PDA

View Full Version : Life. Rebooted.

Whee
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Many of my BOTL/SOTL's know that the last few years have been a broken elevator ride to the basement.

Loss of family, parent, house, job etc....

The last 9 weeks I have spent back home taking care of my Mom as she recovers from knee surgery. During this time I have been trying to find work in Illinois (where I live and my children live) to no avail.

My Mom, unfortunately has a myriad of issues, some discovered over the last few weeks, and some becoming more apparent as I spend more time with her, that require her to have someone watch over her.

The state of Illinois has been providing my way of life through unemployment, but that comes to an end in the next week.

After many hours of thought, I have decided to relocate back to Indiana and stay with my Mom. No job and no money have influenced this as well.

I had to tell my daughters this weekend. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do.

So I go, to start over again, to reboot my life. Find a job and back to school.

Many bad decisions have been made, and hopefully, I am not as stubborn as I think I am and will learn from those.

I post this here because this place, in the three years ( 1 at CS) I have been here has become a place to laugh and forget some of things going on. A blissful escape at times. I have made new friends, learned new things and shared many a cigar. I mainly post this here because it feels good to get it out, to share it, accept responsibility for things.

Thanks for listening.

kelmac07
06-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Hang in there Sean. Doors are gonna open brother!! :D

jjirons69
06-13-2010, 09:36 PM
You're good people, Sean. Hang in there as you don't know what's to come. Best of luck to your mom. Chin up...we all know the one thing to count on is change.

Ogre
06-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Will keep you and your family in prayer. Perhaps a new start with work great for you.

neoflex
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Good luck brother. This economy has been pretty rough on a lot of people. Just had a buddy finally pull out of some rough times so keep the faith that it will all fall in place in due time. It does seem like the economy is slowly but surely getting better. Just hoping this spill in the Gulf doesn't put us back into a tailspin.
I am sure your mother will appreciate you coming to help her and for that I am sure karma will take care of you and before you know it you will be back on your feet and will eventually look back on this experience and appreciate where your at even more. Wishing you the best of luck with your reboot.:tu

MedicCook
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Good luck with everything Sean. Can't wait to be able to share a cigar with you my friend.

pnoon
06-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Best of luck, Sean. A drastic change in life is never easy - especially moving further away from your children. Hang in there. And know that the inmates are here for you.

Emjaysmash
06-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Prayers and thoughts sent, for you, your family and your mother. Let us know if we can do anything.

awsmith4
06-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I have been liberated from my job twice in the past couple of years and I know the stress but moving from your kids I would imagine is the hardest thing to face. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this reboot is what it takes to turn things back in your favor.

bobarian
06-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Good luck on your move and stay positive. Hopefully something will come around for you.

CasaDooley
06-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Sending good karma your way Brother! In the long run I hope everything turns out the way you want it to. Good luck Sean!:tu

icehog3
06-13-2010, 10:50 PM
We have just officially added a second border to the MoB territory.

Sean, we will always be here for you, and support whatever you decide. I am glad you are here, and glad to call you my friend.

yourchoice
06-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Good luck with everything Sean.

14holestogie
06-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Hoping and praying for good things to come your way, Sean.

Smokin Gator
06-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Best of luck on the relocation and reboot!!!

68TriShield
06-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Everything positive heading your way Brother!

elderboy02
06-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Sean, you are a great BOTL. Good luck sir! :tu

DPD6030
06-14-2010, 07:12 AM
:gl on the move and the job search Sean. I know we talked a bit about this when you stopped in for a smoke. You're welcome to stop in anytime my friend. Mi Casa su Casa (sp?) :D

TripleF
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Wishing you and your family all the best. I can't even imagine how hard it must be......hang tight bro.

hotreds
06-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Best wishes to you! I pray that your life becomes what you want it to be!

Brutus2600
06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I like the reboot analogy.

I work in IT, and the first thing we ask users to do most of the time is to reboot the computer first. This fixes so many problems you'd actually be surprised.

So you go reboot your life, your "computer" might be a little slow in booting up, but don't worry, it will eventually get there, and when you do, it'll run better than ever :tu

Good luck man, you and your family are in my prayers.

Skywalker
06-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Good thoughts and prayers sent!!!

PM your new address and cigars will be sent too!!!:tu

marge796
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Good luck & God bless, Sean.

Chris.....

replicant_argent
06-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Good luck sir. Sometimes a "fresh"-ish start is a better beginning than you might realize, with hidden rewards. I understand about your children though, and that is a horrible thing to contemplate. I hope you can change your paradigm and think outside the box to make that less painful.

CigarNut
06-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Good luck and may god be with you!

Blindjimme
06-14-2010, 10:41 AM
This change will be what you need. All will be well Sean.

Whee
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks gang. This is why I love this place.
Posted via Mobile Device

DPD6030
06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks gang. This is why I love this place.
Posted via Mobile Device

And we love you "Bromance Way" of course :D

Whee
06-14-2010, 01:10 PM
If only I could access my groupan hug pic from phone. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Emjaysmash
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
You're going from S. Beloit, correct?

markem
06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Good luck, Sean. My Mom (76 y.o.) is arriving Sunday. I'll be thinking about you and your Mom.

shilala
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Prayers for you, brother. :tu
Life keep on lifing. Even in the really rough skids, there's good moments. Grab them when they arrive and focus real hard on them.

poker
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Many times major changes can be blessings in disguise that become more apparent over time.
All the best and Im sure things will work out just as they are supposed to.

Whee
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks again for all the positive thoughts.

Have officially made the move and have started the ball rolling to enroll at either our local community college or at Indiana University-Kokomo. Missed the fall deadline, so I looking at January.

Job search still discouraging even for just the simplest of jobs. But we press on.

MedicCook
08-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Good luck Sean.

BlackDog
08-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Blessings my brother. Caring for yor mom is a noble task. It may be hard, but you'll never regret it.

icehog3
08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
We're all behind you, Sean. :tu

CigarNut
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Continued wishes for good luck!

SaltyMcGee
08-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Good luck Sean. Things will end up working out for the best, just hang in there.

CasaDooley
08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
We're all behind you, Sean. :tu

:tpd:Sending good karma your way Sean!:tu

Chingas
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Best of luck to you Brother. I wasn't around for the original post but I'm here now and am hoping the best for you and your family.

Matt-N-Ga
08-31-2010, 07:36 PM
I hate this for you. Finding it hard to convey how I feel. I want to say "hang in there", but we all know that **** is for the birds. Hanging in there doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to saying goodbye to your kids...just reading and thinking about this brings a tear. I've got two little girls, my youngest had her birthday today...I asked her to pray for you and your kids, she prayed " And God, please help my daddies friend find a happy place that is his, and his kids, and I hope he has candy, candy is good for sad people", she brought me to tears thinking about this. My oldest bowed her head over her and said "amen, may God Bless"
God speed in this recovery, I really, really hope this reboot is all it takes. We are with you.

Resipsa
08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Im confidant you're about to turn the corner Sean. You know we're pulling for you.

DPD6030
08-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks again for all the positive thoughts.

Have officially made the move and have started the ball rolling to enroll at either our local community college or at Indiana University-Kokomo. Missed the fall deadline, so I looking at January.

Job search still discouraging even for just the simplest of jobs. But we press on.

Keep pressing on and keep your head above water. You know I'm here for you if you need anything Sean. Prayers, karma and positive vibes sent.

Whee
08-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Keep pressing on and keep your head above water. You know I'm here for you if you need anything Sean. Prayers, karma and positive vibes sent.

I do need to visit Grandma soon.:r

RevSmoke
09-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Sean, You are in my prayers for open doors.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

treatneggy
09-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Prayers sent....

Whee
05-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I thought I should update this post FROM FIVE YEARS AGO.:r

I will graduate next Saturday with my Associates Degree in Accounting, with honors. I was named to the Indiana Community College All Academic Team and nominated (but sadly did not win) two national academic awards.

Mom's physical health is fine, but mentally the fog doesn't always clear on some days and those are challenging days for me.

Keeping busy by doing a lot of Masonic work and even started a part time job working for a "freaky fast" restaurant for a friend, so I now have cigar money again!:D

And to balance all of that good, ex-wife #2 is moving back to town this summer.:gary

So all in all, what a long strange trip its been. :noon

dijit
05-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Well it sounds like most of the ducks are in order. Next time we have a cigar and scotch event for the Murat I will have to make sure to invite my nearby Masonic brother.

AdamJoshua
05-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Glad you are out of the basement, on the way back up!

icehog3
05-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Congrats on the degree, Mom being well, and the new gig.

Sorry about the ex-wife. Thankfully mine moved out of town after 10 years of staying too close for comfort, so I don't feel your pain on that one. ;)

pnoon
05-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Great news, Sean. Well, except for the ex-wife

Dave128
05-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Awesome news, Sean!

MarkinAZ
05-03-2015, 06:23 PM
I thought I should update this post FROM FIVE YEARS AGO.:r

I will graduate next Saturday with my Associates Degree in Accounting, with honors. I was named to the Indiana Community College All Academic Team and nominated (but sadly did not win) two national academic awards.

Mom's physical health is fine, but mentally the fog doesn't always clear on some days and those are challenging days for me.

Keeping busy by doing a lot of Masonic work and even started a part time job working for a "freaky fast" restaurant for a friend, so I now have cigar money again!:DSo all in all, what a long strange trip its been. :noon

Congratulations on the positive 5 year "re-boot" Sean. Great news for all at CA to hear!

What Masonic degree are you currently at Sean?

A couple of scriptures I like to turn to, to keep things going in a positive direction are:

Philippians 4 13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," and the one on my sig line.

I thank God every morning for a great day, and for providing my family with health, safety, and our financial security. We've developed a "darn good relationship."

Keep it going forwards Sean:tu

blugill
05-03-2015, 07:49 PM
That sounds like your reboot is blazing that new path!
Good job brother!

Whee
05-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Congratulations on the positive 5 year "re-boot" Sean. Great news for all at CA to hear!

What Masonic degree are you currently at Sean?

A couple of scriptures I like to turn to, to keep things going in a positive direction are:

Philippians 4 13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," and the one on my sig line.

I thank God every morning for a great day, and for providing my family with health, safety, and our financial security. We've developed a "darn good relationship."

Keep it going forwards Sean:tu

I am a full blooded Master Mason in Blue Lodge. Senior Warden currently. Joined Scottish Rite last year and have passed to the 32* there. Also Demolay and Eastern Star. Yorkrite later this fall. That helps keep me busy.:r

Whee
05-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Congrats on the degree, Mom being well, and the new gig.

Sorry about the ex-wife. Thankfully mine moved out of town after 10 years of staying too close for comfort, so I don't feel your pain on that one. ;)

Great news, Sean. Well, except for the ex-wife

It's been a good 5 year peaceful run. Guess it had to end sooner or later.:r

At least I get to see my youngest all the time.

Adriftpanda
05-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Glad everything seemed to work out for you. Hoping the next 5 years is better.

MarkinAZ
05-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I am a full blooded Master Mason in Blue Lodge. Senior Warden currently. Joined Scottish Rite last year and have passed to the 32* there. Also Demolay and Eastern Star. Yorkrite later this fall. That helps keep me busy.:r

Excellent!