PDA

View Full Version : RP Edge Sumatra...bundles and fivers

bigliver
07-17-2010, 02:40 AM
Bonita Smoke Shop has bundles of 25 for $127.95 and fivers for $28.95; both the toro and torpedo are in. These are getting harder and harder to find so I just wanted to it along.

J

bigdix
07-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Gracias. Make sure you share when they arrive :) I gots a VSG or a Fifty-Fifty for ya. :ss

bobarian
07-17-2010, 09:11 AM
There is a new release of the Sumatra. Torps and toros only, slight changes to the band, but the blend is very close. Ratters smoked one on Thursday and said it was very good. :banger

brigey57
07-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Has anyone tried the RP Edge knock off or seconds from CI? If so what is your take on the cigars. Are they as good as the first run premium RP Edge?

Ranger_B
07-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info. Just ordered a bundle. I hope these are the original release and not the rumored re-release. I love the original release of these. Guess I will have to wait and see.

bobarian
07-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Here is a side by side with the new release Sumatra on the right.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7121/sumatra.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/sumatra.jpg/)

bigliver
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
These appear to be the original release.

JaKaacH
07-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I bought a couple bundles from Bonita back in Feb. They have the band of the one on the left in Bobarian's pic.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=776739#post776739

thebayratt
07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I think Bonita has some of the originals.
I got a 6pk from TampaHumidor Friday.

Ratters
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm a big fan of the originals. Tried a new one last week and it was quite good. Not exactly the same, but really good in it's own right.

Mirrorlure7m
07-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Here is a side by side with the new release Sumatra on the right.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7121/sumatra.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/sumatra.jpg/)

The RP Edge Sumatras that are pictured above are the Original on the left and the newest Edge Sumatra on the right.. Bonita Smoke Shop has the second batch of the Edge Sumatra, that where made way after the original release with the same band as the original but these are in 25 bundles (I have bought about 6 bundles) . They are good and almost the same taste as the original release. The first release of the edge sumatra that came in the 10 , 20 and 100 count boxes where the best IMO ! Thanks for the Pics bobarian it made it easier to explain.

I am not saying what Bonita Smoke shop has is bad. (As stated above I have bought 6 bundles) Just want everyone to understand that they are not the Original release.

JaKaacH
07-18-2010, 11:37 PM
The RP Edge Sumatras that are pictured above are the Original on the left and the newest Edge Sumatra on the right.. Bonita Smoke Shop has the second batch of the Edge Sumatra, that where made way after the original release with the same band as the original but these are in 25 bundles (I have bought about 6 bundles) . They are good and almost the same taste as the original release. The first release of the edge sumatra that came in the 10 , 20 and 100 count boxes where the best IMO ! Thanks for the Pics bobarian it made it easier to explain.

I am not saying what Bonita Smoke shop has is bad. (As stated above I have bought 6 bundles) Just want everyone to understand that they are not the Original release.

What is the actual difference between the original release and the original bundles?
You say they (bundles) have almost the same taste. What taste difference do you detect?

I have had a few original release, bought at Outlaw in KC, and also some from the bundles from Bonita. I thought they were both very good, but I couldn't say the originals were better.

Mirrorlure7m
07-19-2010, 09:01 AM
What is the actual difference between the original release and the original bundles?
You say they (bundles) have almost the same taste. What taste difference do you detect?

I have had a few original release, bought at Outlaw in KC, and also some from the bundles from Bonita. I thought they were both very good, but I couldn't say the originals were better.

Jeff I personally think it is due to age is why the originals are better IMO. I have bought serveral bundles from Bonita as well and they are great. But they dont have the same amount of age as the first initial release.

Mirrorlure7m
07-19-2010, 10:20 AM

Alright I need to clarify everything so it is easy to understand. The Bundles of 25 that Bonita Smoke Shop has is at least a year and a half old I can tell you this becuase that is the first time I bought one of the bundles from them. Yes they are the original release you see the original pictured in the Left side that bobarian posted. Rocky Patel Has re-released another Edge Sumatra just recently (within this month) in 100 count trays and the band is different and you can see it on the right hand picture that bobarian posted.

When I stated Original release in my previous post I should have said "initial release" .

I hope this clears things up. LOL

DougBushBC
07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
The older more orange-y red banded ones are also available from Smoke Inn II in West Palm Beach, give Abe or Mike a call and they will share them at will, and affordably.

Garbandz
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Just received a bundle of these toros from Bonita.The band has the same style as the original,but the script is gold,not white.The wrapper looks like the original in the pic,glossy brown and not the oscuro black of the new release.