PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Unholy Cocktail Cigar Review Video

kaelaria
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/duc/thumbs/thumbs_20100511duc0002.jpg

This 5×56 torpedo sports a dark chocolate, soft but toothy firm wrapper with minimal veins, and a rich potpourri like spicy scent. First light reveals a slightly firm draw with adaquate smoke production. Flavors are medium bodied with a rich oily slightly sweet tobacco, and a good bit of pepper and spice especially on the long deep finish. The first third brings quite a complex blend of toast, coffee, then a spicy leather with a bit of pepper. The finish grows the pepper and adds spice, holding on well to the next draw. Body is a good medium-full. By the 1/2 way point the ash had just dropped off, burn was perfect and the flavors had mellowed a bit pushing more of the coffee. The last third continued the trend changing to a smooth creamy coffee with a pepper zing at the end of the draw. Total burn time to the nub was 1:15. Video on the site.

kelmac07
05-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Nice review...one of my new favorites.

maninblack
05-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Good review! Like Mac said, one of my faves.

CigarNut
05-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Very nice review and spot on with my experience!

Dark Jester
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the review Bryan. :)

Just pulled the trigger on a 10-Pack of these on CI's Daily Joe Jambalaya.

jimmyk26
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Man, I really like these. If you want something that is similar yet more refined, you should try the Man O War Ruination.

Dark Jester
05-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting for those to show up on a Joe's Jam again. They popped up for like 4 minutes on Wednesday afternoon. Wasn't at the computer at the time. :c Even the Diesel's today were only up for 4 or 5 minutes.

Heard a lot of good things about MOW and MOWR though. None of the local shops here carry them.

Might just break down and buy the sampler tin from CI: MOW Royal Sampler Tin (http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=SP-MWBASST10-T)

Tad more expensive than catching them on a Jam, but if I combine it with a Jam order I'll still get the free shipping. We'll see.

Edit: Woohoo, I think we succeeded in hijacking a thread! :D

Kreth
05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Heard a lot of good things about MOW and MOWR though. None of the local shops here carry them.
I believe they're a CI exclusive.
Posted via Mobile Device

CigarNut
05-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I believe they're a CI exclusive.
Posted via Mobile DeviceYou can also get them from CheapHumidors (http://www.cheaphumidors.com/CS-Diesel.html).

Dark Jester
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the review Bryan. :)

Just pulled the trigger on a 10-Pack of these on CI's Daily Joe Jambalaya.

Just to update, I smoked one of these bad boys last night and I think I'm in love. ;) This one is now the #1 contender for my 'daily smoke' lineup. Probably will be the first full box I buy. And at just over $3 each, it's a pretty good deal that won't have the wife screaming at me for smoking 2 or 3 per day. :D

Will smoke a few more of the 10 pack to see how the consistency goes, but I think I'll be set with these.

Thanks again for the review Bryan. :)

quantim0
06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Just got a box off cigar bid, haven't tried them yet though. Are they good fresh (box date 3/25/10)? I was planning a rest for a few months then light them up.

Dark Jester
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Not sure how old the one I smoked last night was. It was part of a 10 pack so I don't know when it was boxed. I'd assume CI moves inventory pretty fast though so I'd bet mine is probably around the same date as yours if not a bit younger. I've only had it for a couple days and it tasted great to me. If they get better with some age, I'll be even more pleased with them.

Spark one up and see how it goes. :) If it tastes green at all, just let the other 29 sit for a month and try again. :D

longknocker
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Just got a box off cigar bid, haven't tried them yet though. Are they good fresh (box date 3/25/10)? I was planning a rest for a few months then light them up.

They're Great ROTT!:tu

MajorCaptSilly
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Top notch blog you have there! I bookmarked it and will check in daily. Thanks for the review. I also agree with your Cain review.

MCS