PDA

View Full Version : Super Easy Super Good Cobbler Recipe

Smokin Gator
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
A couple of weeks ago I picked a few quarts of wild blackberries and called my aunt for a cobbler recipe. The one she gave me is so easy and good I thought I would share it.

1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup of milk
2-3 cups of berries or peaches (I like about 2 1/2 cups)

-Melt butter in a 9x9 pyrex pan
-Mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of self rising flour (yes it has to be self rising), and one cup of milk in a bowl.
-Heat berries or peaches and 1/2 cup of sugar over medium heat heat just to melt the sugar
-Pour flour/sugar/milk mixture over the melted butter but DO NOT STIR
-Pour berry/sugar mixture in the center of the flour/sugar/milk mixture but DO NOT STIR
-Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour until the top is browned

Enjoy!!!

kgoings
06-18-2010, 04:35 PM
will have to try that soon!

G G
06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
will have to try that soon!
indeed

SvilleKid
06-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Blackberries just reaching ripeness here. Many turning black, but a couple of days from turning sweet. I figure by mid-week I'll be smelling like "Off" repellent, holding on to a "pickin'" cup, and leg deep in some sticker vines!!! Your recipe is close to one that I've used many times on Scout outings in dutch ovens, but always with canned peaches as the fruit, and the liquid in the cans standing in for the milk. I'll give it a try with berries! Missed the mulberries, so the blackberries will have to stand in!

aich75013
06-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Your recipe is close to one that I've used many times on Scout outings in dutch ovens, but always with canned peaches as the fruit

Peach cobbler is one of my favorite memories from camping with Boy Scouts. Yum!!
Posted via Mobile Device

OLS
06-21-2010, 08:28 AM
A couple of weeks ago I picked a few quarts of wild blackberries and called my aunt for a cobbler recipe.

How in THE HELL are you picking blackberries already!? Dog. Man I used to love South LA,
walking down the railroad tracks picking blackberries by the BUCKET load. Pity everybody
loved em but me. The seeds are just TOO big and hard. Put a strawberry seed into that
shizzle and we'll talk.

Smokin Gator
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
The wild ones are almost over here. The domestic ones are just coming in. Love me some wild ones... seeds and all!!

BigAsh
06-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Great little recipe there Brother...love me some cobbler....or any summer fruit dessert for that matter....props to your Aunt!!

captain53
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Mr Gator - next time I get some Berries I will make this to go with some of your fine wings!:tu

T.G
07-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I scored a big bag full of organic peaches yesterday, and since there were enough ripe ones in there to make cobbler, this recipe is currently cooking in the oven and will be taste tested tomorrow by the BABOTL at the Petaluma herf. :tu

T.G
07-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Gator, your cobbler was a hit. Thanks bro.

13-1/2 x 9-5/8 pan (1.5x recipe) made with about 5lbs (SWAG - could have been more) of OG peaches, even with all the other deserts there, at the end of the herf, there was 1 or 2 small slices left, which someone took home.

Lots of compliments, even a "Best cobbler ever" comment or two.

:tu

mariogolbee
07-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I tried the cobbler that Adam made with this recipe yesterday. Then I tried it again, and again! It was likely the best darned cobbler I have ever eaten!

Smokin Gator
07-18-2010, 12:00 PM
:tu

Glad it was enjoyed!!

mariogolbee
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM
This is the second time I've used this recipe. Thank you Brent!