PDA

View Full Version : Will be in Hancock, MA

RevSmoke
05-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I will be with my wife's family at a Time Share in Hancock, Mass from June 18 (late) till June 25 (early). June 20 we'll be busy, but am looking for an afternoon or evening to hook up with some of the Inmates for some golf and cigars.

Anybody interested?
Any of those days better than others?

Let's figure something out!

Peace of the Lord be with you.

RevSmoke
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I guess I can see how I rate. Where are all the massholes?

Mugen910
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I guess I can see how I rate. Where are all the massholes?

cut it out...you know we care but uhm...where the heck is Hancock, Ma?

nevermind I googled it...brother let some of the Albany boys know since you are closer to their neck of the woods :tu

MedicCook
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I might be able to do something on Tuesday June 22nd.

KenyanSandBoa
05-13-2010, 09:51 PM

nevermind I googled it...brother let some of the Albany boys know since you are closer to their neck of the woods :tu

:r:r...I had to google that too...I never heard of Hancock until now.

It looks like the last town west before NY.

I've been debating on setting up a little fishing trip out that way...maybe I can work into those days. Interested in some fishing and a smoke if I could make out one of those days?

jmsremax
05-13-2010, 09:52 PM

:tpd:

Might as well be NY.

Mugen910
05-13-2010, 09:53 PM
TRicker is the only guy I know who prob knows that area since he's in Pittsfield...I mean that is soooo far west, people are NY fans :td

MedicCook
05-13-2010, 09:54 PM
TRicker is the only guy I know who prob knows that area since he's in Pittsfield...I mean that is soooo far west, people are NY fans :td

:r

massphatness
05-14-2010, 04:45 AM
I have tix to the Sox/Dodgers on Sat, 6/19; otherwise that day would have been perfect.

When I get back into the office on Monday, I'll check the calendar and see if I can take off a day that week. If so, I'd love to shoot out your way and maybe play a round of golf with you Todd. We could probably smoke a cigar or two as well. :D

I'll keep you posted.

RevSmoke
05-14-2010, 05:40 AM
It is way west, near NY - true.

It'd be nice if a few could get together and hit the links. Of course, if I just get to go fishing with Jim, that'd be cool too. I haven't fished that end of the country in, ummm, 10 years. Used to fish Squantz pond quite a bit, but that is in the west end of CT. Caught quite a few brown trout there.

Whatever day I get together with CA BOTL, it should probably be relegated to one day - maybe *ALL* day, but just one - as I should spend most of my time with the extended family (her parents, sister & family, brother & family all gathered in 4 condos).

Let me know whatever. We do have a bit of time to plan it. Maybe mini-herf?

Don Fernando
05-14-2010, 06:12 AM
You're about 90 minutes from Agawam Rev, you can get some canoli @ Moe's shop first and then herf at Azon with the Massholes.

mosesbotbol
05-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Never heard of Hancock, MA. I was thinking Hancock St. in Quincy, lol...

Subvet642
05-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Never heard of Hancock, MA. I was thinking Hancock St. in Quincy, lol...

He could get his nails and hair done! :r

md4958
05-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Todd, I might be able to do something on the 20th, but its all dependent on whats happening at the bakery.

Lets talk a little closer to the date and see if we can lose some golf balls and grab a cigar or three.

dunng
05-14-2010, 07:39 AM
I might be in depending on many factors... :mh

massphatness
05-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Todd, I might be able to do something on the 20th, but its all dependent on whats happening at the bakery.

Lets talk a little closer to the date and see if we can lose some golf balls and grab a cigar or three.

He's busy on the 20th, Moe. You probably are too as it's Father's Day.

:rolleyes:

:D

MedicCook
05-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Golf could be fun.

KenyanSandBoa
05-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Golf could be fun.

For me, golf could be painfully frustrating, and possibly end up in jail time. :D

MedicCook
05-14-2010, 08:16 AM
For me, golf could be painfully frustrating, and possibly end up in jail time. :D

But it would still be fun for the rest of us. :D

md4958
05-14-2010, 08:20 AM
He's busy on the 20th, Moe. You probably are too as it's Father's Day.

:rolleyes:

:D

Thats what I get for reading Todd's post too quickly :bh

Actually I will be busy that day, Italy is playing New Zealand in the World Cup and we will be hosting a party at the Springfield bakery if anybody is interested.

KenyanSandBoa
05-14-2010, 08:23 AM
But it would still be fun for the rest of us. :D

True...you guys could get in some golf and a show....as long as "show" means watching me gettting tazered by the police because I snapped and threw my clubs in the drink and run off like a mad man. :D

I'm down. :tu

tenbaseg
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Subscribing for more info. I'd need to wait until closer to know but it's not that bad of a drive from CT.

RevSmoke
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Umm, if we golf, you can be my caddie? Or, um, drive the golf cart?

Of course, you could just play and not take it too seriously. ;)

Mugen910
05-14-2010, 11:57 AM
If I can make it..driving the cart is all I can do, Miss Daisy!

KenyanSandBoa
05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Umm, if we golf, you can be my caddie? Or, um, drive the golf cart?

Of course, you could just play and not take it too seriously. ;)

I'm just joking anyway...I don't take anything seriously...I just suck at golf. :D

We'll cross that bridge when the time comes...I'm still trying to work out that weekend (weekends tend to be wedding time :td)

Maybe a little "Indy 500" style with golf carts?? :tu:r

TheStatsGuy
05-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Thats what I get for reading Todd's post too quickly :bh

Actually I will be busy that day, Italy is playing New Zealand in the World Cup and we will be hosting a party at the Springfield bakery if anybody is interested.

Sure Moe, I'll wear my Zidane shirt. That will be okay right? ;):r

md4958
05-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Of course! Zidane is a national hero in Italy... his idiocy helped Italy hoist the trophy for a 4th time :r:r

Don Fernando
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM

Moe will wear his Matterazi shirt.

RevSmoke
05-14-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm just joking anyway...I don't take anything seriously...I just suck at golf. :D

We'll cross that bridge when the time comes...I'm still trying to work out that weekend (weekends tend to be wedding time :td)

If you're playing golf with me, you don't need to be good at all. Just willing to lose golf balls, smoke a few cigars, imbibe a barley pop w/the foam on top, and laugh a bit.

Maybe a little "Indy 500" style with golf carts?? :tu:r

Oy, vey.

Emjaysmash
05-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Oy, vey.

Don't you be taking my phrases!! :r

RevSmoke
05-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Don't you be taking my phrases!! :r

Don't be a putz! :D

RevSmoke
05-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah, Pauline's brother also enjoys a cigar (he'll be there). And her sister's hubby will also be there, not a cigar smoker, but he enjoys golf. We should probably include them as well.

Peace of the Lod be with you.

Emjaysmash
05-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh yeah, Pauline's brother also enjoys a cigar (he'll be there). And her sister's hubby will also be there, not a cigar smoker, but he enjoys golf. We should probably include them as well.

Fixed that for ya, buddy!

RevSmoke
05-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Fixed that for ya, buddy!

Thanks!

RevSmoke
06-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Thought I'd revive this thread for purposes of setting a date for gathering in Hancock (or thereabouts).

I am leaving here on 6/13 on a Catechetical Retreat, returning home in the late afternoon of the 16th. I will be leaving for MA on the 17th. During those dates I will not have internet access. I hope to have it after arriving in Hancock on the 18th.

I'd like to have some plans in place before the 13th - if possible.

On June 20, the family already has plans. We could do the 19th or another day from the 21 - 24.

There is Skyline CC http://www.skyline-cc.com/ in Hancock if that is amenable.

Or, other suggestions?

timo
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Would love to smoke a cigar with you Todd. Not a golfer though

RevSmoke
06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
bump

MedicCook
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I know I am free on the 22nd.

RevSmoke
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Would love to smoke a cigar with you Todd. Not a golfer though

I am suggesting golf, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Even if you don't golf, I am guessing they may let you come along with us. You can be an extra set of eyes to help me watch my errant shots to that I might find my golf balls in the woods.

That's OK with me, but I'll be on vacation. Will others be able to get away on a Tuesday? Might it be such that we golf in the late afternoon and hook up for an evening of food, cigars and beverages?

Or, maybe just that latter and forget the former?

What are the thoughts of others.

timo
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
The 22nd is good for me too.

massphatness
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll check work schedules -- maybe I can take a half a day and meet up with you guys late in the afternoon.

South Shield
06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
wow, I grew up in Pittsfield and Richmond (right next to Hancock), wish I could join you. If you have any questions of where to go while there, let me know. Go to Teo's Hotdogs in Pittsfield.. get 6 with everything. Trust me.

RevSmoke
06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll check work schedules -- maybe I can take a half a day and meet up with you guys late in the afternoon.

Vin, I am truly hoping that you can make it. Is there another day that is better? Maybe the others can make it that day too?

wow, I grew up in Pittsfield and Richmond (right next to Hancock), wish I could join you. If you have any questions of where to go while there, let me know. Go to Teo's Hotdogs in Pittsfield.. get 6 with everything. Trust me.

I don't even know what to ask. Is there a cigar shop, tobacconist, brew pub nearby?

massphatness
06-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Vin, I am truly hoping that you can make it. Is there another day that is better? Maybe the others can make it that day too?

I'm going to do my darndest, Todd. I have a couple managers on vacation that week, so I can't make definitive arrangements at this point. I say pick a day, and I will do everything I can to be there -- even if it's just for a couple hours in the evening.

South Shield
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM

I don't even know what to ask. Is there a cigar shop, tobacconist, brew pub nearby?

unfortunately there is nothing, but if you are going to be in the town of Hancock itself, the onyl place to go is Jiminy Peak, its a ski-resort that is open all year. http://www.jiminypeak.com/accounts/69/homepage/

bring a lot of smokes...You will not find a good store anywhere around there.

RevSmoke
06-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm going to do my darndest, Todd. I have a couple managers on vacation that week, so I can't make definitive arrangements at this point. I say pick a day, and I will do everything I can to be there -- even if it's just for a couple hours in the evening.

Do you work that Saturday, 6/19? What about the rest of you - is that date good?

Should we move the party a bit east - closer to Beantown?

tenbaseg
06-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Bump for the morning Masshole crew.

massphatness
06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Do you work that Saturday, 6/19?

Unfortunately:

I have tix to the Sox/Dodgers on Sat, 6/19; otherwise that day would have been perfect.

My schedule that day is screwy: I have to bring my son into Logan early AM, back to Maynard, then bring Grace into Boston for some trade show so we don't end up with two cars for the baseball game that starts @ 4. I could conceivably get out to Worcester in the evening if anyone wanted to plan something for Saturday night, but that's a helluva' ride for you, Todd, and WE should be making the effort to see you (IMHO).

RevSmoke
06-11-2010, 07:25 AM

The 22nd is good for me too.

OK, what we have so far is the 22nd.

What are we going to do, and at what time? It looks like Vin can be there for late afternoon festivities. Should we look at golfing somewhere like 12:30 or 1:00 and then lounging somewhere?

Skyline CC looks like a decent course - http://www.skyline-cc.com/index.php

Did some looking on line for a cigar friendly place for a beverage and/or meal. No sites state anything about smoking policies. I sent a note to http://patricksinpittsfield.com/index.html as it looks cool, to ask if they are cigar friendly.

Do you have suggestions?

Let's get times and activities squared up.

massphatness
06-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Tenative: :wo

I have put myself in for leaving the office at 1pm on 6/22 -- that should put me in the Pittsfield area around 3:30 or 4.

With my staff on vacation, this can change in an instant, but I'm working on getting things organized so I can make this happen.

RevSmoke
06-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Tenative: :wo

I have put myself in for leaving the office at 1pm on 6/22 -- that should put me in the Pittsfield area around 3:30 or 4.

With my staff on vacation, this can change in an instant, but I'm working on getting things organized so I can make this happen.

Now all we need to do is figure what we're doing and where we'll be.

timo
06-12-2010, 05:42 AM
"No smoking" ban in effect in our great state so probably won't find anything cigar friendly besides a cigar lounge

timo
06-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Now all we need to do is figure what we're doing and where we'll be.
We're smoking cigars and we'll be somewhere in the Berkshires:D

RevSmoke
06-12-2010, 01:53 PM
"No smoking" ban in effect in our great state so probably won't find anything cigar friendly besides a cigar lounge

OK, so is there a cigar lounge somewhere in that area?

We're smoking cigars and we'll be somewhere in the Berkshires:D

Thanks, you're a laugh-a-palooza!

We have the 22nd, what are the rest of the details?

timo
06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't know of any up there. It's pretty secluded. I hate to say it but the closest lounge is Habana in N Greenbush NY. about forty minutes from Hancock. The second closest is Azon in Agawam about 1.5 hours away. I suggest trying to get a hold of TRicker to see if there's an outdoor spot he knows of up there

RevSmoke
06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't know of any up there. It's pretty secluded. I hate to say it but the closest lounge is Habana in N Greenbush NY. about forty minutes from Hancock. The second closest is Azon in Agawam about 1.5 hours away. I suggest trying to get a hold of TRicker to see if there's an outdoor spot he knows of up there

That's not a good thing. Of course, one of the reasons I was hoping we could go golfing. Which direction is Azon in Agawam? We don't want to do N. Greenbush, that takes us further away from Vin.

I don't know TRicker. Where does he live?

timo
06-12-2010, 04:38 PM
TRicker lives in the Pittsfield area. Azon is in Agawam which is closer to Vin and further away from Ryan

MedicCook
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't mind driving. Azon is only 2 hours from my current residence of the week.

tenbaseg
06-13-2010, 06:05 AM
I can probably get to Azon after work on the 22nd.

massphatness
06-13-2010, 07:10 AM
So are we officially saying Azon? Your call Todd -- my guess is with the relative centralness (?? is that a word) of Azon, we'd probably get the highest turnout there.

RevSmoke
06-13-2010, 10:35 AM
TRicker lives in the Pittsfield area. Azon is in Agawam which is closer to Vin and further away from Ryan

I don't mind driving. Azon is only 2 hours from my current residence of the week.

I can probably get to Azon after work on the 22nd.

So are we officially saying Azon? Your call Todd -- my guess is with the relative centralness (?? is that a word) of Azon, we'd probably get the highest turnout there.

This is supposedly an hour and a half from where I will be? I was hoping not to have to drive quite that far, but if that is a decent place, then let's go for it. Is there anybody who would be near Hancock - or have to go past - with whom I could share a ride?

Is there going to be gold beforehand?
What time at Azon?
Are we going to do a meal?
I see from their websiste that there is a membership necessary to get into their lounge - are we going to be able to get in there?

timo
06-13-2010, 12:23 PM
The lounge is free as long as you purchase a cigar. There is a liquor store next door and a restaurant across the street. I believe Ryan will be traveling on I90. Maybe you could meet him in Lee

TRicker
06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Anyone that wants to hang out at my house in Dalton is cool. Its like ten minutes from Hancock, and I have a garage if it rains. I gotta work that day, but will be done around 4. Let me know whatcha wanna do, theres nothing else within an hour that you can smoke at.

timo
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Anyone that wants to hang out at my house in Dalton is cool. Its like ten minutes from Hancock, and I have a garage if it rains. I gotta work that day, but will be done around 4. Let me know whatcha wanna do, theres nothing else within an hour that you can smoke at.
The TRicker has spoken. That sounds good to me

RevSmoke
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
The lounge is free as long as you purchase a cigar. There is a liquor store next door and a restaurant across the street. I believe Ryan will be traveling on I90. Maybe you could meet him in Lee

The TRicker has spoken. That sounds good to me

That is a generous offer. What say you all? I think that's a great deal. We can do like we do at a Northwoods Wisconsin herf. Maybe he has a grill and we can bring something to throw on the grill and a side dish (bag of chips for those of us without kitchen access), our own beverages, and a place to smoke?

So, how's about it?

Anybody up for some golf late morning, getting done in time to get to TRicker's home?

TRicker
06-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Charcoal and gas!

RevSmoke
06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
That is a generous offer. What say you all? I think that's a great deal. We can do like we do at a Northwoods Wisconsin herf. Maybe he has a grill and we can bring something to throw on the grill and a side dish (bag of chips for those of us without kitchen access), our own beverages, and a place to smoke?

So, how's about it?

Anybody up for some golf late morning, getting done in time to get to TRicker's home?

Charcoal and gas!

So, this is a go as far as you're oncerned? You can get us all directions from our various starting points? :tu

If so, let's make this happen.

massphatness
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I can be there around 4/4:30 ... too early?

TRicker
06-14-2010, 01:39 PM
That should be cool, I didnt really see a list of people, did I miss it somewhere? I can send directions from the pike which is how most people should be coming from.

MedicCook
06-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I am up for golf and then going over to Tim's. I can bring some cornbread.

RevSmoke
06-15-2010, 12:45 PM
I can be there around 4/4:30 ... too early?

That should be cool, I didnt really see a list of people, did I miss it somewhere? I can send directions from the pike which is how most people should be coming from.

Arriving around 4:00 - 4:30 is cool?

I am up for golf and then going over to Tim's. I can bring some cornbread.

What time for golf? If we want to do 18 and get to Tim's, depending on what course and how far it is to Tim's we should probably plan about 4.5 hours (just to be safe) plus driving time from the course to Tim's. If 9 holse, figure 2.5 hours plus driving time to Tim's.

So, what are you thinking for course, # of holes, and time? And, is anybody else going to join us?

Tim, how far are you from where we'll be staying? - Wyndham Bentley Brook II, One Corey Road, Hancock, MA 01237

TRicker
06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
4pm is cool, thats about 20-25 minutes away from our house. Main course is pretty much covered, any drinks or sides that anyone wants to bring is cool.

Mugen910
06-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Was there a date attached to this event?

timo
06-15-2010, 02:02 PM
June 22 2010 in the year of our Lord

RevSmoke
06-16-2010, 01:13 PM

June 22 2010 in the year of our Lord

Hopefully that answers your question and we will see you there?

TheStatsGuy
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok - I'm in too. I couldn't do it before because my remaining time off is for Shack Herf and a trip to Denver for the Great American Beer Festival.

I will bring some grub and some microbrews I made for sampling. I may bring a cigar or 2 as well. ;)

RevSmoke
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Just so you all know, I will be offline starting about 10:30p tonight and will not be online again until Friday evening at the earliest, and then only if I have internet access at the RCI Timeshare we will be staying at in Hancock.

So, if someone can PM me or e-mail me directions to where we are going to be going, that'd be great.

Is there anybody golfing? If so, according to the posts I've already given (don't want to repeat here), when and where will we be golfing?

TRicker
06-16-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll send you directions in a sec. Everybody else that wants to go, just start a list so I can send you directions please!

Mugen910
06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Hopefully that answers your question and we will see you there?

No promises sir but I will try. Unlike Vin, I am a grunt of industry versus a captain so taking off early is not always in the cards.
Posted via Mobile Device

massphatness
06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
1. Massphatness
2. Mugen910, just in case
3. TheStatsGuy
4. MedicCook
5. Spitnchew

Ricker - can you toggle the Ambassador and see if he's around for this soiree?

I know Moe has kiddie duty, but hopefully he can make it too.

TRicker
06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll check with him. As for Moe, I'll twist his arm when I see him Friday!

Mugen910
06-16-2010, 05:48 PM

and nipples...that usually works well with eye-tal-eee-ans

14holestogie
06-16-2010, 07:01 PM
<<<<<<<<< jealous

massphatness
06-16-2010, 07:39 PM
and nipples...that usually works well with eye-tal-eee-ans

yup

MedicCook
06-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I will add a 2nd list for people interested in golfing before the herf.

Herf
1. RevSmoke
2. Massphatness
3. Mugen910, just in case
4. TheStatsGuy
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook

RevSmoke
06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
I will add a 2nd list for people interested in golfing before the herf.

Herf
1. RevSmoke
2. Massphatness
4. TheStatsGuy
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook
3. Joel (maybe) - brother-in-law (wife's brother)
4. Dann (bigger maybe) - brother-in-law-outlaw (wife's sister's hubby)

This is taking shape nicely.

I'm stoked! Looking forward to meeting all and putting faces with names.

MedicCook
06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
You might want to forget my face after meeting me. :r

RevSmoke
06-16-2010, 10:32 PM

Give him a verbal twist from me.

<<<<<<<<< jealous

Would love to have you along on this trip. Want to stow away in a suitcase? You can rent clubs.

You might want to forget my face after meeting me. :r

Yeah, well, that goes both ways. I ain't no prince.

Tim, what do we need to bring for food?

MedicCook
06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I have set up to have some cornbread made up. :tu

timo
06-17-2010, 04:05 AM
I need to be told what to bring also. Otherwise we could end up with who knows what.

TRicker
06-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Well, all we really need is drinks and side dishes. chips, maybe potato salad and such. put whatever you wanna bring next to your name on the list. Like I said I have the main course covered.

timo
06-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Herf
1. RevSmoke
2. Massphatness
4. TheStatsGuy
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew-soda

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook

TheStatsGuy
06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Tell Moe to bring the kiddies. Ryan is small and they'll think he is one of them(just tell them he started growing facial hair at age 4 or something)!

Herf
1. RevSmoke
2. Massphatness
4. TheStatsGuy - pasta salad
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew-soda

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook

KenyanSandBoa
06-17-2010, 09:32 AM
No promises sir but I will try. Unlike Vin, I am a grunt of industry versus a captain so taking off early is not always in the cards.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I'll be able to get out there that day. I'm on vacation the week after that, so I don't know how my boss would like me ducking out early during an audit. :td

I hope everyone has a great time. I should know if I can make it fairly soon.

RevSmoke
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Arrived and have internet connections here at the condo.

Looking forward to meeting all.

MedicCook
06-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Tell Moe to bring the kiddies. Ryan is small and they'll think he is one of them(just tell them he started growing facial hair at age 4 or something)!

Just tell them I am a leprechaun. :D

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/leprechaun4.jpg

RevSmoke
06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
We are at Wyndham Bentley Brook resort in Hancock. So, who is close to that of all you guys?

timo
06-19-2010, 11:35 AM
We are at Wyndham Bentley Brook resort in Hancock. So, who is close to that of all you guys?
No one :D

RevSmoke
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
No one :D

Love you, Tim. :r

dunng
06-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I am not sure how I missed this one...

Tuesday is rough for me, I have to hit Boston M-Tu-W. I was thinking of staying over in Waltham on Tuesday.

:bh

RevSmoke
06-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I am not sure how I missed this one...

Tuesday is rough for me, I have to hit Boston M-Tu-W. I was thinking of staying over in Waltham on Tuesday.

:bh

Hopefully you'll be able to make it. Would love to meet you.

RevSmoke
06-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Umm, as to golf - what time and where?

Emjaysmash
06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Take pics, if you can.

RevSmoke
06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Take pics, if you can.

Will do, brother.

MedicCook
06-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Is there anyone else for the golf? I will probably call tomorrow to see about tee times in the morning. Right now it is myself, RevSmoke and his 2 tentatives.

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Is there anyone else for the golf? I will probably call tomorrow to see about tee times in the morning. Right now it is myself, RevSmoke and his 2 tentatives.

Have we decided on a where? Are we doing Skyline? Looks like a good choice?

Dann will be coming with us, not Joel.

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM

Herf
1. RevSmoke - Deep fried peanuts in shell & w/out)
2. Massphatness
4. TheStatsGuy - pasta salad
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew-soda

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook
3. Dann

Updated above. Probably bringings some rum too.

TheStatsGuy
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Herf
1. RevSmoke
2. Massphatness
4. TheStatsGuy - potato salad and big tasty beers
5. MedicCook
6. Spitnchew-soda

Pre-Herf Golf
1. RevSmoke
2. MedicCook
3. Dann

Just changing my food selection a little!

TRicker
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Directions sent out, see you guys tomorrow.

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Everything is looking good so far.

It should be a blast.

PAX

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, I brought a couple cigars along for a puff-puff-pass. Both are form before my birthday - and they both may be older than me by a decade or two. :D

Bao, you sure you cannot make it?

Mugen910
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, I brought a couple cigars along for a puff-puff-pass. Both are form before my birthday - and they both may be older than me by a decade or two. :D

Bao, you sure you cannot make it?

100% sure I cannot sir...sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRicker
06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I'll print out a pic of Bao and wear it while smoking! It will be just like he's here with us.....

massphatness
06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
<<<<< giddy

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
100% sure I cannot sir...sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

:( So sad, will miss you.

I'll print out a pic of Bao and wear it while smoking! It will be just like he's here with us.....

:tu Cool, comic relief.

<<<<< giddy

Now that just scares me.

Mugen910
06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Now that just scares me.

Don't let him lick you ear...a mistake I'll never have repeated!

RevSmoke
06-21-2010, 08:29 PM

What worries me, is that you thought it might be a good idea the first time. <GDR>

MedicCook
06-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Were you sitting on his lap at the time?

spectrrr
06-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Damn, how did I miss this one? (wait, doesn't this belong in the herfs thread?)

Either way, it's my only full day left to pack for the move, so sadly I won't make it... and I'll be driving past there Friday afternoon probably! :bh

EDIT: but its soooooooooooo tempting!

massphatness
06-22-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm off to work until about 1 or so then trekking out to Western no-Mass land

timo
06-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Tim #3 and #4 heading out this afternoon.

MedicCook
06-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Getting ready to head out to the golf course. See everyone this afternoon.

RevSmoke
06-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Getting ready to head out to the golf course. See everyone this afternoon.

Ditto.

Hope I can swing a club and not kill myself...

... or hurt any others.

14holestogie
06-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Have fun and try not to Embarrass us, Todd. ;)

I'll be there in spirit (an obnoxious spirit, but a spirit none the less). :)

timo
06-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Todd, it was great to meet you . I had a blast. Smoking cigars isn't really about smoking cigars

RevSmoke
06-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Todd, it was great to meet you . I had a blast. Smoking cigars isn't really about smoking cigars

Tim, it wss indeed a very pleasant evening. I enjoyed talking with you and getting to meet you all.

Most certainly true that it isn't about smoking cigars.

I must give my apologiies to you all, I have my camera... I have my computer... the cable that connects the two is at home. Posted pictures from my camera will have to wait.

The family is leaving for Vermont, so I will post more later.

MedicCook
06-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Great time yesterday. Started it off playing golf with Todd and a couple of his family members. Then it was off to Tim's for a herf. Moe's sausage was wonderful. :tu

Emjaysmash
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Tim, it wss indeed a very pleasant evening. I enjoyed talking with you and getting to meet you all.

Most certainly true that it isn't about smoking cigars.

I must give my apologiies to you all, I have my camera... I have my computer... the cable that connects the two is at home. Posted pictures from my camera will have to wait.

The family is leaving for Vermont, so I will post more later.

:r :r

Sorry to hear about the cord. I hope you and the family have a great time in vermont!!

RevSmoke
06-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Great time yesterday. Started it off playing golf with Todd and a couple of his family members. Then it was off to Tim's for a herf. Moe's sausage was wonderful. :tu

Thanks for the golf game, it was a great time. Beautiful course, but very narrow - at least for some of us. We did discover though, that bears indeed do crap in the woods. Fortunately, he had abandoned the head before our arrival.

Thank you Ryan for the couple sticks you gave me - What's the rough one again? And the lancero?

MedicCook
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
It was a Francesco lanceretto.

RevSmoke
06-23-2010, 06:37 PM
It was a Francesco lanceretto.

That's the rough one, and you get them where?

Tim (Spitnchew) - tell me again the name of that cigar you gav me? I loved it. A smooth and flavorful Connecticut is hard to find.

MedicCook
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
They are rolled at Habana in Albany. They are hard to find since Francesco only rolls them a few times a year.

massphatness
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Either my new camera sucks or TRickers wife was hammered while taking this group shot ...
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1083/4729255720_55350a120c.jpg

l to r: spitnchew, thestatsguy, revsmoke, phatty, tricker, moe, mediccook

massphatness
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
The guest of honor: RevSmoke (sans collar)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1209/4728608585_8d99d35fca.jpg

We tried to keep the bromance to a low simmer, but Moe did insist on a game of hide the sausage. Dang his sausage is tasty!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1363/4729255152_6f690dea91.jpg

Ryan, Todd & Moe ... at least if we got violently ill on undercooked pork, Ryan could dispatch us some medical help. Worst case, Todd could administer last rites.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/4729256148_3f4ae21827.jpg

Had a blast guys ... it was great to finally meet Todd. Way too much food (as usual).

:mh fun times

RevSmoke
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Vin, thanks for the pictures - glad someone put up some pictures.

Here is my feeble attempt to summarize some of the night's festivities.

Good to see a few pictures up here. I didn't talk about all the cigars I was given.

Ryan and I followed each other to Tim's place, he was waiting out on the front porch for us. As we're doing some introductions, Vin pulls up and introductions are made there. Then Tim gives us the grand tour - pointing different directions to the different rooms in the house (done from in front of the humidor). I think I was in 3 rooms (kitchen, bathroom, living room) and a hallway. We brought in the food and beverage and then headed out to the backyard.

(Ryan gave me a couple cigars, already mentioned, an Escensia Lancero and a Francesco lanceretto.)

As we get settled around the picnic table, setting out the food, we all fire up cigars (or already have them burning) and start snacking. That's when Vin walks up and slaps a 5er on me, literally. He walks up and unceremoniously drops it in my lap and says, “This is for you.” A 5er baggie - full - an ‘08 Bolivar PC, an ‘08 Montecristo #4, a 5/09 El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme, a Tatuaje Zona del Este, and a Saint Luis Rey EL Asia Pacifico. I just sit there, stunned, and mumble, “Um, ah, um, Thanks!”

Tim (TheStatsGuy) lays a hit on me, giving me no choice, “this is for you,” and gives me a Diamond Crown Maximus Robutsto #5

4 of us are lounging in the backyard, snarfing shrimp and Doritos, when Tim & Tim pull up and wander into the backyard. More food and drink is laid out.

Tim (T Ricker) gets little impatient waiting for Moe and decides to start some of the main course and throws some steaks on the grill. You’ll have to ask him what the seasoning were, but they were tasty, very enjoyable.

It is about this time when Moe shows up (with his handsome son - names kept out of this public forum) bearing sausages and cannolis. Everybody greets one another when he comes over to me opens up a case and tells me, “Take one.” Staring at me are a few Ccs and I demur, try passing, but he insists, “Is there something in there you haven’t had?” Seeing that he isn’t going to let me off the hook, or move that case from out in front of my nose if I don’t grab a stick, I take a Vegas Robaina Unicos, and thank him for his kindness.

We continue to snack and smoke, when Tim (SpitNChew) lays a massive 6X60 Connecticut shade beauty on me, “You gotta try this. I haven’t had one yet, so I can’t tell you what their like.” I know he told me, like about 20 times what it was, but being an unfamiliar name, I have again forgotten it. (Please refresh my memory.) I try to give it back to him, but that ain’t happening. So, I put it in my travel case till a little later.

After we’ve finished “the main course’, cigars start getting lit again. That’s when I pull a surprise out of my case, a gift to me from Shilala, a Garcia Y Vega Senator Bonded Havana from 1940. Tricker starts it off and we pass it around - pretty soon it is jsut myself and SptiNChew puffing on it. It has some interesting flavors which none of can put our finger on. It isn’t bad, but there are only two of us puffing on it, giving you an idea of how interesting and special it isn’t. It wasn’t dry and grasslike as some others we’ve had that are this age, but it wasn’t a “wow”er either.

We have a great evening, food, drink, cigars and the highlight - conversation of friends.

Vin has a long drive, so he leaves first. Then Moe and his boy head out. Then Tim’s 3 & 4 head off. Ryan and I head into the house with Tim to grab the last of our stuff. That’s when Tim says we’re supposed to grab a stick out of his humidor - and he’s not taking ‘no’ for an answer. So, I grab a Por Larranaga PC, figuring I’d be good with just that. Ooops, faulty figuring on my part. He reaches in and from a couple drawers draws out two more and gives them to me - a Cohiba Siglo #2, and a DPG Vegas Cubanas Toro (?).

Thus ends a fantastic evening.

I want to especially thank Kristen for allowing us to invade her home, and Tim for his generosity and hospitality. It was a great evening - Thanks! God’s blessing upon you both as you raise that wonderful young man that you have brought into your home and made a part of your family.

14holestogie
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Todd got spanked......:banger

:r

md4958
06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
It was a good time, great to meet Todd and see the guys.

timo
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Todd you need to ask Ryan what that cigar was because I'm brain dead. I know it wasn't a Phillie Blunt

RevSmoke
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Todd you need to ask Ryan what that cigar was because I'm brain dead. I know it wasn't a Phillie Blunt

OK Ryan, seems you're the only one with a memory. What was the cigr that Tim gave me - it was from that one local roller - the 6X60 Connectiut shade wrapped.

MedicCook
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
It was a Francesco Socrates.

Tim #4 gave you the Esencia lancero. :tu

timo
06-25-2010, 06:14 AM

Tim #3 gave you the Diamond Crown.

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the name of cigar. It is the one in the "guest of honor" (sic) picture of me. Good looking cigar and great smoke.

Tim #3 gave you the Diamond Crown.

Thanks to you both for the corrections of who gave me what. I was a bit overwhelmed there at the time as people were passing out stuff and I was trying to remember names and see what everybody was bringing... and I'm suffer from Cranial Flatulence Syndrome. ;s

So, for getting names wrong of who gave me what, I hope you will all forgive me.

It was wonderful getting to meet you all.

Oh, Moe, thanks for the Canollis. I asked the guys if I could take the leftovers back with me to the family (none of which had ever had one before). They didn't last long and were raved about for a couple days.

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 11:49 AM
First there was the issue of not having the cord for the camera with me to download pictures. Next, there was the problem of internet connectivity when I got home - it works now, but there were issues since Sunday. What was the problem? I am not sure.

So, here are some pics from the herf.

At the end of pre-herf golfing, enjoying a pint. (Medicook, myself, brothers-in-law Dann & Joel)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1415.jpg

SpitNChew getting ready to relax.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1416.jpg

Vin giving a "salute" with Ryan on the side.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1417.jpg

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Tim (TheStatsGuy) & Tim (TRicker)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1418.jpg

Moe & Vin
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1419.jpg

All of us in a blurred smoky haze.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1420.jpg

The haze remains, but the blur has disipated.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1421.jpg

The gracious host (how I wound up not having pics of his wonderful wife and boy, I do not know)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1423.jpg

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Myself and Vin
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1426.jpg

with Moe
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1428.jpg

with Tim (SpitNChew)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1429.jpg

with Tim (TheStatsGuy)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1430.jpg

with Ryan
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1431.jpg

with Tim (the host - TRicker)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/RevSmoke/DSCF1432.jpg

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Again, I want to thank all the Massholes who attended and made me feel welcome. I had a great evening!

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Weren't there a few more pictures taken that night?

longknocker
07-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks For The Great Pics, Todd!:tu

TRicker
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Weren't there a few more pictures taken that night?

I got a bunch but can't find my stupid cord. Must be in one of the last boxes we haven't unpacked....

I'll dig it out.

RevSmoke
07-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks For The Great Pics, Todd!:tu

You are welcome. I was glad to post them and show off the great time.

I got a bunch but can't find my stupid cord. Must be in one of the last boxes we haven't unpacked....

I'll dig it out.

When you get it - post them up. Would love to see what you snapped off that night.

md4958
07-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Great pics Todd, thanks for posting them up. Im glad the family enjoyed the cannoli.

MedicCook
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Holy crap, I'm getting fat. :r

RevSmoke
07-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Great pics Todd, thanks for posting them up. Im glad the family enjoyed the cannoli.

Would have loved to get over to the shop, but there just wasn't enough time to do all that we wanted to do.

Thanks again.

RevSmoke
07-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Holy crap, I'm getting fat. :r

And I'm getting old and weather-beaten. :r

I guess we just have to deal with it!

RevSmoke
09-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Burned the Esencia Lancero last night. Thanks, Tim. It was a tasty smoke and kept me occupied for a good hour and a half+. Some cocoa, slight spice, with cedar and leather were the things I picked up. Smoked it at a Labor Day cook-out with some friends and didn't pay 100% attention to all the subtle nuances and flavors as I'd do with a review.

But, I do know that I enjoyed it immensely

Thanks.

Still reminiscing as I smoke through the sticks that the good brothers of the commonwealth of Massholia showered upon me.

Thanks, Tim.

SmokeyJoe
09-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Enjoyed looking through the pics again... looks like a truly memorable herf!

Blessings on you, Todd. Thanks for being the man of God you are. :tu

RevSmoke
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Enjoyed looking through the pics again... looks like a truly memorable herf!

Blessings on you, Todd. Thanks for being the man of God you are. :tu

It was fun. Thanks for your kind words.