PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood

Onward James
06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I truly enjoy historical fiction, but too often Hollywood sways. However, the history about King Richard was fairly correct.

The rest I'm not sure, but I enjoyed the myth and this terrific Ridley Scott film with Russell Crowe. Scott also directed Gladiator, which I saw more than once.

I went a second time to pay attention to many other details. This isn't Iron Man or Transformers or any of them blow 'em films suited for youth or video game players. There are plots and history, character development, exellent acting and superb camera work and, of course, directing. I wrote a few screenplays, acted (with one or two of the best) although a short career, and now attempt novels and I am critical of watching things since it takes up valuable time. I don't watch sports as much, because I would rather listen to games, hockey and baseball on the radio while I work on, my third novel attempt or read. if my team loses I go bonkers and think I wasted time. Such as the Toronot Blue Jays blowing two games in a rwo in the ninth inning. Ouch! Although I love American Football and will watch that win or lose.

Gladiator and Blade Runner were fantastic, original. Robin Hood has been done so many times and could end like James Bond, nonetheless, I look forward to the sequel.