PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have acute bronchitis?

e-man67
05-13-2010, 10:20 AM
So I have had this pain in my upper right chest area for over a month. It got to the point last week I had a very hard time breathing...never experienced anything like this. Went to the doc and he said my bronchial tubes in my lungs are spasming (ct scan came back ok no damage). I am kinda nervious about this weekend because I have to go camping with my son (for boyscouts, the one and only campout) and this crap hurts. Doc said take naprosyn and apply heating pad...he just prescribed me some prednisone (after I asked) to help take the inflamation down. Anyone here ever had this and have any suggestions or advice? Haven't smoked a cigar for a week and it sucks. :rolleyes:

captain53
05-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I have never personally had it but my son did a few years back and it can be nasty and lingering. I am not a Dr but I can't imagine that camping out in the night air and pollen could possibly do anything besides make it worse. Take care of yourself!!!!:banger

issues
05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I've had it several times.

The prednisone will make you feel better in no time but it does linger for a couple of weeks. Make sure to drink a ton of fluids.

Good luck and take care...

e-man67
05-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I am more concerned about the huge fire they make..I don't imagine the smoke will do me any good.

issues
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I am more concerned about the huge fire they make..I don't imagine the smoke will do me any good.

No it will not. It will probably make you cough and coughing with that much irritation in your bronchial tubes hurts!

Just try to stay up wind and as far from the fire as possible.

Blueface
05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
No it will not. It will probably make you cough and coughing with that much irritation in your bronchial tubes hurts!

Just try to stay up wind and as far from the fire as possible.

:tpd:

I had severe bronchitis until the age of 7.
So badly that it deformed my clavicle for life.

One thing that really really helps is to turn on your shower as hot as you can and let it steam up. Through your mouth, breath in and out the steam.

Another thing that really helps also is hot compounds on your chest. Very soothing and helps calm the cough.

Stay the heck away from this outing as it will in fact make it worse for you.

Now my little 3 year old grandson is going through it as I did. He uses a mask device inhaler with medicine a few times a day.

Ask your dr. for a tussi based cough syrup (with codine). Man that works well to help relieve that painful cough that feels as if someone is stabbing you repeatedly with a knife. The one I recently got for my H1N1 is Tussionex.

Wanger
05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Wear a mask. LOL

Seriously, though, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

e-man67
05-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I must go to the campout as my son is looking so forward to it...hopefully the prednisone helps me. ugh this sucks royally. I probably should have just stayed home today instead of coming into work (since I work in the dirty azz city).

icehog3
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Several times in my younger days, a few times escalating to even more serious issues.

I understand your not wanting to disappoint your son Eric, but I strongly suggest you forgo the camping trip. More important to be healthy and around for your son than for one camping trip, IMHO.

mariogolbee
05-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what's happening with me right now. I knew I should not have had that T52 a week ago but I just had to try it. That stick was simply a catalyst for how I've been the last week. It sucks.