PDA

View Full Version : Any further information . . .

pinotguy
05-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Regarding the new Rocky Patel and EO/601 partnership? Just read a press release that said RP and United Tobacco will be operating in a full partnership. A follow-up post stated that all EO/601 production will be moved to Honduras and Pepin will no longer be involved with them. :confused: :td

scoot
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Ahhhh, what??? If the Cubao is gone that's a travesty...

wayner123
05-06-2010, 09:32 AM
You got a link to this press release?

Emjaysmash
05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Saw this on another site as well. This is the first I've heard about it.

pinotguy
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
You got a link to this press release?

Here you go: http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/05/05/press-release-rocky-patel-united-tobacco/

Don Fernando
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Regarding the new Rocky Patel and EO/601 partnership? Just read a press release that said RP and United Tobacco will be operating in a full partnership.
I read that too

A follow-up post stated that all EO/601 production will be moved to Honduras and Pepin will no longer be involved with them. :confused: :td

I have not read that, where did you see this?

bishjd123
05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I guess I'll stock up on some 601 Green. My favorite from the 601 line.

OHRD
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
From another forum, Eddie responded this way to claims of production moving:

Hey guys, just registered when I saw this post. Even though I just registered and haven't posted before, this is one of the boards I check often to keep tabs on what you guys are chatting about..:-)

This is definetely a communication error, you can tell the rep who started the rumor, Eddie says he is seriously mistaken.

All EOBrands currently in the market, will continue to be manufactured by Pepin and his family at their Nicaraguan factory in Esteli. The only 2 major changes, will be;

1. The repackaging of the 601 lines, the changes are mainly attributed to requests by retailers in order to better accomodate shelf space. Even though the packaging will change, all blends will remain intact....repeat, the blends will not change.

2. The greatest change will occur at the retail level. We have signifacantly reduced all the prices on the EOBrands (601,Cubao and Murcielago) by a substantial amount of $2 to $3 dollars per stick.

That's it for now, but now that I've registered will try and keep you guys up to date on anything else going on.

-Eddie Ortega / EOBrands

TheRiddick
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Matthew, really appreciate the follow up info! Good to know some of my favorites will still be available.

Lucky_Hippo
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
The EO brands are some of my favorite sticks right now. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

OHRD
05-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Also from Eddie on a review of the Murcielago that went up today on Casas Fumando:

Great review, this is my favorite cigar we make. As you know by now, we have just merged with Rocky Patel. Because of the merger, we were able to significantly drop the price on all our brands. The murcielago’s new MSRP price range is between $6.20 and 6.80, the prices on the cubao and 601 lines are also down anywhere between 2.50 and 3 dollars per stick.

-regards

Eddie

wayner123
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
All EOBrands currently in the market, will continue to be manufactured by Pepin and his family at their Nicaraguan factory in Esteli. The only 2 major changes, will be;

Also from Eddie on a review of the Murcielago that went up today on Casas Fumando:

Great review, this is my favorite cigar we make. As you know by now, we have just merged with Rocky Patel. Because of the merger, we were able to significantly drop the price on all our brands. The murcielago’s new MSRP price range is between $6.20 and 6.80, the prices on the cubao and 601 lines are also down anywhere between 2.50 and 3 dollars per stick.

-regards

Eddie

Umm that doesn't add up. Pardon the pun.

pinotguy
05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
From another forum, Eddie responded this way to claims of production moving:

Hey guys, just registered when I saw this post. Even though I just registered and haven't posted before, this is one of the boards I check often to keep tabs on what you guys are chatting about..:-)

This is definetely a communication error, you can tell the rep who started the rumor, Eddie says he is seriously mistaken.

1. The repackaging of the 601 lines, the changes are mainly attributed to requests by retailers in order to better accomodate shelf space. Even though the packaging will change, all blends will remain intact....repeat, the blends will not change.

2. The greatest change will occur at the retail level. We have signifacantly reduced all the prices on the EOBrands (601,Cubao and Murcielago) by a substantial amount of $2 to $3 dollars per stick.

That's it for now, but now that I've registered will try and keep you guys up to date on anything else going on.

-Eddie Ortega / EOBrands

Yes - saw this as well. Apologies for "jumping the gun" a bit on this but became concerned and disappointed when I read the initial press release, especially when I saw who the two parties involved were. Lower prices are always a good thing but to me, the most important part is that they are continuing their relationship with Pepin as far as blending and production.

OHRD
05-06-2010, 11:20 AM
When the news first broke of EO splitting from Miami Cigar it was all about price - that was the only news heard - Miami was too expensive of a 3rd party. I figured they'd find a way to distribute the stix themselves, but to go to RP, and have half the company bought by them, was shocking to me...