PDA

View Full Version : Partagas Black Label

larryinlc
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm having this love/hate relationship with the Partagas Black Label. I love the way they taste but hate the way they burn. The tobacco burns like licorice and they seem very chewy. I've had them in my humidor for months and they get no better. I've left a few out in the elements for a few days with the same results. They're just a tough cigar to smoke for me. Am I alone here or did I get some saturated smokes? I've had three boxes now and they're all the same. Maybe these are just high maintainance cigars. My size is the 6x60.

Larry

Skywalker
06-05-2010, 01:36 AM
I've had similar results.

I like the Maximo the best. The tube seems to help!:2

BigCat
06-05-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm going through my second box of magnificos and, while I have to touch up the burn more regularly than with other cigars, I would say I don't have much trouble with them. I've seen others complain about them being plugged, but I've never encountered that problem either. They are one of my go-tos. Sorry they aren't treating you so well.

Brutus2600
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
The Partagas Blacks have been a long time favorite of mine ever since I got a tin of the Prontos soon after I started smoking cigars. I've smoked various vitolas since then, and they've all smoked great.

Sorry you've had bad luck with them so far though! :(

jimmyk26
06-05-2010, 09:16 AM
When I first had the black label, I thought that they weren't any good. Then a friend of mine told me to put it in my humidor for a month or two and try it again, like magic the cigar was great. Since then I have been letting my cigars "rest" before trying them and been a lot more interested in how cigars change over time. So I like em, but only after they have had some down time...sounds high maintenance to me!

Brad
06-05-2010, 10:00 AM
In my expierence, they need a lower RH in the humi to avoid the burn issues, low 60's is good for these. Anything over, and they can be a little too wet.

rhmalone
06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
In my expierence, they need a lower RH in the humi to avoid the burn issues, low 60's is good for these. Anything over, and they can be a little too wet.

This has proved to be true for me... usually run the humi at 63 and despite a touch up here or there, they have good burn/draw for me. Excellent cigar, one of my favs.