PDA

View Full Version : Any of you inmates heading to IPCPR?

guado
07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I figured some of you may be on parole and will be heading out there...

Just trying to see who may land in NOLA this year.

Eleven
07-19-2010, 02:50 PM
IDK WTF IPCPR and NOLA R.

guado
07-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Then you probably aren't going. :D

warren G.
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
I'd love to go...but don't you need a pass? Plus I live 10 mins away from the convention center.

guado
07-19-2010, 03:09 PM
You definitely need a pass. I'll be stumbling around NO for a week or so. hahaha

warren G.
07-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh okay..well if anybody want to get together or got any questions about the city. Just shoot me a pm.

thebayratt
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I shall be there deffinately tues-thurs.
Maybe all week depending upon the other guys going with me.

I live about an hour or so from NOLA so its not a big thing for me to head to NOLA and hang out for a weekend or so. But for IPCPR........ thats a totally different creature!

Darrell
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I was going to go, but I decided to save my money for a different trip this year.

MiamiE
07-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Any link to this event?

pnoon
07-19-2010, 05:42 PM
IDK WTF IPCPR and NOLA R.

Scott, Whether you are going or not, the IPCPR is the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers convention.
NOLA is New Orleans, Louisiana.

Cheers.

Eleven
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
scott, whether you are going or not, the ipcpr is the international premium cigar & pipe retailers convention.
Nola is new orleans, louisiana.

Cheers.

o. Ic.

Ty.

S.

pnoon
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
o. Ic.

Ty.

S.

NP ;)

lilcgrsmkr
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
what is IPCPR? i a new in this group..:)

Darrell
07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
what is IPCPR? i a new in this group..:)

International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Convention.

Peter mentioned that above. ;)

CheapHumidors
07-20-2010, 08:28 AM
I'll be there! I look forward to meeting y'all IRL lol

gmiranda33
07-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I will be there monday - friday.

E-Tx Surveyor
07-20-2010, 04:05 PM
That sounds awesome, hope all y'all stay safe and have a great time.

cort
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I got an invite from a good buddy which includes housing and a ticket to the show. Now I gotta figure out how to pay for airfare:xxx

jsnake
07-22-2010, 07:09 PM
I will be there and am hoping to meet some of you guys.

Stinky
07-25-2010, 06:50 PM
We'll be there!

One of the most popular cigar bars everybody goes to after the show is:

Don Leoncio Cigars
430 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

It's walking distance from the convention hall. And, it gets really crowded after the show . . . especially late after dinner & private events. There are a lot of cigar parties planned. Most are by invitation for retailers.

thebayratt
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
We'll be there!

One of the most popular cigar bars everybody goes to after the show is:

Don Leoncio Cigars
430 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

It's walking distance from the convention hall. And, it gets really crowded after the show . . . especially late after dinner & private events. There are a lot of cigar parties planned. Most are by invitation for retailers.

A great place to catch a good cigar and drink!
I went there a month ago and had a nice time. Never been there in the evening, will have to try that out a time or three.

lilcgrsmkr
07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
thank you:) im new at this so still trying to figure out how to reply, etc..
:)

PortlandCigarClub
07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm looking forward to going. This will be my first time. I'd love to meet any of you while you're there and herf with you.

Stinky
07-30-2010, 11:33 PM
IPCPR is an amazing display of everything "cigar" . . . all the manufactures, growers, distributors, etc. 300,000 square feet convention hall all dressed up to be CIGAR LAND! I used to get a pass when it was in Las Vegas before introducing the Stinky Cigar Ashtray in 2004. Now, I get to go each year. It's worth the effort. And, if you can't get a pass to the show, at least go to enjoy all the after parties.

Why don't one of you NOLA locals pick a night and set up a Herf? I suggest Wednesday evening at Don Leoncio Cigars - 430 Canal Street. The show closed at 5:00 but by time they go to dinner and get to Don Leoncio's, it's 8:00 PM. Someone needs to make up a Cigar Asylum poster and get there early to hold down a table. Or, you could all wear funny hats! :)

stewshi
07-31-2010, 12:50 AM
ahhhh NOLA what a great time from what I can and what my taste buds can remember

Stinky
07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Here's another big HERF during the IPCPR convention week:

Wednesday, August 11th . . . evening hours(?)
5535 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, Louisiana

This one is being hosted by Jerry Cruz from Stogy Review. He said there will be Lots of Free cigar Stuff. LINK (http://www.stogiereview.com/2010-twitter-botl-cocktail-hour/) Stogy Review (http://www.stogiereview.com)

So, maybe we should meet Monday or Tuesday? Keep in mind Thursday is the last day of the show and most people are booked to leave that afternoon/evening. Not me, I leave Saturday 8/7/10.

jsnake
08-01-2010, 01:24 PM

New Orleans, Louisiana

This one is being hosted by Jerry Cruz from Stogy Review. He said there will be Lots of Free cigar Stuff. LINK (http://www.stogiereview.com/2010-twitter-botl-cocktail-hour/) Stogy Review (http://www.stogiereview.com)

So, maybe we should meet Monday or Tuesday? Keep in mind Thursday is the last day of the show and most people are booked to leave that afternoon/evening. Not me, I leave Saturday 8/7/10.

This is the Twitter Brother of The Leaf Cocktail Hour and you had to be one of the first 50 registered to guarantee a goody bag full of sticks. I think they are throwing together some giveaways and stuff for guys who weren't in the first 50 to sign up or can't make it to IPCPR.

If you guys decide on a Monday or Tuesday night get together post it up. I am going to be there Sunday to Thursday. Can't wait.

leafandale
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM

New Orleans, Louisiana

If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to have a ticket for this event as well. Oh, and to answer the original question: Yes, I'll be there

Chainsaw13
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Go to Dragos for dinner. it's not that far from Don Leoncio's shop. Get the charbroiled oysters.

Dos Jefe's is a great little locals bar. Nice place to sit back and smoke a cigar while listening to some jazz music. Last time I was there it rained so hard outside, the water was covering the sidewalk. Made for a fun dash to the car.

BengalMan
08-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I'll be there Sunday-Friday. Stop by the Oliva booth and say what's up if your walking around the show.

CheapHumidors
08-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I can't tell y'all how excited I am. Our company has obviously gone every year but it's my first time in NOLA and my first time at IPCPR. I'm looking forward to exploring the city and meeting all y'all BOTLs!

Plus, our CEO is coming with me and he knows all the good party spots he says lol.

Chainsaw13
08-02-2010, 10:38 AM
If you need a place to stay, I know of two really nice B&B's just outside the FQ. Ashton's or HH Whitney House. Both are on Esplanade and are cigar friendly (outside of course).

Walt
08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to have a ticket for this event as well. Oh, and to answer the original question: Yes, I'll be there

Tickets are available on the website and are free. Dos Jefes can only hold 100 people (from what we are told) so we had to put some sort of system in place so that we didn't accidentally over-fill it.

While the first 50 get press kits, all 100 people will be getting some cigars. In addition we will also be doing give-aways for people who can't make it to New Orleans.

Ticket info: http://www.stogiereview.com/2010-twitter-botl-cocktail-hour/

CheapHumidors
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Tickets are available on the website and are free. Dos Jefes can only hold 100 people (from what we are told) so we had to put some sort of system in place so that we didn't accidentally over-fill it.

While the first 50 get press kits, all 100 people will be getting some cigars. In addition we will also be doing give-aways for people who can't make it to New Orleans.

looks like the press kit registration is sold out but I registered for the non-press kit. Sounds like a good event!

marge796
08-02-2010, 01:30 PM
I got an invite from a good buddy which includes housing and a ticket to the show. Now I gotta figure out how to pay for airfare:xxx

I'd walk if I had your offer of a "FREE" ticket and a place to rest my head.

That's just me though.

Chris.....

leafandale
08-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Not at 100 yet? The way it sounds on Twitter, there's going to be 1200 people there! I wondered how big the place was...

darkleeroy
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Wish I could go, but since I haven't been in the industry for two years already, there's pretty much no chance for me to go. Plus NOLA, 'nuff said.

Walt
08-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Not at 100 yet? The way it sounds on Twitter, there's going to be 1200 people there! I wondered how big the place was...

We are close to the 100 ticket maximum and are expecting several manufacturers and reps, which aren't included in the ticket numbers. We are also expecting a fair number of people just coming out.

We've more than doubled the size of the event over last year. It should be a lot of fun.

guado
08-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Well it has begun! Hung out at Don Leoncio yesterday afternoon and had to pleasure of speaking with Jose Oliva for a little while. Also was able to sit down and talk with Abe and Juan for a couple hours. Talked about their new PDR blends and realized how awesome and down to earth those guys are!

TripleF
08-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Nice Eddie!

Stinky
08-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Went to Dos Jeffe's. . . and, it was very crowded. Great turnout with impressive number of (big name) cigar executives! We'll be looking for another (even bigger) turn-out next year in Las Vegas. Plan to attend! This has some great potential!

ucubed
08-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I was looking for a thread like this... S0leful0ne, scottishsmoker, myself and pf721 are all here

Blueface
08-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Go to Dragos for dinner. it's not that far from Don Leoncio's shop. Get the charbroiled oysters.

Metairie.......Drago's.........I think of 17th St?
Man I love that place.
My car drives itself there from the Marriott right on the lake a few blocks away.
I dare anyone to try to eat less than a dozen.
I usually do at least two dozens by myself and thank goodness a dozen is a baker's dozen and I get that 13th one.:D
I have yet to find any Oyster, anywhere, that tastes anywhere as good as Drago's.

guado
08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I was looking for a thread like this... S0leful0ne, scottishsmoker, myself and pf721 are all here

I saw S0leful0ne one there on wednesday briefly. I felt like an ass cause I was waiting for the rep and he got attacked by 3 of his accounts. Between waiting on him to finally be done I had to run across the floor and didnt have a chance to talk. Sucked. Oh well. wish I had your guys' #'s. We were out with Rocky till 5am that night.

thebayratt
08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I saw Stinky there and probly a few others.. just didn't recognize them~

Was a good show and really enjoyed the herfs and parties the evening time....

ucubed
08-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Aldrin and myself finally got to meet Ian at Oliva. We also met Stinky at Dos Jefes at the TBOTL cocktail hour on Wednesday with Old Boar

guado
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Aldrin and myself finally got to meet Ian at Oliva. We also met Stinky at Dos Jefes at the TBOTL cocktail hour on Wednesday with Old Boar

Did you get hooked up with an Oliva bag with goodies? :banger

warren G.
08-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Aww man..I really wish I wasn't so busy this week. I hope Stinky and all my fellow BOTL had a good time in New Orleans. Drago's is pretty darn good. There's a real nice B&M by there, sometime I would drop by after a great meal @ Drago's.

thebayratt
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Then more than likely you saw or probly met me... I spent most the time at the bar bc it was getting pretty crowded in the back..

guado
08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I never found the Viaje booth while there. I was kinda upset.

Although Dion did hook it up with a CANDELA Holy Lance. Blast of cinnamon. Totally weird but awesome! LOL

thebayratt
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
I never found the Viaje booth while there. I was kinda upset.

Although Dion did hook it up with a CANDELA Holy Lance. Blast of cinnamon. Totally weird but awesome! LOL

Viaje was right across the aisles from Dion.... Between Dion, Gran Habano, and Kristoff. Right across from the 7-20-4 Cigars.
We got a good interview with him that I shot hope to post it on the site soon.

thebayratt
08-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Here is a link to a few pics I took @ IPCPR...
Not all are of the show, some are from the Herfs afterwards.

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/thebayratt/2010%20IPCPR%20in%20NOLA/

guado
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Viaje was right across the aisles from Dion.... Between Dion, Gran Habano, and Kristoff. Right across from the 7-20-4 Cigars.
We got a good interview with him that I shot hope to post it on the site soon.

musta been a real small booth. Oh well.

thebayratt
08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
musta been a real small booth. Oh well.

O yeh... it was one "booth" two tables on a corner with Andre and another guy.... bout it. But he said he did will.