PDA

View Full Version : Taboo Limited Reserve Connecticut Figurado

spincycle
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Taboo Limited Reserve Connecticut Figurado

Pre-Light / Construction: The cigar construction was almost flawless. A few small veins showing on a smooth, even colour, matte wrapper. A pre-light pull found some cedar and a great draw. The cigar is firm and weighty, feels substantial in my hands.

Taste: The LR Conny was very smooth and creamy. Tastes of wood and nuts. Subtle and mild. There was a slight bitterness about 1/2 though, but a purge and a few mins rest brought the cigar back. There was also a light sweet undertone throughout the life of the burn. Very little aftertaste.

Burn: Razor sharp. No corrections needed, even for a mildy windy evening. I'm impressed.

Overall: This is one very pretty cigar. Construction was top notch and the wrapper was beautiful. Although I did enjoy the flavour, it didn't change much throughout the almost 2 hours of smoke and I honestly got a bit bored of it. I'd take this in a smaller vitola - say a PC. I think this is a cigar probably best for the golf course - not the kind of cigar you smoke when you're scrutinizing for the purpose of writing a review. :ss

Joan
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Aaaaah, Limited Reserve! I suspected that's what the LR designation was all about on these. Thanks Spin for a nice review.

BlackIrish
11-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Got one of these in a sampler. Thanks for the review.

BlackIrish

spincycle
11-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Glad you guys got something out of it. I always wonder if it's worthwhile reviewing a cigar almost everyone else has smoked already!

I'm looking forward to trying some of the other LR's I've got in my humi. By the smell of the Maduro, it's got promise. :ss

MTB996
11-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I just finished up a Robusto, and while I generally do not prefer connecticut wrappers, I really enjoyed this cigar. It got a little bitter toward the last inch, but the majority was creamy and smooth with a nice velvety wrapper.

I have a figurado sitting in the humi for another day. Another great smoke from Taboo.:tu

MithShrike
11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I love the LR Connecticuts.

Not a quick smoke though, don't just suck it down.

BlackDog
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I think Spincycle hit the nail on the head. I just smoked one of the Taboo LR figurados, and it's a perfectly constructed, pretty, weighty, boring cigar. If it were a PC or robusto I think it would be a perfect morning cigar. But for me there's just not enough "dimention" there to keep my interest for nearly 2 hours.

longknocker
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I think Spincycle hit the nail on the head. I just smoked one of the Taboo LR figurados, and it's a perfectly constructed, pretty, weighty, boring cigar. If it were a PC or robusto I think it would be a perfect morning cigar. But for me there's just not enough "dimention" there to keep my interest for nearly 2 hours.

:tu I'm definitely gravitating toward the "Multidimensional" sticks!:)

Savor the Stick
05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
You really nailed this review.:tu Very good and spot on with your observations.

Thanks for the review.:ss

tuxpuff
05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the review! I need to get my hands on one of these.

Catfish
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Awesome review. Rep. bump for it. ((DOH!)) Maybe later. Gave out too much already today.