PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find a wine

cbsmokin
05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I enjoyed some 2007 La Chiara Gavi Di Gavi, Piedmont at a small restaurant and I can not find it for purchase. Anyone care to help me find a vendor that ships to GA? (legal, but some vendors are behind the times).

jaydub13
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I tried the 2 biggest cellars in the US, to no avail(hitimewine.net in CA, and winelibrary.com in NJ) to no avail. Also, winesearcher.net yielded nothing, and they have the inventory list from hundreds of retailers. Wish I could help more...

mosesbotbol
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks to be under $20 retail? Is that right? A little homework and you can find a US distributor.

cbsmokin
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Looks to be under $20 retail? Is that right? A little homework and you can find a US distributor.

I did find the distributor, but can't find a retailer. I assumed a distributor wouldn't work with the consumer. Should I just call Miami?

The Poet
05-06-2010, 12:25 PM
There are certain wines made - or at least marketed - solely to restaurants, and they are often difficult to find otherwise. Gimme a bit, and I'll check my sources for you.

The Poet
05-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Sorry, my distributor does not list this one. I found a number of '07 Gavis, but not that specific one. If I'm around the next time some of my salesmen pop in, I'll ask them if they've heard of it.

BFallehy
05-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I did a little search and found this.
http://www.snooth.com/wine/la-chiara-gavi-di-gavi-2007/
Unfortunatly it is showing it as unavailable. But maybe they will get some in later, or there is a browse similar and you can find something like it that you like. Thats all I could find though.

cbsmokin
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Well, this is what has transpired so far. I called the importer, and then a distributor for a retail contact. Will walk in soon and ask them to order it. Hopefully all goes well.