PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Cigar Club - Father's Day Recommendations!

SmokeyJoe
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Vin Lee, CEO of the Beverly Hills Cigar Club, has put together an interesting list of cigars for Father's Day this year...
http://www.luxist.com/2010/06/14/five-cigar-recommendations-for-father-s-day/

Five Recommendations:

1. CAO America Monument Pinstripe Torpedo
The wrapper on this cigar consists of two leaves arranged to deliver a pinstriping effect. One is a golden brown Connecticut Shade, and the other is a chocolate brown Connecticut Broadleaf. The filler comes from Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic and the United States.

2. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur V EMS Lonsdale
The Excalibur has Honduran tobacco grown from Cuban seed. Lee suggests, "Let Dad light up the Excalibur as an aperitif to a big steak at Morton's and glass of warm bourbon preferable Woodford Reserve."

3. Alec Bradley Maxx The Culture Habano Toro
According to Lee, the Alec Bradley Maxx line provides a full flavor and balanced body by using strong upper leaf tobaccos from Nicaragua, Honduras, Colombia, Mexico and Costa Rica.

4. Oliva Serie V Torpedo Sungrown
Thick and smooth as silk, this impressive leaf conceals a powerful, yet balanced and smooth blend of aged Nicaraguan ligero from the Jalapa Valley of Nicaragua. The smoke is full-bodied and full-flavored, offering layers of coffee, spice, and tobacco flavors, with a touch of dark, unsweetened chocolate on the finish.

5. Macanudo Robust Portofino Natural Lancero
This cigar includes a blend of triple-aged premium long fillers from three countries, shrouded in a Connecticut Broadleaf binder and wrapped in Connecticut Shade leaf. The result, according to Lee, is a smooth and even cigar that delivers complex flavors consistently throughout.

T.G
06-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I thought you were supposed to give Dad good cigars on Fathers day?

SmokeyJoe
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I thought you were supposed to give Dad good cigars on Fathers day?

Agreed... only one on the list I would really want would be the Oliva V. :dr

Lear31MX
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
i thought you were supposed to give dad good cigars on fathers day?

lmao!!!

scoot
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Agreed... only one on the list I would really want would be the Oliva V. :dr

The Excalliburs are fantastic cigars, but probably a bit better in maduro.

ama
06-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Very odd.

Bax
06-16-2010, 01:30 AM
I like the MAXX and the V's. THe others I could do without, but to each his own. :tu

icehog3
06-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I like the MAXX and the V's. THe others I could do without, but to each his own. :tu

You only like the MAXX because it rhymes with Bax, Tim. ;) :r

shilala
06-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Funny how tastes go. I can't see me smoking anything on that list.
It is a pretty well picked assortment that covers a lot of ground. I'm sure lots of guys would enjoy that fiver. I'd enjoy them all if the kids got them for me. :)

T.G
06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Funny how tastes go. I can't see me smoking anything on that list.
It is a pretty well picked assortment that covers a lot of ground. I'm sure lots of guys would enjoy that fiver. I'd enjoy them all if the kids got them for me. :)

I wouldn't.

Of course it would have a lot more to do with "Where the frack did these damn kids come from?" than the mediocre cigars.

E-Tx Surveyor
06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't.

Of course it would have a lot more to do with "Where the frack did these damn kids come from?" than the mediocre cigars.

:r
I'd smoke any of 'em on fathers day, but I've never smoked any of those so it would be nice to try.

icehog3
06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't.

Exactly, I would have to have kids first too. :r

Skywalker
06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Let's start our own list!!!

Instead of the CAO America - I say, Camacho Liberty (any year).

Instead of Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur - I say, Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill (CC)

Instead of AB The Culture - I say, PAM (any year)

I agree with Joe, the V can stay!!!

Instead of the Magnadoodle Portofino Lancero - I say, Illusione Holy Lance!!!:tu

mithrilG60
06-16-2010, 11:42 AM

x2

weak_link
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know what it is about the MAXX cigars, I always get a headache. I really enjoy the Tempus and some of the other blends are interesting to me but no headache after smoking those. Go figure.

That said, I want a new list. :r

shilala
06-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Exactly, I would have to have kids first too. :r
I smell a bomb in your near future, especially being summertime and all.
You might wanna run out for a couple gallons of milk. :tu

icehog3
06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I smell a bomb in your near future, especially being summertime and all.
You might wanna run out for a couple gallons of milk. :tu

A kid bomb, Scott???

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! :r :r

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Get your dad a box of habanos. Simply the best.

T.G
06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
A kid bomb, Scott???

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! :r :r

Just think on the bright side to this...

hurm...

uhum...

errr...

well...

ahhh...

humph...

Ok, there is no bright side.

weak_link
06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Did Tom just voulenteer to watch my kid on Sunday so I can smoke fancy cigars? Sweet! Thanks dude!

icehog3
06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Just think on the bright side to this...

hurm...

uhum...

errr...

well...

ahhh...

humph...

Ok, there is no bright side.

:r :r

Did Tom just voulenteer to watch my kid on Sunday so I can smoke fancy cigars? Sweet! Thanks dude!

I did, Eric! Just drop them off, along with a case of Guinness, a bottle of Ron Zacapa, a DVD of Shrek and a couple dozen Valium. :)

SmokeyJoe
06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
:r :r

I did, Eric! Just drop them off, along with a case of Guinness, a bottle of Ron Zacapa, a DVD of Shrek and a couple dozen Valium. :)

Now THAT sounds like a PARTY! :r

What???? No cigars?!

icehog3
06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Now THAT sounds like a PARTY! :r

What???? No cigars?!

Oh...I got me some cigars, Joe. :)

Maybe Eric could drop off the Cup though. :)