PDA

View Full Version : Ironman 2

Skywalker
05-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I watched Iron Man 2 yesterday!!!

I know there are mixed reviews about this film, however, in my humble opinion... It was great!!!

I don't think the plot is as streamlined as the first, yet it packs a heavy punch with plenty of action!!!

For all the guys following the Cigars in Cinema (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4751) thread, you'll love this: The bad guy in the film, Justin Hammer, an arms dealer, pulls out a pelican case (Herf Box) and says "Here are the Cubans, the Cohibas, the Montecristos!

I thought that was cool!!!:tu

Tip - Wait for the end of the credits for a little surprise!!!

maninblack
05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Can't wait to see this. But I'll wait until the crowds die down first. This is one of several on my to watch list for this summer.

Adriftpanda
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah... I was reading the Yahoo reviews today... seems like there are so many mix reviews about this movie. I really look forward to watching this.

Wish you were here herfing D.

kelmac07
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I wanna see it!!

Skywalker
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah... I was reading the Yahoo reviews today... seems like there are so many mix reviews about this movie. I really look forward to watching this.

Wish you were here herfing D.

I wish I was herfing too!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

MikeyC
05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Looking forward to seeing this movie. I already have tickets to see it Wednesday night at a local IMAX theater. The first movie was great so I have high hopes for this one.

BFallehy
05-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I avoid reading reviews about comic book movies. Mostly it is a hatred of most movie critics and the fact that most fan boys tend to point out the stupid stuff that no one but them noticed.

I plan on seeing this movie tomarrow, bought my tickets for my girlfriend and I and we will hit the first showing after a nice breakfast. Sunday looks like it is going to be a good day all around. :D

The Poet
05-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I guess that, had I so desired, I could have beaten you all. I was walking past my local theatre Thursday night (smoking a stogie, of course) about 11:30 PM, when I noticed two ushers standing outside. I asked, and they confirmed, they were having a midnight screening, and only about 30 people had shown up so far.

But hell, I'll just wait a year, until I can buy a "previewed" copy at Blockbuster for 5 bucks. Hey, I need to save my limited funds for more important things . . . like more cigars. :D

NCRadioMan
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
But hell, I'll just wait a year, until I can buy a "previewed" copy at Blockbuster for 5 bucks. Hey, I need to save my limited funds for more important things . . . like more cigars. :D

Or just watch it anytime you want on the interwebs. I saw it last week and I liked it.

Skywalker
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM

I have a feeling Blockbuster won't be here a year from now!:2

hotreds
05-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Saw it with Mama today. Liked it, appears there will be a 3!

jaydub13
05-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Saw it last night, and I gotta say, good flick! Very entertaining, great SFX, pretty solid plot. If you are looking for an epic masterpiece of citizen kane-esque proportions... You will be disappointed. If you want to see explosions and scarlett johansen in a catsuit, this is the movie for you.

Skywalker
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Saw it last night, and I gotta say, good flick! Very entertaining, great SFX, pretty solid plot. If you are looking for an epic masterpiece of citizen kane-esque proportions... You will be disappointed. If you want to see explosions and scarlett johansen in a catsuit, this is the movie for you.

I couldn't have said it better!!!:tu

Darrell
05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Good movie, but not as good as the original.

Don Cheadle is a lot better as "Rhoady" than Terrance Howard.

The movie was interesting, then boring, then awesome.

Scarlet Johansson was so hot, I'd drink her dirty bath water.

It's worth seeing, but not nearly as epic as the original.

BTW, Iron man is TWO words. :D

Skywalker
05-09-2010, 09:45 AM

So is "Mean Darrell"!!!;)

Kreth
05-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I think the M is normally capitalized, too. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Darrell
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM
I think the M is normally capitalized, too. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

:r :r :r

nomadicwookie
05-10-2010, 10:24 AM
We're taking our 5yr old to see it this weekend. How's the language? We were a little surprized when we took him to see the Tanformers sequal. It wasn't too bad, but a little unexpected.

Starscream
05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I liked it! :tu:tu

Skywalker
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
We're taking our 5yr old to see it this weekend. How's the language? We were a little surprized when we took him to see the Tanformers sequal. It wasn't too bad, but a little unexpected.

I don't remember any F words!!! Not too bad on language IMHO!

Darrell
05-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I do not remember any cussing, at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Emjaysmash
05-10-2010, 10:53 PM

Nothing that I can remember. I saw children in the theater with me as well.

Santesyu
05-10-2010, 11:20 PM
ughh I gotta go see this!