PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever smoked a re-wrapper cigar?

tomc3084
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyone ever smoked a cigar with a different wrapper then that's suppost to be on it. For example a Anejo with an opus wrapper. Has anyone ever done this themselves, like taken one wrapper off and put it on another cigar? I have heard people doing this, and wanted to know your guys' take on it, sounds interesting...an Opus with a isom wrapper...MMMMMM ;)

SSDVC
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Sounds like it would be quite the little operation to remove and reinstall an entire wrapper. How many good cigars would be ruined to get one tranplant perfect?

Interesting, but seems expensive.

floydpink
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Alex from Corona Cigar was telling me he had the house roller, who is damn good, roll a destroyed Padron 64 with an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper and then showed a pic to Jose Padron for good measure.

icehog3
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
I prefer my isom wrappers filled with isom filler.

Emjaysmash
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
LOL.

Yeah, my wrappers stay on my cigars.

SaltyMcGee
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM

:tpd:

Cigary
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Tx_Tuff ( Frank ) has been doing this sort of thing and actually does a really good job as he has posted photos and a tutorial of sorts. I'm not as brave as he is cuz I know I'd screw it up and have a cigar abortion but the idea of putting an ISOM wrapper on an Opus intrigues me. Frank? Whaddya think?

leasingthisspace
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Hmmmm.
I will have to look into this.
Posted via Mobile Device

mariogolbee
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Adam (TG) did this with a Boli and MOW a while ago. He started a PPP at the barn herf and I remember one being really good and the other just being too tight.

leasingthisspace
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM
I am curious how they get them apart and still useable.
Posted via Mobile Device

JJG
05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm intrigued by the idea of a multinational blend that incorporates Cuban tobacco, but as others have stated, I'm not willing to take apart a perfectly good Cuban for the purposes of experimentation. and you've gotta be out of your f*cking mind to unravel an Opus!

that being said, If someone else wanted to give it a try with their cigars, I would happily participate. :tu

Darrell
05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I am curious how they get them apart and still useable.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you pull the cap off they just unravel. The binder and filler are bunched together tight (in most cases) so they don't fall apart when the wrapper is removed.

alwayslit
05-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I prefer my isom wrappers filled with isom filler........x2:tu

leasingthisspace
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm intrigued by the idea of a multinational blend that incorporates Cuban tobacco, but as others have stated, I'm not willing to take apart a perfectly good Cuban for the purposes of experimentation. and you've gotta be out of your f*cking mind to unravel an Opus!

that being said, If someone else wanted to give it a try with their cigars, I would happily participate. :tu

I think I am going to give it a go with a couple of cheap sticks first, then I will try it out. What do I have to lose a couple of cigars.... maybe I need to rethink this...

J/K I am going to try it with some cheapies though.

DPD6030
05-13-2010, 09:31 PM

LOL.

Yeah, my wrappers stay on my cigars.

CigarNut
05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Seems like a lot of effort for an unknown outcome. I enjoy my cigars with the wrapper that the manufacturer provides :)