PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...hoping I don't have mono

forgop
05-09-2010, 05:21 PM
The last few days have been interesting. My 5 year old daughter that is on the move unless she's asleep has literally been KO'd the past few days and sleeping for most of the day since Wednesday afternoon. My 7 year old daughter was down with the flu late Friday night and it was so bad that she was on the toilet and throwing up in a trash can at the same time. I've felt completely wiped out the past 48 hours and so much so that it was all I could do to unload 20 bags of salt into the garage today and took a 3+ hour nap this afternoon and I'm never the napping type.

I looked up symptoms and I don't have chills, but I'm completely lethargic and have no appetite.

Eleven
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I thought I had Mono once....turns out I was just really really bored.

Seriously though, hope you feel better soon, same with the Daughters!

markem
05-09-2010, 05:40 PM
get thee into the doc for a blood test. I started mono treatments once, but the blood tests finally came back negative, so they supposed that I had a very bad case of the flu.

Hope you don't have it and that the entire family gets better quick.

floydpink
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Something going around.

The Minute Clinic insisted we take our 5 year old daughter to the ER the other day after she was running a fever.

She hardly ever is sick and we were at Aquatica water park ans she started throwing up.

They said she had pneumonia, but it turned out to be an upper repiratory infection.

I was stuck in the ER for 7 hours and was forced to drink Starbucks and eat bad food.

Subvet642
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Would stereo be twice as bad? ;) I hope you feel better, I've heard that it's terrible.

Blueface
05-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Don't mess with what is going around.
I was really bad a few weeks ago.
In my case, ended up being H1N1.

floydpink
05-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Don't mess with what is going around.
I was really bad a few weeks ago.
In my case, ended up being H1N1.

Had that last July. Bad stuff.

Supposedly it will be in the flu shot this year.

GreekGodX
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I had Mono in high school. I couldn't stay awake for more than an hour at a time. My glands in my neck were extremely swollen. I could barely breath. Lasted for a solid 4 weeks.

3 other girls had it around the same time ;) :xxx

Bax
05-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Hope you feel better. I just got over it coupled with strep throat. Bad times. :td