PDA

View Full Version : Overdue for a vacation

neoflex
06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I am an admitted workaholic and I am well overdue for a vacation as I have not allowed myself to take a legitimate vacation in 5 years. Sad isn't it? Last summer my wife went to Europe and my dumb ass stayed home and worked. She made me promise to take a vacation this year as I need it. 3 more weeks until I finally get to remove myself from the daily hustle and finally relax as the wife and I will be taking a cruise for a week. I absolutely can not wait. Plan on catching up on some much needed R&R which will also include smoking a lot of my finest cigars.
The tell tale signs letting me know I am over due have been showing lately. It's been so damn busy the last few months and I am just worn out to the point that I am always tired and I get aggravated with people way to easy. The littlest things make me want to choke someone lately. These next three weeks can't go quick enough. Here's to hoping I make it!

SmokeyJoe
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Hang in there, John! When you get aggravated just think... "in a few more days I will be sipping some rum and smoking a great cigar." :tu

Enjoy!

JaKaacH
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I am an admitted workaholic and I am well overdue for a vacation as I have not allowed myself to take a legitimate vacation in 5 years. Sad isn't it? Last summer my wife went to Europe and my dumb ass stayed home and worked. She made me promise to take a vacation this year as I need it. 3 more weeks until I finally get to remove myself from the daily hustle and finally relax as the wife and I will be taking a cruise for a week. I absolutely can not wait. Plan on catching up on some much needed R&R which will also include smoking a lot of my finest cigars.
The tell tale signs letting me know I am over due have been showing lately. It's been so damn busy the last few months and I am just worn out to the point that I am always tired and I get aggravated with people way to easy. The littlest things make me want to choke someone lately. These next three weeks can't go quick enough. Here's to hoping I make it!

Stress is tension caused by the mind overriding the body's desire to choke the living _____ out of some _________ who desperately deserves it"
:tf

Enjoy the vacation.

E-Tx Surveyor
06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Congratulations, I hope you and the wife have an amazing time. Don't be afraid to cut up a little bit.

Apoco
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Enjoy the cruise! I've heard they are a blast, still haven't managed to hop aboard one yet.

akumushi
06-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Stress is tension caused by the mind overriding the body's desire to choke the living _____ out of some _________ who desperately deserves it"
:tf

Enjoy the vacation.
Sounds like how I felt working retail.
:r:r

5 years without vacation is WAY to long. Enjoy!

wolfandwhisky
06-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Hope you're able to let loose and have a great time on the cruise, John! Almost there!

skibumdc
06-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Geeze, I can't go 4 months without a bit of a vacation, even if it's just a 4 day weekend....not sure how you made it 5 years?

RevSmoke
06-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Time away with family and friends on vaction is necessary.

God didn't give a day of rest to work you know.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

CigarNut
06-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Vacations are truly a blessing. Make sure to really spend time relaxing and enjoing your time with your wife!

IMHO you really need a couple of weeks off for a good vacation -- it takes about 3-4 days to unwind from work at the begining and about 3 days before the end you start thinking about work, etc. so that eats up a week. If you have two+ weeks that middle time is your "prime" vacation time... Next time try to take at least two weeks :D

Skywalker
06-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Enjoy the much needed rest!!!:tu