PDA

View Full Version : One match short...

nozero
05-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, our team the Anihil8tors got down to the final match for the APA LTC (American Poolplayers Association - Local Team Championship) and lost and missed out on going to Vegas for the Nationals. We had a phenomenal two days.

I didn't play because I was still a little edgy on my 69th day of sobriety and didn't want the team to suffer due to my potential poor performance.

Our players kicked butt overall, some of my team beat players with double their skill level ratings. I'm proud of their performance! I don't think any of us thought we would get as far as we did and since our team was basically unknown in the local circuit, we shocked pretty much everybody with how well we did. We won 14 consecutive matches and lost the final 3.

I didn't get home until 12:42 this morning and I was exhausted.

CigarNut
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Congratulations!

nozero
05-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Congratulations!
Thanks!

Eleven
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Congrats! My oldest son plays, has since he was 8. He and his team were just in a couple tourneys here in Ohio. One in Columbus and one in Toledo.

His mother and her previous husband owned a pool hall, and played as well, even going to Vegas once or twice. He is gone now and she doesn't play anymore but my son picked that up from them and has rolled with quite nicely!

And again, Gratz on the sobriety!

nozero
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Congrats! My oldest son plays, has since he was 8. He and his team were just in a couple tourneys here in Ohio. One in Columbus and one in Toledo.

His mother and her previous husband owned a pool hall, and played as well, even going to Vegas once or twice. He is gone now and she doesn't play anymore but my son picked that up from them and has rolled with quite nicely!

And again, Gratz on the sobriety!

Cool about your son picking it up! And thanks for the gratz!

kelmac07
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats!!! :tu

Ogre
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Congrats brother!!!