PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Montreal This Weekend for F1

SouthernSmoke
06-09-2010, 01:05 AM
My dad and I are pretty avid F1 racing fans. Since there is a race on north America this season, we couldn't pass it up (we've missed not having a race in Indy). I'm looking for some suggestions on places to eat/see/visit while we are up there this weekend. Ive already found the LCDH. 4 blocks south of where we are staying :banger....but any input on the city would be great! Thanks guys!

Goldie
06-09-2010, 07:24 AM
I have never been to Canada, but would love to attend an F1 race. They are intense on TV, I couldn't imagine being there.

newcigarz
06-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Lots of good info here, this was posted in another Montreal thread.

All the fancy restaurants are sold out on St. Lawrence, but sometimes you can show up and get a seat somewhere. St. Lawrence is the most happening restaurant/bar street and is closed to traffic during the weekend. Crescent St is another area that has a ton of restaurants and is closed to traffic as well.

As for a specific place, take your pick. Montreal is the food captial of N. America (or tied with NYC) for me. You must try Schwartz's or Main for smoked meat. Moshe's is a good steak house that might be able to get a seat at. Queue de Cheval is an awesome steak house with big price to match. There's a cigar bar attached! I like going to the Globe restaurant; has a hip scene with good food to match. Le Club Chasse et Peche is outstanding if you want something fancy, and Eggspectation is a must visit for breakfast at some point. You could see some of the drivers there on Monday morning.

There's nothing near the track and bring a cooler full of food, booze and cigars. It's basically an open drinking free for all at the race. People are passing hard alcohol around and smoking cigars, butts, and weed everywhere. Bring walking shoes as where ever your seat is, is a long walk....

Wish I was going this year, been 5-6 times to the race. Enjoy. This could be a good race for McLaren with the high top speed of the last straight. Heavy breaking could be an issue for Red Bull as they've had brake issues earlier this season.

mosesbotbol
06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
My dad and I are pretty avid F1 racing fans. Since there is a race on north America this season, we couldn't pass it up (we've missed not having a race in Indy). I'm looking for some suggestions on places to eat/see/visit while we are up there this weekend. Ive already found the LCDH. 4 blocks south of where we are staying :banger....but any input on the city would be great! Thanks guys!

Bring lots of drinks, food, and cigars with you to the race. Bring a cooler as big as you can handle with wheels. It gets quite hot in Montreal and if you are in the mid-stands, the air is quite stagnant.

SouthernSmoke
06-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

jmsremax
06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Sweet! Please post pics when you get back :D

SouthernSmoke
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm planning on it. Ive got my 50D heading up there with me. Can't wait to actually get into town later today