PDA

View Full Version : C.A.O. champions traveller's selection

Don Fernando
06-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Exclusively available for European Travel Retail operations and in limited numbers, STG launches under the CAO brand umbrella its CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition. CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition is the ultimate collection of CAO’s highest-rated and most soughtafter cigars. CAO is the only premium cigar manufacturer to have produced no fewer than eleven
brands to have been rated ‘90’ (‘OUTSTANDING’) or above by Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Insider - the world’s ultimate cigar authority.

Encased in an attractive ‘CAO-black’ leatherette travel humidor, also for the traveller will find a fine selection of six award-winning cigars from Dominican, Honduras and Nicaragua origin. Inside are:
- CAO Italia Novella (4½ x 46)
- CAO Sopranos Associate (5 x 52)
- CAO Gold Corona (5½ x 42)
- CAO Vision Prana (6¼ x 52 )
- CAO Brazilia Samba (6¼ x 54)
- CAO MX2 Beli (7 x 56)

The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition also features CAO’s ‘Seed to Soul’ DVD. This DVD carries the viewer through the cigar-making process like no other film before. From the lush and tropical regions of Central America to the skilled hands of the rollers, the founders of the CAO brand take the viewer on a behind-the-scenes tour of the world of CAO cigars. The DVD provides over twenty minutes of footage and includes a 36-page colour booklet that tells the story of the cigars loved around the globe. From a tine seed, the genesis of the cigar, to its heart and soul.

The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition aims to retail at a duty-free price of EUR 49.-.

Koen van Vaerenbergh and Jeppe Tanggaard Jacobsen, both International Business Managers Global Travel Retail at STG, will manage the introduction with selected operators from May 1 towards the end of the year. Up until now, introductions foreseen are with selected Northern European ferry operators and airports in France, Russia, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Greece and Poland.

Koen van Vaerenbergh comments: “CAO is unique and innovative concept in long-filler cigar world. Being a well-established brand in the US, we offer our all duty-free travellers in Europe an exciting escape to new world of cigars.”. Jeppe Tanggaard Jacobsen adds that the offer is true bargain: “travellers save over 30% - just on the cigar selection1, i.e. excluding the informative ‘Seed to Soul’ DVD and the stylish reusable travel case. The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition is a great opportunity to try six of the very best cigars from the new world”.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/nieuws/CAOChampionsTravellersEdition_close.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/nieuws/CAOChampionsTravellersEdition_open.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/nieuws/CAOChampionsTravellersEdition_close.jpg

Ogre
06-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Sweet, I have smoked 4 of the six and really like them. Perhaps this will be available in the states at some time.

Don Fernando
06-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I think it might Larry, as the header of the leaflet said "The first CAO Travel Retail exclusive: introducing the CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition".

Now 'First' implies that there will be more to follow and my expectations are that they will use Europe as a test zone to see if there is a demand for these sets.

Ogre
06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
That would be great. Not like I need another case, mmmmmmmmm maybe I do.

icantbejon
06-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I've tried 5 of the 6. Of the 5, I like them all except the Gold. I haven't tried the Vision yet, but heard bad things based solely on price. Seems like the cigar is a good smoke, but not worth the $13 or so they are asking.

Whee
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.texcigars.com/Cigar-Samplers/CAO-Champion-Sampler

:tu

Has more sticks, too.

But no DVD

Dunkel
06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I've smoked everything in that sampler except the Vision in one vitola or the other, and CAO Gold is about as flavorless as a Macanudo. Nice looking assortment though.

Ogre
06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the link Sean.

Whee
06-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the link Sean.
I found it some time ago. Had saved it in my "when I get a job and can buy sticks again" folder.:r

Ogre
06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I've smoked everything in that sampler except the Vision in one vitola or the other, and CAO Gold is about as flavorless as a Macanudo. Nice looking assortment though.

Havnt had the Gold, prefer the Mx2. It does look like a good selection!!!

Brutus2600
06-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Cool looking travel humidor...might look into picking this up if it ever is available in the states.

Ogre
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Brian, the link above shows one in the US. It has 10 in the case.

http://www.texcigars.com/Cigar-Sampl...ampion-Sampler

Brutus2600
06-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Is it silly that I want the one from europe because it's black and not red? rofl :r

macsauce13
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM

I really enjoy them on occasion. Maybe give it another shot?

BigAsh
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
I like CAO....some more than others...but all I find well constructed....

68TriShield
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Cool looking travel humidor...might look into picking this up if it ever is available in the states.

:tu thank you Sir!