
I wasn't shocked with how bad they got thumped, I was overjoyed. :D
Sorry Jets fans!!!

ujponds
12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Homer Joe or not, as a Jets fan I've seen enough. It is like '08 all over again. Even if they make the Playoffs, the season ended last week. I've tried my best to keep a positive spin on things and defend my team, but I'm tired of watching complete collapses over and over! Such is the life of a Jets fan.

Bring on the hate.

TheRiddick
12-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Not like I didn't warn you at the beginning of the season. Sanchez is CRAP and drags the entire team down with him, their mental state has to be affected when they know their QB can't buy a throw, receivers drop passes since they are as surprised to see Sanchez deliver as the opposing team (not that its an excuse as they get paid to expect passes come their way). Ryan must start looking for a QB today, Sanchez ain't it, IMO. You can teach skill, you can't teach HEART.

Bruins Fan
12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Nice move by the Jets staffer sticking out his foot to trip the Dolphins player that was running out of bounds.
They just showed it on the Sunday night pre game show.:sh

MiamiE
12-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Real nice move. He'll probably lose his job over that.

ujponds
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
He better lose his job, that was a dick move.

Blueface
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Here is a replay for all to see.
Unfreaking real!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Jets-employee-trips-Dolphins-player-durin?urn=nfl-294916

Blueface
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Bring on the hate.

No hate here.
Actually, feel really bad for die hard Jets fans.
Feel real bad you guys still stick by your team, year, after year.

macpappy
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Unfreaking real!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Jets-employee-trips-Dolphins-player-durin?urn=nfl-294916

That is about as low class as I have ever seen in a football game. He should be hit with a significant fine and a league suspension on top of being fired. And why in blazes wasn't there a flag thrown. Probably wasn't seen by the refs, I guess.

timo
12-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Rexy can start a "game ball cemetery"

MiamiE
12-13-2010, 06:30 AM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/12/marshall-jets-should-bury-this-one-too.html

shilala
12-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Unfreaking real!
I can remember that happening a long time ago, but the guy that did it stuck out a leg and tripped a player that was out of bounds. The player crashed into the benches.
I can't remember who was involved, maybe someone can remember.
I can't remember anything being said about it except "hah, he got tripped."
In those days, when you went out of bounds on the other team's side, you were pretty much fair game. Things sure have changed.

Blueface
12-13-2010, 08:16 AM
I can remember that happening a long time ago, but the guy that did it stuck out a leg and tripped a player that was out of bounds. The player crashed into the benches.
I can't remember who was involved, maybe someone can remember.
I can't remember anything being said about it except "hah, he got tripped."
In those days, when you went out of bounds on the other team's side, you were pretty much fair game. Things sure have changed.

Scott,
Unless I missed it, this player was inbounds running down the field, close to the sideline.
Need to look at it again.

In any event, that just plain sucks in a professional sport of the caliber of the NFL today.

shilala
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Scott,
Unless I missed it, this player was inbounds running down the field, close to the sideline.
Need to look at it again.

In any event, that just plain sucks in a professional sport of the caliber of the NFL today.
I just saw the tape, Carlos. You're right, the dood was streaking down the sidelines out of bounds and the Jets guy stuck out his knee. I hadn't seen the tape, and from what I had heard I imagined the situation like what I'd seen happen before. He tripped the guy with his knee, he really could have hurt him.
I have no idea what the Jets trainer was thinking.
He did apologize and accepted he'll be getting spanked, for what that's worth.

macpappy
12-15-2010, 03:13 PM
The story being reported now is that the dummy (instead of using the profane) instructed the inactive players to line up in a wall on that play. The quote in the story is “and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them.”

The Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely and I smell a firing coming on.

Volusianator
12-15-2010, 03:28 PM
The story being reported now is that the dummy (instead of using the profane) instructed the inactive players to line up in a wall on that play. The quote in the story is “and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them.”

The Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely and I smell a firing coming on.

That's all fine and dandy, but what I want to know is who gave Alosi his instructions to do that? I highly doubt he came up with it and initiated it on his own.

Blueface
12-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I love the way everyone gave him some credit for at least apologizing.
Seems I recall his apology being that of "don't know what I was thinking".
Based on latest reports, he was clearly being a lying sack of chit at that point as this was all very well orchestrated.

I think this title to this thread is worthy of a name change.

New one:
J! O! K! E! S! Jokes! Jokes! Jokes!

Soon to be:
C! H! O! K! E! S! Chokes! Chokes! Chokes!

jonumberone
12-16-2010, 08:07 AM
That's all fine and dandy, but what I want to know is who gave Alosi his instructions to do that? I highly doubt he came up with it and initiated it on his own.

:tpd:

An order like that absolutely comes from someone higher than a strength and conditioning coach!
Now the Jets are saying he's been doing this for weeks but they had no idea.
Even if that statement is true, which I doubt, it shows they have no idea what's happening on their own sideline!

ujponds
12-19-2010, 05:20 PM
J!e!t!s!

68TriShield
12-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Way to go Jets!

EricF
12-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Dam near gave me a coronary!!!!!

Blueface
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Dam near gave me a coronary!!!!!

Eric, how about today?

Whee
01-08-2011, 10:00 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/IllinoisHoosier/rex.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/IllinoisHoosier/smilies/whistle.gif

Bruins Fan
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
What the heck is with fat Ryan? He has to drag Brady into everything he must be haunted by him :r

Stephen
01-08-2011, 11:32 AM
What the heck is with fat Ryan? He has to drag Brady into everything he must be haunted by him :r
Maybe his wife loves Brady's footwork...:lr

ujponds
01-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Hopefully Brady will get the chance to shut him up. . . again:(

massphatness
01-09-2011, 06:14 AM
I can't believe this thread has been so quiet with last night's win.

Congrats to the Jets! I don't particularly have a rooting interest in your team, but next week it would give me so much pleasure to have you serve up a steaming hot cup of STFU to the Boston-area sports radio blathering boobs who speak as if Christ Himself has already annointed the Patriots as Super Bowl champions.

I'm not hopeful that the Jets will pull it off, but damn it would be sweet.

DBall
01-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Hahaha... my schedule has be such a cluster that I thought the game was on tonight. Just watched the highlights on NFL.com... seemed like a typical Jets game... a last-minute, pulled out of the ass victory.

That said, I'll take it. The Colts aren't slouches. Hey... isn't that Vic's team? I haven't seen him in here in a while... :D

Now, if we can get the win over the Pats, I'll be ecstatic.

Go JETS!

shilala
01-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Hahaha... my schedule has be such a cluster that I thought the game was on tonight. Just watched the highlights on NFL.com... seemed like a typical Jets game... a last-minute, pulled out of the ass victory.

That said, I'll take it. The Colts aren't slouches. Hey... isn't that Vic's team? I haven't seen him in here in a while... :D

Now, if we can get the win over the Pats, I'll be ecstatic.

Go JETS!
I can give you the highlights, Danny...
Sanchez sucked something awful, and the Colts have 11 defensive starters on the bench, hurt. All they needed to do is run the ball to win the game. They should give LT and Shonn Greene a medal because they literally won the game for them. And Nick Folk.
On a positive note, they were well coached last night. They exploited the Colt's weakness by keeping the ball on the ground and by hanging onto the ball and keeping Peyton off the field.
Despite the Colts literally having no defense whatsoever, they Vinatieri kick a go ahead field goal with like a minute forty five left in the game.
I have no idea what was wrong with The Dirty last night, but he looked a lot worse than his 18-31, 189 yards, 0 td and 1 interception stats would suggest.

massphatness
01-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Missing those touch passes just before he thre the pick shows the kid has a kong way to go ...

shilala
01-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Missing those touch passes just before he thre the pick shows the kid has a kong way to go ...
The kid has a rifle for an arm, he doesn't have a touch pass in him. I was *****ing about that in this thread earlier in the year.
Best I can figure is that he gets too wound up. When he showed up, I was really high on him. I thought he'd become a truly great quarterback. Now I think the Jets would be fortunate if he just turned in Byron Leftwich. :D

massphatness
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't know -- he's only what, 22? He's no Sam Bradford or Matt Ryan, but I think he's going to be decent: a qb who isn't going to be able to absolutely carry a team like a Manning or Brady, but one that's serviceable and won't lose games for them.

mosesbotbol
01-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Two clutch field goals in one game. Congrat's Jets.

shilala
01-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Maybe if he just burned one with Smoke before the game? That should settle him down. The Jets have an awesome O-line right now. O-lines wax and wane. As high strung as he seems to be, I think he's a few O-line injuries away from being useless.
I do think he's a smart kid, and he's picked up a really quick mastery of the offense in New York, even if it is real simple.
Maybe with a few more years he'll settle in and really show what he's made of.
Mind ya Vin, I was a big-time Dirty fan. I really thought the kid would be great, cause he has it all. Except some touch. Who the hell would have guessed something as easy as lobbing a ball would make that big a difference in a guy's game?
I do have to admit that I think he has the strongest arm in the NFL. Man, can that kid sling it.
I wish someone had some insight into whatever his problem was last night? Playoff nerves, I suppose? I only got to see him six or eight times during the season and he was never consistant in any of those games, but last night was definately his worse showing that I can think of (that I've seen).

taltos
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Missing those touch passes just before he thre the pick shows the kid has a kong way to go ...He would have received great benefit from one more year of college.Time for the Pats to spank the Jets again.

Stephen
01-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Maybe if he just burned one with Smoke before the game? That should settle him down. The Jets have an awesome O-line right now. O-lines wax and wane. As high strung as he seems to be, I think he's a few O-line injuries away from being useless.
I do think he's a smart kid, and he's picked up a really quick mastery of the offense in New York, even if it is real simple.
Maybe with a few more years he'll settle in and really show what he's made of.
Mind ya Vin, I was a big-time Dirty fan. I really thought the kid would be great, cause he has it all. Except some touch. Who the hell would have guessed something as easy as lobbing a ball would make that big a difference in a guy's game?
I do have to admit that I think he has the strongest arm in the NFL. Man, can that kid sling it.
I wish someone had some insight into whatever his problem was last night? Playoff nerves, I suppose? I only got to see him six or eight times during the season and he was never consistant in any of those games, but last night was definately his worse showing that I can think of (that I've seen).
Michael Vick says hi.:2

shilala
01-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Michael Vick says hi.:2
Good point. I guess I don't notice Vick as much because he's always throwing on the run or off his back foot. He can throw that sumb1tch 70 yards and drop it in a bucket, for sure. :tu

ujponds
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Sanchez was off with his touch passes for sure. He has been nursing a shoulder injury for the past few weeks, torn cartilage. They are even hinting it could require surgery in the off season.

I sure wouldn't say he was terrible, but it wasn't his best playoff showing. Let's give credit where credit is due, Sanchez is now 3-1 in the playoffs and a big reason why is due HIS play.

TheRiddick
01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Cromartie was exploited well last night and that in itself showed other teams how to attack Jets' secondary, Ryan better do some thinking this week. Sanchez sucked again, injury or not, he takes way too long to scan/analyze his options and has no finesse in his arm to speak of... Not that receivers didn't drop some on-the-money passes last night...

I don't think next game will be as one sided as last time, at the least I hope Jets players' professional egos will drive them harder to prove a point.

RRocket
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Just watched the game. Is it me, or did the Jets luck out on that last pass to Edwards? Looked clearly like a push off to me..and the refs missed it.

ujponds
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
It's all luck with the Jets! They are the luckiest team in the league, you didn't know that?

Sanchez is the worst qb to ever play the game, the D is a joke and everyone knows how to exploit them, the running game is VERY overrated and the coach is a SHAM!!! He knows nothing, only pretending.

20 wins and 5 playoff games in 2 years! They are SOOOOO lucky.... it is really ridiculous!

RRocket
01-09-2011, 10:25 PM
It's all luck with the Jets! They are the luckiest team in the league, you didn't know that?

Sanchez is the worst qb to ever play the game, the D is a joke and everyone knows how to exploit them, the running game is VERY overrated and the coach is a SHAM!!! He knows nothing, only pretending.

20 wins and 5 playoff games in 2 years! They are SOOOOO lucky.... it is really ridiculous!

Not sure about all of that. Only thing I was sure of was that Edwards used 2 hands to push the defender (Lacey?) out of the way.

Stephen
01-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Good point. I guess I don't notice Vick as much because he's always throwing on the run or off his back foot. He can throw that sumb1tch 70 yards and drop it in a bucket, for sure. :tu
It's amazing how effortless his throws look.

ujponds
01-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Not sure about all of that. Only thing I was sure of was that Edwards used 2 hands to push the defender (Lacey?) out of the way.

I know, I'm just tired of people chalking every win up as luck. He did get a little push off but Lacey wasn't even looking for the ball.

shilala
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I know, I'm just tired of people chalking every win up as luck. He did get a little push off but Lacey wasn't even looking for the ball.
Mark, I don't know about "luck", but the Colts were missing 11 starting players from their defense, among lots of other problems.
The Jets just plain didn't play well. I can't pick any single player on the team and say "he had a really good game". If they don't take it up a lot of notches, they're gonna have their hands full next week.
I can remember not so long ago a Pittsburgh Steeler team who went 15-1, only to NOT take home a Super Bowl ring. 20 wins in two seasons means nothing if you don't take home the prize, and they sure didnt look like a team that's gonna take home the prize.

I was a big Sanchez fan last year. All the pre-season talk about the Jets being the second coming
of Christ really put a burr up my ass, probably as much as the "luck" comments have pissed you off. Problem is, if you want your team to be considered great, they gotta go the distance. A team can only survive on decimated opposition and favorable bounces for so long. Sooner or later they gotta come out the gate and play like they can really play. Granted I haven't seen more than a handful of Jets games this year, but so far I'm more or less unimpressed. Sanchez is a big disappointment, as far as I'm concerned. I feel he's playing way beneath his grade. Whether it's him or the coaching, I don't know, but there's a kid with all the talent in the world who's throwing like Jake Delhomme. :D

massphatness
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
HEY! Jake Delhomme won me a fantasy league a few years back.

ujponds
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Mark, I don't know about "luck", but the Colts were missing 11 starting players from their defense, among lots of other problems.
The Jets just plain didn't play well. I can't pick any single player on the team and say "he had a really good game". If they don't take it up a lot of notches, they're gonna have their hands full next week.
I can remember not so long ago a Pittsburgh Steeler team who went 15-1, only to NOT take home a Super Bowl ring. 20 wins in two seasons means nothing if you don't take home the prize, and they sure didnt look like a team that's gonna take home the prize.

I was a big Sanchez fan last year. All the pre-season talk about the Jets being the second coming
of Christ really put a burr up my ass, probably as much as the "luck" comments have pissed you off. Problem is, if you want your team to be considered great, they gotta go the distance. A team can only survive on decimated opposition and favorable bounces for so long. Sooner or later they gotta come out the gate and play like they can really play. Granted I haven't seen more than a handful of Jets games this year, but so far I'm more or less unimpressed. Sanchez is a big disappointment, as far as I'm concerned. I feel he's playing way beneath his grade. Whether it's him or the coaching, I don't know, but there's a kid with all the talent in the world who's throwing like Jake Delhomme. :D

I have been defending Sanchez all season and I think it is getting a little old, people are going to see what they want to see. I see a second year QB that has two winning seasons and followed them up with solid play in the post season. Has he played perfect? No, some missed throws an int here and there. As a second year QB his job is to make a good throw here and there and not give the game away, which I think he is doing pretty well. There were several situations during the season where he was asked to bring the team back and win the game and he came through. Is he Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? No. . . What I will say is that he is doing better at this point in his career than Eli did.

As far as the rest of the team goes, no one can say that they are not on their way up. Do I think they are "great"? No, not yet, but Ryan HAS changed the culture. They made it to the Championship last year and followed it up with a return to the Playoffs and a win this year. Injuries or not, beating Peyton at home in the Playoffs is something.

To expect a Super Bowl the second year of a new regime with a new QB is a little unrealistic. ANY coach that is hired is usually given 3 years or should be. Whatever happens I think two years in a row of advancing in the Playoffs is a good START. Yes eventually they have to make it to the Super Bowl and win, but they are a hell of alot closer now than they were two years ago with Mangini and Pennington/ Favre.

shilala
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I have been defending Sanchez all season and I think it is getting a little old, people are going to see what they want to see. I see a second year QB that has two winning seasons and followed them up with solid play in the post season. Has he played perfect? No, some missed throws an int here and there. As a second year QB his job is to make a good throw here and there and not give the game away, which I think he is doing pretty well. There were several situations during the season where he was asked to bring the team back and win the game and he came through. Is he Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? No. . . What I will say is that he is doing better at this point in his career than Eli did.

As far as the rest of the team goes, no one can say that they are not on their way up. Do I think they are "great"? No, not yet, but Ryan HAS changed the culture. They made it to the Championship last year and followed it up with a return to the Playoffs and a win this year. Injuries or not, beating Peyton at home in the Playoffs is something.

To expect a Super Bowl the second year of a new regime with a new QB is a little unrealistic. ANY coach that is hired is usually given 3 years or should be. Whatever happens I think two years in a row of advancing in the Playoffs is a good START. Yes eventually they have to make it to the Super Bowl and win, but they are a hell of alot closer now than they were two years ago with
Mangini and Pennington/ Favre.
I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.
I never expected anything of the Jets the last two years, and I think they're winning at a much higher percentage than I'd have ever guessed. I just don't think they're playing to their potential, or at least to their supposed potential.
The song that the talking heads and sportswriters were singing prior to this year's startup was that they were heavily favored to take the Super Bowl this year. Same thing last year.
Like I mentioned earlier, that's my rub. I think they're playing right at a level where they should be, and probably winning at a higher percentage than they should be. I don't think the club is all that incredibly stacked or super talented. A couple key injuries and a couple bad bounces and they're a 6 or 7 win club. I do have to concede that they took away some games that looked lost. I should probably give them more credit for that.
I'm really starting to fear that The Dirty is more likely to wash out than become a marquee quarterback. That's a bummer for me, cause I like the kid.
I suppose I'm just jealous cause of all the press they got that I felt was
misplaced. :)
I tell ya what, if they so much as put up a fight against Brady next week, I'll eat my words. :D

TheRiddick
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Mark,

Sanchez should LEAD the team, so far he has shown he cannot instill confidence in them. When his receivers, a great bunch by any measure, have no idea what to expect, how is the team going to play with mental toughness? 3 INTs in the Pats game, under pressure, was clear indication that he has miles to go yet before he can be considered good. Remember McMahon in Chicago? Was he a great QB when measured by the standards set by Montana, Elway or Marino (and some others)? No, IMO. But the team would die for him on the field and he was a remarkable leader who never gave up, in the process charging the rest of team with energy and belief. So far, Sanchez has not shown even a glimpse of that. Even coaching staff has relied on running game to limit Sanchez' involvement and ability to "turn" the game around (read: for the worse).

It is obvious you're seeing a different Sanchez than I do and these days you do need a great QB to win a SB. At least I cannot recall a SB winner in the past 10+ years who wasn't a great leader/QB.

ujponds
01-10-2011, 01:57 PM
:bdhMark,

Sanchez should LEAD the team, so far he has shown he cannot instill confidence in them. When his receivers, a great bunch by any measure, have no idea what to expect, how is the team going to play with mental toughness? 3 INTs in the Pats game, under pressure, was clear indication that he has miles to go yet before he can be considered good. Remember McMahon in Chicago? Was he a great QB when measured by the standards set by Montana, Elway or Marino (and some others)? No, IMO. But the team would die for him on the field and he was a remarkable leader who never gave up, in the process charging the rest of team with energy and belief. So far, Sanchez has not shown even a glimpse of that. Even coaching staff has relied on running game to limit Sanchez' involvement and ability to "turn" the game around (read: for the worse).

It is obvious you're seeing a different Sanchez than I do and these days you do need a great QB to win a SB. At least I cannot recall a SB winner in the past 10+ years who wasn't a great leader/QB.

I disagree with almost everything you say here but what's new :bdh. I do agree that we see a different Sanchez, The coaches and players alike all say that from last year to this year he HAS become a leader in the locker room and on the field.

I really don't think Sanchez will ever meet your standards, IF he won a Super Bowl I think you would prob. argue that he'll never win another one:). Haters keep hating.

We will see what the next few years bring, I think the team as a whole is on the upswing. With Rex at the wheel good things have been happening and IF Sanchez lives up to his potential this team can be good for a long time. Win or lose this week, they have shown that they can rebound from failure, deal with adversity and build on success from year to year and IMO that is how you put a Championship together.:2

TheRiddick
01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Do you really think anyone on Jets payroll will say anything negative about Sanchez and destroy his confidence (or whatever there is of it) in the process? The team has no choice, but praise him... They would even if they had one armed and no legs QB... Had they real confidence in Sanchez their entire game plan would revolve around that and not on the running game and keeping the ball out of his hands...

You make it sound like I am not a Jets fan. I am and have been. Since early 80s. Main reason I am so tired of same old, same old every season.

ujponds
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Do you really think anyone on Jets payroll will say anything negative about Sanchez and destroy his confidence (or whatever there is of it) in the process? The team has no choice, but praise him... They would even if they had one armed and no legs QB... Had they real confidence in Sanchez their entire game plan would revolve around that and not on the running game and keeping the ball out of his hands...

You make it sound like I am not a Jets fan. I am and have been. Since early 80s. Main reason I am so tired of same old, same old every season.

What ever you say Greg. I understand that you hate Sanchez but if you are a long time Jets fan , how can you say "same old, same old"? You don't think this team is getting any better?

I know we've gone through this before so I don't expect anything new, you are a glass half empty kind of guy. What you call a SOJ fan. I get it.

Tell you what, PM me your addy. I have a "stat sheet" I want to send you:tu

TheRiddick
01-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days? :sh

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question.

We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.

ujponds
01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Getting "better" and winning the whole shebang is not the same thing in my book. They finally got a coach who seems to be motivating them, they also got a number of great offensive weapons and yet the center piece seems to be missing. You make it sound like I am not a true Jets fan only because I don't believe in their QB or their ability to win a SB with the current one... What's wrong with being a realist instead of a dreamer? Or a denier? Or, are you suggesting that as a fan, I must be an "apologist" like the team is these days? :sh

BTW, are you paying attention to Sanchez' throws? He overthrows, A LOT, and this clearly shows how afraid he is of making a mistake. No matter what the team claims as their "confidence" in his ability as their PR policy.

Will Tebow be available in the off-season? After 2 years of "trying", someone needs to realize a change is needed since there is no real improvement shown so far and none that I see in the future with the current QB. Or are Jets simply waiting for Brady and Rothlisberger to retire? I'd like to hear their plans and hate to say it, but Sanchez ain't it from where I stand. Not that great QBs are readily available, too bad... Main reason I am down on the team since we will be saddled with the "Oh, no, don't let him throw" for years to come. And no SB...

Like I said, name one SB winning team in recent memory without a great QB as a leader. Simple question. We need a LEADER, not a "hope"...

I'll wait until Pats game to post more. Something tells me that if they lose Ryan may finally start singing a different tune in regard to "don't throw" since he is the only reason the team is underperforming this season, the rest of the guys have done their part.

Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????:lr

BTW I'm waiting on that pm ;)

RRocket
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Not to encourage this any longer but to answer your question: '00 Ravens, '02 Bucs, '07 Giants

Oh and Tebow!?!? Are you kidding??? I remember earlier this season you wanted Brunell, ok that's silly but TEBOW???????????:lr

BTW I'm waiting on that pm ;)

Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..

ujponds
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Tebows first 3 complete game starts are roughly equivalent to Sanchez' first 3 pro starts, stat-wise. And there is little debate that Tebow's team is much worse than Sanchez's first year Jets. Sanchez definitely had an easier rookie year becuase of the quality team around him than Tebows does. Tebows team is terrible..

Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

I would expect people to say the Jets should go after Kevin Kolb or Mcnabb or someone along those lines, but Tebow?? That is just arguing for argument sake.

RRocket
01-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Haha ok, lets revisit this when he gets a complete season as a starter under his belt.

It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.

TheRiddick
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
It won't be really a good comparison. Again...the Jets are a much better team than the Broncos. Sanchez already had a fairly high quality team to help him along. Tebow definitely does not have the same advantage with his POS team.

:banger

ujponds
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
OK haters, 3TDS, no picks, no sacks, 127.3 passer rating. . . That is all

massphatness
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Congrats to the Jets! I don't particularly have a rooting interest in your team, but next week it would give me so much pleasure to have you serve up a steaming hot cup of STFU to the Boston-area sports radio blathering boobs who speak as if Christ Himself has already annointed the Patriots as Super Bowl champions.

THIS

I can't wait to listen to a few Boston sports talk radio guys fall all over themselves making excuses tomorrow. Their arrogant, smug, entitled attitude has grated on me all season long. It will be extremely gratifying to see them eat crow.

It's too bad -- I could actually like the Pats were it not for these clowns.

longknocker
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Congrats On The Win; Let's See If You Can Beat Pitt. Now.;)

fhrblig
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately. :r

ujponds
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Sanchez has never not taken the Jets to the AFC Championship game.

He's clearly terrible. The Jets should totally cut him immediately. :r

:tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
I'd like to see a Jets vs. Bears super bowl:2

gurusix
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Great game, I am no Randy Moss fan but I bet Bellichick would have loved to have Moss out there as a decoy. What was hailed as a great move may have costs have another shot at the title. Got to be able to stretch the field!

kelmac07
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Great game by the Jets. Just don't see them beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

longknocker
01-16-2011, 06:14 PM

I Agree!:tu

Blueface
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM

I Agree!:tu

Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.

Volusianator
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Being a Packer fan, I really, really, really wanted to see the Jets win, I'd take our chances over them 10x over testing the metal of the Patriots. That being said, I'm not sure that I can see the Jets beating the Steelers. Either way, I didn't see the Jets winning tonight, not at all.

EricF
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM

And no one thought they would beat the Pats either!!!!!

icehog3
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Not a Jets fan but let's get real.

Same could have been said about the Colts game.

Then the same could have been said about the Patriots game.

If the same team shows up, lookout Pittsburgh.

Exactly....how can you watch the Jets beat up the Pats, and then say "they won't beat the Steelers"? They have a legitimate shot at going to the Super Bowl, they proved that the last 2 weeks. And I ain't a Jets fan either. :2

ujponds
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.
I never expected anything of the Jets the last two years, and I think they're winning at a much higher percentage than I'd have ever guessed. I just don't think they're playing to their potential, or at least to their supposed potential.
The song that the talking heads and sportswriters were singing prior to this year's startup was that they were heavily favored to take the Super Bowl this year. Same thing last year.
Like I mentioned earlier, that's my rub. I think they're playing right at a level where they should be, and probably winning at a higher percentage than they should be. I don't think the club is all that incredibly stacked or super talented. A couple key injuries and a couple bad bounces and they're a 6 or 7 win club. I do have to concede that they took away some games that looked lost. I should probably give them more credit for that.
I'm really starting to fear that The Dirty is more likely to wash out than become a marquee quarterback. That's a bummer for me, cause I like the kid.
I suppose I'm just jealous cause of all the press they got that I felt was
misplaced. :)
I tell ya what, if they so much as put up a fight against Brady next week, I'll eat my words. :D

;)

MedicCook
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice game Jets. :tu

TheRiddick
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
That prevent defense at the end was a concern. Special teams did great despite Brad Smith's absence, I hope he plays next week. Good game plan by Ryan and staff, the look on Belichik's face as he left the field was priceless, maybe now he'll realize that taunting the opposition in a blow-out game is not a good idea...

RRocket
01-17-2011, 02:28 AM
That prevent defense at the end was a concern. Special teams did great despite Brad Smith's absence, I hope he plays next week. Good game plan by Ryan and staff, the look on Belichik's face as he left the field was priceless, maybe now he'll realize that taunting the opposition in a blow-out game is not a good idea...

I'm pretty sure he doesn't gives a $hit. Maybe when the Jets get to the Super Bowl more than once in the last 40 years (and maybe win one) he'll start to care. Until then I'm sure he'll just write it off as a "fluke" or a bad game by his club...

In case you haven't figured it out yet, there isn't much that bothers Belichik...

Blueface
01-17-2011, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't gives a $hit. Maybe when the Jets get to the Super Bowl more than once in the last 40 years (and maybe win one) he'll start to care. Until then I'm sure he'll just write it off as a "fluke" or a bad game by his club...

In case you haven't figured it out yet, there isn't much that bothers Belichik...

Seems "a fluke" follows good ole Bill in the NY area. Heck, wasn't it a fluke that ruined his perfect season at the hands of my Giants?
Best record in football, number one seed, foiled again by NY.:D

massphatness
01-17-2011, 06:59 AM
That prevent defense at the end was a concern.

You remind me of me. I'm a lifelong Bills fan, and even when they were doing well (which seems like eons ago), I was always full of the 'Yeah, buts'

YOUR TEAM WON, DUDE! They just beat the number one seed in the AFC on the road; a team that had the best record in football this year, and a team that was double digit favorites to win as well as the odds on favorite to take the Super Bowl. Today is not a day for "Yeah buts". Today is a day to rejoice in your team. You should be printing out pictures of Rex Ryan, Santonio Holmes, Shaun Ellis and (God forbid) Mark Sanchez, laying them on your bed and rolling around naked on them while you giggle like a school girl who's just had her first kiss. Relish this moment. There are fans of 29 other teams who would gladly trade places with you right now.

fhrblig
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
That prevent defense at the end was a concern.

I hate the prevent defense. I wish there was a way to make it illegal. Or at least punishable by severe beating. :sl

VTDragon
01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Congrats to the Jets and all their fans. I never thought Ryan's boys could pull it off but you beat the Pats in every phase of the game. No excuses, no ifs, ands or buts, the Pats just got beat.
The only good thing I can see about it is it intensifies this rivalry even more. Just like when the Sox finally won in 04 thus making the Sox /Yankee rivalry legitimate, (both sides need to have won before a rivalry can be considered real from both perspectives), this win makes what had been a rivalry based upon personalities and personnel movement between the franchises absolutely real to the players on both teams for a long time to come.

TheRiddick
01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
You remind me of me. I'm a lifelong Bills fan, and even when they were doing well (which seems like eons ago), I was always full of the 'Yeah, buts'

YOUR TEAM WON, DUDE! They just beat the number one seed in the AFC on the road; a team that had the best record in football this year, and a team that was double digit favorites to win as well as the odds on favorite to take the Super Bowl. Today is not a day for "Yeah buts". Today is a day to rejoice in your team. You should be printing out pictures of Rex Ryan, Santonio Holmes, Shaun Ellis and (God forbid) Mark Sanchez, laying them on your bed and rolling around naked on them while you giggle like a school girl who's just had her first kiss. Relish this moment. There are fans of 29 other teams who would gladly trade places with you right now.

Vin,

Not sure how you read all that into my post above... Am I happy and glad? Absolutely! Not that they need to win 2 more games, still, before I can really celebrate (and I'll be in NY for the next 6 weeks, I hope they win it all!).

massphatness
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm psychic like that. :D

RRocket
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Seems "a fluke" follows good ole Bill in the NY area. Heck, wasn't it a fluke that ruined his perfect season at the hands of my Giants?
Best record in football, number one seed, foiled again by NY.:D

You mean the same Giants that haven't made the playoffs for the last 2 years?

shilala
01-19-2011, 07:17 AM
;)
Consider them ate. :tu
After that showing against New England, I'm actually concerned about them coming to Pittsburgh this weekend.

Blueface
01-20-2011, 08:59 AM
You mean the same Giants that haven't made the playoffs for the last 2 years?

Yup.
Same one.
However, still leaving that dream of ruining the perfect season as NE is still living the nightmare.;)

BTW, if shots are in order, I prefer to be the wild card and beat an undefeated team In the Super Bowl or end up 10-6, just missing the playoffs as happened this year, to a team with same record than once again, be the best team in football and choke, yet once again, to yet another NY team.

DBall
01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Consider them ate. :tu
After that showing against New England, I'm actually concerned about them coming to Pittsburgh this weekend.

One can only hope that the same team that beat the Pats shows up against the Steelers... I, for one, am quite excited for Sunday!!!

TheRiddick
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
One can only hope that the same team that beat the Pats shows up against the Steelers... I, for one, am quite excited for Sunday!!!

They did show up against Steelers once this season already, didn't they? As the game went this past Sunday I kept thinking that maybe, just maybe Ryan deliberately "tanked" the 45-3 game to set NE up... Naaah, can't be, it would be too good to be true...

RRocket
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Yup.
Same one.
However, still leaving that dream of ruining the perfect season as NE is still living the nightmare.;)

BTW, if shots are in order, I prefer to be the wild card and beat an undefeated team In the Super Bowl or end up 10-6, just missing the playoffs as happened this year, to a team with same record than once again, be the best team in football and choke, yet once again, to yet another NY team.

So you're saying you'd rather not make the play-offs at all rather than lose in the 2nd round (after a bye)??

Seems an odd way to root for your team..

Blueface
01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
The former NY'r in me says GO JETS!

elderboy02
01-23-2011, 04:35 PM
I am rooting for the Jets tonight because I cannot stand the dirty Steelers. Go Jets!!!!

Blueface
01-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Why if they won the toss, they gave the Steelers the ball to start the game?

qwerty1500
01-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Why if they won the toss, they gave the Steelers the ball to start the game?

They wanted to show off their defense for 27 minutes.

TonySmith
01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
you guys got a plan B?

TonySmith
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Nice pass play

longknocker
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Nice pass play

At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!:tu

TonySmith
01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!:tu

Yeah, It looks like Jets have made a few adjustments

elderboy02
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I swear, the Jets clock management is as bad as the Bengals. I mean seriously, why waste so much time in the 2nd half?

shilala
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Tough loss, guys. I gotta hand it to the Jets, they made it a game in the second half.

shilala
01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
They wanted to show off their defense for 27 minutes.

Lolzers. :r

ujponds
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! :) If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

Poor game management.... Shotty has to go!!!!

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!

elderboy02
01-24-2011, 05:10 AM

That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.

ujponds
01-24-2011, 06:54 AM
That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.

Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!

elderboy02
01-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!

I agree with you on that. Phil Sims (who I can't stand, by the way) even said "I would call 2 running plays" and then Sanchez passes it on the 1st play :confused: and then they run it when everyone is expecting them to on the 2nd play :bh

Tuxguy
01-24-2011, 07:21 AM
what happened?????????????:sl;s

DBall
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...

jonumberone
01-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...

Because Rex Loves his Defense!

I think not going for the onside was the right call, especially with 3 TO's left.
If the D stops them your looking at getting the ball back with 2 min left.
Better off playing the field position game in that scenario.

Parshooter
01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Five bucks the Sanchez kid picks his nose.

Ten bucks he eats it.

hotreds
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Ten bucks he eats it.

Who: Sanchez or his kid?

shilala
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Ten bucks he eats it.
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game. :r

shilala
01-24-2011, 10:49 AM
The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! :) If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit. :D

ucla695
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game. :r

I caught both of those. :r

ujponds
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit. :D

Well said. I like the Steelers and love Tomlin, I think he is a level guy and it comes through in his coaching. I wish you luck in the big game, although I want Rodgers to win one and get out of Favre's shadow. Hopefully we can get a rematch next year.

RRocket
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey...not much chatter in here about Sanchez hooking up with a 17 year old high school girl. I guess he likes jailbait.

Discuss!!

:)

ujponds
02-10-2011, 08:03 PM
17= legal

You're just jealous ;)

jonumberone
06-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I heard on the radio today:

With the Bruins winning the cup yesterday, it makes the Pats the team from Boston that has gone the longest since its last championship.

I thought that might brighten up a Jets fan's day :D

TheRiddick
06-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I heard on the radio today:

With the Bruins winning the cup yesterday, it makes the Pats the team from Boston that has gone the longest since its last championship.

I thought that might brighten up a Jets fan's day :D

Sure. And may Pats wait just as long as Bruins did, no issues here.

ujponds
08-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok boys! New season, high expectations! Let the trash talk begin!

EricF
08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Answer this if you can. Why let Cotchery go and hope for Derick Mason????

I am confused!!!

ujponds
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Answer this if you can. Why let Cotchery go and hope for Derick Mason????

I am confused!!!

He asked to be released or traded after last season knowing he was never going to be the #2 receiver. The Jets were actually trying to show a little appreciation for all of his work by releasing him early enough to get picked up by another team and get work in their system.

5th round pick Kerley is showing a lot of potential in the slot so far.

EricF
08-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I think he would have been a better go to in case Santonio or Plax needed rest or went down. Especially since Plax's ankle issues have popped up again.

ujponds
08-06-2011, 05:34 AM
I agree. he was also a strong presence in the locker room and that is something that can't be replaced. On the field his health has been an issue in the past two years and he is not getting any younger. He has good hands, but I wouldn't say he is a special talent that can't be replaced.

ujponds
09-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Game one in the books. Jets got lucky, but a win is a win. Many thanks to Tony Romo ;)

Blak Smyth
09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Thank you Jets for beating those stupid cowgirls!!!

Remo
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Nothing like watching the Cowboys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...again. They need to dump Romo NOW!!!!!

Virginia_Ghost
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Looking at it objectively, Romo beats Sanchez as the Jets' MVP for that game.

DBall
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Game one in the books. Jets got lucky, but a win is a win. Many thanks to Tony Romo ;)

Indeed...

Thank you Jets for beating those stupid cowgirls!!!

Indeed again...

TheRiddick
09-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Sanchez is still the reason Jets is not a SuperBowl team and won't be until heis replaced. I could have connected on a number of passes last night and I am a soccer player. When you have a 6"6 receiver and only throw his way towards the end of the game your mental state is clearly not one for a QB. Still have no idea why I am Jets for the past 30 odd years, the team seems to find every and each way not to be a winner.

The Poet
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
If you recall, the Jets pulled 5 or 6 wins out of their rears in the final seconds last season also. Maybe they should sit Sanchez until the 2-minute mark! :D

ujponds
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
If you recall, the Jets pulled 5 or 6 wins out of their rears in the final seconds last season also. Maybe they should sit Sanchez until the 2-minute mark! :D

There is some truth to that. Sanchez definitely player much better in pressure situations, going forward Shotty should have him running the no huddle earlier in the game. That would help the O-line a lot more also, they were getting pushed around the whole game.

ujponds
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Sanchez is still the reason Jets is not a SuperBowl team and won't be until heis replaced. I could have connected on a number of passes last night and I am a soccer player. When you have a 6"6 receiver and only throw his way towards the end of the game your mental state is clearly not one for a QB. Still have no idea why I am Jets for the past 30 odd years, the team seems to find every and each way not to be a winner.

I have no idea why you are a "Jets fan" either, no matter how they play you are unhappy. I'm starting to think you are the reason they are not a super bowl team.

TheRiddick
09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
... no matter how they play ...

No matter how they play? I only see ONE KIND of play from them, getting lucky instead of dictating play, care to name another way?

Seems I am not the only one harping on Sanchez, reporters/sports writers are also doing same, but I guess we are watching a different Jets team than you are. Are you watching the games in Photoshop mode? Shame its not available for the rest of us fake Jets fans...

ujponds
09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
No matter how they play? I only see ONE KIND of play from them, getting lucky instead of dictating play, care to name another way?

Seems I am not the only one harping on Sanchez, reporters/sports writers are also doing same, but I guess we are watching a different Jets team than you are. Are you watching the games in Photoshop mode? Shame its not available for the rest of us fake Jets fans...

Whatever Dude. You clearly hate Sanchez and will never feel differently, I am not going to start the season going back and forth arguing with your nonsensical points about how Sanchez is a cancer to the Jets.

There is a lot more to the team than the QB. If you want to talk about weak spots how about their trouble covering opposing team's tight ends or their weakness at right offensive tackle.

I'm tired of hearing your pessimism. Since Rex and Sanchez took over they have been to the post season twice and made it to the championship twice, all on the road. In my book that is a pretty good run. Hopefully this season they take another step forward and lock up the division and a home playoff game.

You have to come to terms with the fact that this is how they win. They have been doing it pretty successfully for the past two years and hopefully they will pcontinue to all the way to the SB. Of course I wish Sanchez would take the field and dominate like Brady and Manning, but they are in a class of their own.

However ugly these wins may be, in the end it's the record that matters. Enough with your constant misery already.

ujponds
09-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I'll be the first to say of, Sanchez looks horrible this first half. I don't think I'll go as far as to say The Jets will never win a Super Bowl with him at QB, hopefully he'll get it together in the second half.

The O line looks BAD! They can't get the running game established and Sanchez is running for his life AGAIN!

DBall
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Didn't get to see the game at all, just the score. I guess that's one way to keep one's self happy. :)

TheRiddick
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Didn't get to see the game at all, just the score. I guess that's one way to keep one's self happy. :)

You missed an incredible performance by Sanchez, I tell you! Just incredible! Good thing the rest of the team showed up to play...

Given the game today, Oakland game looks the usual crap shoot for Jets next week. Especially if their main receivers recover.

shilala
09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
It appears Forbes has rated The Dirty the most over-paid player in football (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/backyard/forbes_magazine_new_york_jets_qb_mark_sanchez_name d_the_most_overpaid_player_in_the_nfl/6948796?refmod=backyard).
I have personally rated Forbes the most worthless rag on the planet, and I'm not even a Jets fan. I did pass up my free trial issue and have chosen to stare at the ceiling rather than read it in the doctor's office, so there's that.

They do raise a point about his lackluster completion %age and passer rating, but he's a perfect fit for the Jets, and he's a damn good ball player. At almost 15 million this year, he should definately kiss his agent on the mouth. I'm not sure how much of that is performance based and how much is guaranteed, either. Forbes didn't likely take that into account, I'm guessing.

Resipsa
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Just thought I'd stop by to read up on my favorite franchise, future hall of famer qb.

TheRiddick
10-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Just thought I'd stop by to read up on my favorite franchise, future hall of famer qb.

Haven't you heard, Sanchez is the bestest!!! EVER!!! Don't you dare even think he is not!!! Superbowl, I tell you, nothing but... A QB who cannot hold the frigging ball from snap nor catch one (this is not a baseball traveling 90MPH at you, Mark, you should catch it under any conditions) should go find another line of work.

At least Ryan is now off his meds, most of them, anyway, it seems and doesn't make boastful claims any longer, so the hope is he will do the right thing by writing off this season as a rebuilding project and work on getting a decent QB for the future. Miami is the only real chance, it seems, of getting a W or 2 this season.

The only consolation is a much easier schedule next season, save for those Pats/Bills games they must play regardless.

ujponds
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Well that was a pretty piss poor showing by Sanchez and if he doesn't get it together he could find himself on the way out. Now I'm not trying to defend him because 4 turnovers is unacceptable, but if they don't fix the O line issues and terrible, terrible play calling it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

I wouldn't say it is time to scrap the season after game 4. I also wouldn't scrap anyone's career after a few bad games. If this trend continues than yes, but it's not time to hit the panic button just yet.

For someone that hates Sanchez soooo much it seems to be all that you have to talk about. I'll bet you had a smile on your face the whole game last night. I've never met a fan that routes for their own team to lose just so they can say " told you so". Congrats the Jets lost, you got your wish!!

TheRiddick
10-03-2011, 03:25 PM
No, I did not smile, even ONCE, last night. Have no idea what's with your POV on this, you still insist that any fan noticing OBVIOUS PROBLEMS, is not a fan. WHATEVER. I am a realist, I guess you're not.

Sanchez had a few "bad games"? Like I said before, you must be watching Jets games on Photoshop Channel, with rose colored glasses on, to boot, to reinforce the effect. Bad games wise, how about since Day 1 of him joining Jets? Right now, he is a cancer on the field, but I guess you really don't mind Jets loosing games which they can win. Should win. Any team now knows all they have to do is worry about the Jets' running game since Sanchez is usually the best player on the opposing team when he starts airing the ball. And judging by last night's game, at snaps as well. Ever hear of "peripheral vision"? Yeah, that little thing Sanchez is lacking. And lack of accurate arm with open receivers.. And inability to catch a snapped ball any HS quarterback would catch... And... And... And... So, how many "Ands..." does it take to understand Sanchez is the cancer right now, and not a solution. Never was, IMO.

You ever play sports? Doesn't take much time to evaluate a player. Took me, oh, 2-3 games of his first season. It takes HEART to play this game, Sanchez has none. There is no reason to evaluate any further. He should fit well on some girls team and even then would get beat up badly.

Consider me not a true Jets fan, then...

ujponds
10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
It seems the only obvious problem you ever see is Sanchez. I am tired of going back and forth with the Sanchez debate. Yes, he is not great. Yes, he has ALOT more to prove. Yes, it is very unnerving that it seems he has taken a step back. However, as I have said before I AM NOT SANCHEZ'S BIGGEST FAN, but get over your ego and give credit where credit is due. To say he has never done anything on the field is ridiculous! Did you watch the playoffs the past two years??? Maybe not because you always seem to be mysteriously absent if he has a good game.

How about discussing something OTHER than Sanchez just once? You act like you are some "experienced expert" and you have been a Jets fan for what 30 years? Why is it that you have nothing else to add other than complaining about Sanchez? Have YOU ever played sports? Do you understand how one position can be affected by other positions? Do you understand how much of a factor chemistry plays in sports? When you did play sports did you scrap your season ifyou had a weakness at a certain position?

Do you have anything to add that isn't Sanchez related? You realize there are 21 other starters right?

As far as my rose colored glasses are concerned, I am a fan of the Jets. When I watch games I watch the Jets not just the qb. I go into every season, game with hope that they will win and until the clock hits 00 I continue to have hope. What is the point of watching if that is not how you feel?

TheRiddick
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
How about discussing something OTHER than Sanchez just once? You act like you are some "experienced expert" and you have been a Jets fan for what 30 years? Why is it that you have nothing else to add other than complaining about Sanchez? Have YOU ever played sports? Do you understand how one position can be affected by other positions? Do you understand how much of a factor chemistry plays in sports? When you did play sports did you scrap your season ifyou had a weakness at a certain position?

Do you have anything to add that isn't Sanchez related? You realize there are 21 other starters right?

As far as my rose colored glasses are concerned, I am a fan of the Jets. When I watch games I watch the Jets not just the qb. I go into every season, game with hope that they will win and until the clock hits 00 I continue to have hope. What is the point of watching if that is not how you feel?

Have no idea if you ever watched Ken O'Brien back in the day. He was knocked senseless pretty often due to front line not giving him protection, much worse protection Sanchez is getting these days on top of rules back then not protecting QBs as much as today. Yet, he got up every time with fire in his eyes to drive the team further. Pennigton, not physically gifted, but he made the team play that much better and harder. Sanchez? Oh, my nose got broken last week, wah... wah... wah... mommy, hold my hands please... What a *****... How can anyone on that team play up to their potential when they have a ***** for a QB? Tell me. Please.

Yeah, I know a bit about sports, been in sports all my life, you name it. Basketball, volleyball, swim team, soccer. Although declined to join HS wrestling team, just not my thing. Stopped playing competitive soccer ~2 years ago when my MCL got damaged in a game, but yeah, up until then was playing against college soccer guys (UC Davis & Berkeley soccer teams) without much strain and beating them, while being ~20 years older. So, yeah I think I know a bit about sports and what it takes to play.

Sure, football is a team sport, yet I dare you to show me one team going all the way with a QB that has no HEART. It all starts with a QB and trickles down the line. When your supposed leader plays like a girl and without heart your own play making is affected, BIG TIME, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Been there, done that. Without a leader there is no winning. When a QB doesn't play, the rest of the team alters their playmaking as they second guess what the hell is going to happen on the next play, will the idiot actually grab the ball on the snap or not, will the idiot throw to an opposing player or not, will the idiot fumble the ball or not... EVERYTHING TRICKLES DOWN at that point and the entire team is affected.

If you still don't understand how QBs playmaking affects the rest of the team and to what extent, there is not much left to discuss.

And yes, when I played against better players/teams it only fired me up all the more to play better. Not go to the sideline with indifference. Regardless if I hurt my pinkie or not on prior play. Sanchez is CANCER and it is a waste of time to discuss any and all positions at this time since HE affects everything that happens on the field. Defense compensated last night, as much as they could. I could give you a good count of times when we had open receivers and the idiot threw into coverage instead or worse yet, fumbled the ball unable to grab it from the snapper.

I guess we're talking different things and levels here, it is obvious you are just a fan and haven't really played seriously at any level. Read some of the sports writers in today's papers, my take on this is not that much different than theirs. Not that I need nor am I looking for "validation" of my views.

Chalk this season as done, we won't make playoffs IMO. Like I said before, at least next season we'll have a chance to make play-offs with much easier schedule. Hopefully, we'll even have a chance at grabbing a real QB in the draft. That's the only upside so far to this season. Tannenbaum is usually shrewd in his deal making, not the past 2-3 years, though, when they grabbed Sanchez and let go of Washington, Woody and others.

Anyway, we obviously see the game very differently. Seems you are content with the so called QB we got. Good for you. Just keep extending that Photoshop Channel, its obviously a much more enjoyable way to watch Jets, especially this season.

Do I hope Jets will win a SP? You bet! Main reason I am so charged up with Sanchez, most any other QB would do for us this year... Hell, anyone who could actually grab a ball at snap would do...

Been nice talking to you, a true Jets fan. Not like the rest of us, plastic ones. Looking forward to becoming a true Jets fan myself, just need to call my cable provider to sign up for that Photoshop Channel.

Time for a stogie and mojito. Over and out...

ujponds
10-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Haha!! Don't even know how to respond to that... any of it! Well done Sir ;)

OLS
04-29-2013, 02:22 PM
OK, maybe some sunshine is finally going to land on the JETS. Congratulations in your pickup of Chris Ivory!
You don't know what you have YET, but you will see. My hope is that he starts for you immediately and you
can see the toughest, baddest runner, pound for pound in the NFL. We in New Orleans have been crying out loud
for JUSTICE for the boy. We have so many good backs in NO that poor ole Ivory never gets to play. but when he
DOES play, he runs over, through and around people. PERSONALLY I wish we had dumped that tired ole never-was
out of Alabama, Mark Ingram. You talk about the black Tim Tebow. He sucks as a runner for NO. If we had
sent HIM to you and KEPT Ivory, I'd be a lot happier right now. But I am happy for the Jets, cause you picked a
REAL gold nugget out of a barrel of rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaR1OWcg_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4DQazOVkk :58 mark of the clip

hotreds
04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
The Jets just released a statement: "We'd like to apologize to our loyal fans for our actions over the last season. We realize that you've come to expect us to steer clear of players with a history of overachieving and high moral character. After this year-long experiment showed an incompatibility with our historical team strategy, we've decided to move on and return to a culture of low standards and troubled personalities on our roster."

The Poet
04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
The Jets just released a statement.

They also just released Tebow, which is another statement. :r

OLS
10-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Told you... ;)

OK, maybe some sunshine is finally going to land on the JETS. Congratulations in your pickup of Chris Ivory!
You don't know what you have YET, but you will see. My hope is that he starts for you immediately and you
can see the toughest, baddest runner, pound for pound in the NFL. We in New Orleans have been crying out loud
for JUSTICE for the boy. We have so many good backs in NO that poor ole Ivory never gets to play. but when he
DOES play, he runs over, through and around people. PERSONALLY I wish we had dumped that tired ole never-was
out of Alabama, Mark Ingram. You talk about the black Tim Tebow. He sucks as a runner for NO. If we had
sent HIM to you and KEPT Ivory, I'd be a lot happier right now. But I am happy for the Jets, cause you picked a

OLS
10-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Told you... ;) (4-29-2013)

icehog3
10-18-2015, 05:51 PM
I thought Winnipeg lost today..... :confused: :ih