PDA

View Full Version : Boondock Saints Sequel?

SonsofClubDeck
11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
If I'm not the first to post this, sorry. However, I saw this today and have mixed feelings. It will be good to see Connelly smoking in this but am skeptical of how good this movie will be. What do you guys think?

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/03/troy-duffys-boondock-saints-sequel-finally-happening/

rack04
11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Very exciting news. One of my favorite movies.

DBall
11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Holy crap, finally?!

Sweet... I, for one, am excited... :D

Jbailey
11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
It might be a good flick, and I hope it is! On the other hand I wish they would leave some movies alone and let it stand on it's own.

dunng
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!! :ss

JE3146
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I didn't see Dafoe's name on that list.... :(

Oh well.. I'm still excited for a sequel. :D

SmokeyJoe
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm apprehensive... Boondock Saints was such a phenomenal movie... would hate to see a sub-standard attempt to recreate lightning in a bottle.

For instance... Caddyshack is one of my all-time favorite movies. :D

Have you SEEN Caddyshack 2 ? :fl

:eevis
11-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Well it's about TIME. THis movie has been in the works for ever, except Tryo Duffy P.O.ed most of Hollywood and couldn't get this greenlighted. I am thrilled.

icantbejon
11-04-2008, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't create a sequel to Boondock Saints in a million years. Why will people never learn? The original was exactly that, original. Let it be. Now they'll just spin it into a hokey action flick to make money off the name. Gay :mad:

stevefrench
11-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Very exciting news. One of my favorite movies.

:tpd: Exactly!

elderboy02
11-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't know if a sequel could even be as good as the original.

Ragin Cajun
11-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm apprehensive... Boondock Saints was such a phenomenal movie... would hate to see a sub-standard attempt to recreate lightning in a bottle.

For instance... Caddyshack is one of my all-time favorite movies. :D

Have you SEEN Caddyshack 2 ? :fl

Let me add on to this list:

The Sandlot, why did they have to go make a sequel and more
Ghostbusters, A great movie but was the sequel as good as the first

Redbaron
11-04-2008, 06:49 AM
I really hope they don't make a sequel.

Belly=Great
Belly 2=WTF!

tobii3
11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Didn't bother to check the link - what I do know is this - they have been throwing the concept around for a LONG time - considering it was a budget film when it was done, the $$$$ that was asked for a sequel was ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard fan of the original, and was waiting and waiting AND WAITING for ""All Saints Day" as the sequel was originally titled....

Maybe this has a chance??
:r

Not exactly sure how they will bring Rock back (Della Rocca).....but, considering the original sequel was supposed to be the background BEHIND the original, this could be hilarious.....

SonsofClubDeck
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Not exactly sure how they will bring Rock back (Della Rocca).....but, considering the original sequel was supposed to be the background BEHIND the original, this could be hilarious.....

From the article, it looks like it is going to be set after the fact in Ireland and mentions a lot of flashbacks. That is the only way they could use Rock.

I agree with all of the guys who have mentioned movies like Caddyshack and Ghostbusters and most definitely Sandlot. This is a toss up for me. I really hope it is as good as the first one. I still say the prayer whenever I have Christian Brothers.

GKitty
11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
This totally made my day. The original is in my Top 5 and I've been waiting for this announcement for so long that I'd pretty much given up hope.

I too was disappointed to notive DaFoe's name is missing from the cast list. He was definitely one of my favorite characters.

"Television. Television is the explanation for this - you see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling - that James Bond $h!t never happens in real life! Professionals don't do that! "

Wolfgang
11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
The LNC and I watched this movie a while ago. We also got together our own bombing gang called the Boondock saints. I seriously hope this movie dosnt suck.

tobii3
11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
"Television. Television is the explanation for this - you see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling - that James Bond $h!t never happens in real life! Professionals don't do that! "

"So Duffy.....you got any theories to go along with that tie?"

GKitty
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

I could play this game all day. Going to have to watch it tonight.

rack04
11-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Murphy: You know, on TV you always got that guy that jumps over the sofa.
Connor: And then you gotta shoot at him for ten fu**ing minutes, too.
Murphy: Aye.
Connor: Christ.
Murphy: We're good.
Connor: Yes, we are.

tobii3
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
What were you gonna do? Laugh the other three to death???

or the classic....

""I'll have a Coke""

GKitty
11-04-2008, 02:29 PM
~How far are we gonna take this, Da?

~The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?

JE3146
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
What were you gonna do? Laugh the other three to death???

or the classic....

""I'll have a Coke""

:r:r:r

groogs
11-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I guess I will have to watch the original again. I watched it a few years ago and I thought it sucked, but I will give it another try. I don't remember much about it, so maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

JE3146
11-10-2008, 03:56 AM
I guess I will have to watch the original again. I watched it a few years ago and I thought it sucked, but I will give it another try. I don't remember much about it, so maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

First time I watched it, I fell asleep through it twice.

Second time I watched it, it made my top 5 favorite movies of all time.