PDA

View Full Version : A Disservice Rectified

The Poet
06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
And it's about damn time, too! CBS Sports has announced that it has acquired the rights to air in primetime the Duke/UNC basketball game from Chapel Hill on March 5th. This is not only just in itself but will perhaps help them build some interest in the NCAA Tournament during the weeks before that circus begins.

You say, "What's the big deal?" First, if you think it ain't, you've never seen a Duke/Carolina game before. (And if you only saw one last year, even the staunchest Dook puke will confess you still haven't. ;) )Second, if youu think that you coulda seen it on ESPN anyway, keep in mind . . . Dick Vitale will be a few mikes away during the broadcast. :r

Eleven
06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
lol @ Dook Puke.

Samsquanch
06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
So what's the disservice that is being rectified? Agreed that the Duke/UNC rivalry is the greatest in all sports!

EDIT: Just realized - it's that it will be aired over network television nationwide and not subscriber television (ESPN). I'm from NC and it was always aired locally, not on ESPN.

The Poet
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, Andrew, there's a difference between the Tiffany Network and the old Jefferson Pilot one. :D

Samsquanch
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah, Andrew, there's a difference between the Tiffany Network and the old Jefferson Pilot one.

:r:r Yeah it's Raycom now but I remember the old JP network. I'm in Seattle now so the airing on CBS is a welcome change.

The Poet
03-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Boy, are those guys at CBS looking like geniuses now, picking up on THIS 'way back in June! :r