PDA

View Full Version : Picking it back up

Huskysibe
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Well the Savanelli Churchwarden has been shelved a bit but I wanna pick it back up. Gimme some suggestions on tobacco please, I really like the aromatics.

Billy

BigFrank
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I personally do not care for aromatics much. But the few that I do enjoy are butternut burley, G.L. Pease's Barbary Coast, and Lane's 1-Q. 1-q and BB are extremely cheap bulk tobaccos. Barbary Coast will run ya bout 10 a tin.

Huskysibe
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks Frank, I will check them out.

Emjaysmash
06-10-2010, 10:15 AM
+1 on the butternut burley. Trout stream is also very nice.

rharris
06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Any of the boswells aros are great. I also like the mccllelland premium line like tastemaster and captain cool.Also smokingpipes.com has one ounce samplers of mccllelland bulks for a good price.

RevSmoke
06-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Not a big aromatic fan, they usually bite me bad as they burn much hotter than tobaccos which are not cased/aromacized.

That being said, I'd suggest Two Friends Celtic Mist - the one aromatic I loved and which burned really cool. Also, Cornell & Diehl seems to me to produce the coolest smoking aromatics out there.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Huskysibe
06-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I am headed to the store this weekend and going to stock up for my deployment. I am going to look at pipes too since I dont wanna haul around a churchwarden LOL something smaller that can fit in the front shirt pocket. Wish me luck!

Emjaysmash
06-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I am headed to the store this weekend and going to stock up for my deployment. I am going to look at pipes too since I dont wanna haul around a churchwarden LOL something smaller that can fit in the front shirt pocket. Wish me luck!

Be careful putting your pipe in your front shirt pocket. I've known fellow pipers to do this, bend over, and have the pipe slip out and become damaged.

Huskysibe
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Our Desert Uniforms have dual buttons on the pockets.

Emjaysmash
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Our Desert Uniforms have dual buttons on the pockets.

Well you should be good then! Lol