PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Cigar Handout Question

thebayratt
05-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I am getting married the second or third week in May 2011. I plan to buy a box and maybe and maybe few special 5ers now and let them age a year. Then hand them out to my fellow BOTLthats going to be there and whomever else wants one.
I got a few questions I'd like for ya'll to ponder on for me and give me some suggestions.

1. Whats a good cigar to get thats good with a years age on it. Thats a good cigar for a celebration and that most people would enjoy that has ever smoked a cigar?

2. Any places online that prints custom bands?
I want to either buy the cigars with the bands already on or put them on a cigar the day I get them/hand them out.

3. Price range of about $150+/-

4. Don't want to go with a CC. Don't want to go down that route right now for various reasons.

5. I don't want to hand out any junk.

Any thoughts and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

loki
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM
buy CCs for you to age and ncs to hand out...anyone who smokes should be bring their own anyway and for people "who you know just smoke at weddings" as the spill beer all over you, perdomo frescos with the bands off and just wink at them when they ask what it is

jaymz
05-06-2010, 09:06 AM
a good cigar for a celebration and that most people would enjoy that has ever smoked a cigar?

I bought these for a similar occasion, i was suprised at how well they were received by experienced cigar smokers and non-cigar smokers alike. I doubt they would degrade with a year of rest on them.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/romeo+y+julieta+reserva+real+veronas+court+cigars/item+17762?Nav=&Ne=

md4958
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
if youre looking for NCs then I would go with something from Romeo y Julietta, or Montecristo. Good name recognition, and reasonably priced.

You might also want to consider the size that you pass out. I wouldnt go larger than robusto or corona, or your guests are going to spend too much time smoking.

md4958
05-06-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.famous-smoke.com/romeo+y+julieta+reserva+real+veronas+court+cigars/item+17762?Nav=&Ne=

these might be a great bet... and they are a tubo. you can print up your own labels on your computer and stick them right on the tube.

mosesbotbol
05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
For NC's, Davidoff is your best bet and come in nice 5 packs. Add an additional band to the cigars. Best of luck on your wedding.

md4958
05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
For NC's, Davidoff is your best bet and come in nice 5 packs. Add an additional band to the cigars. Best of luck on your wedding.

a good recommendation Moses, but I believe he wanted to keep it around $150 a box... Not sure what you can pick up in the Davidoff line for that price (except for the 10 counts)

mosesbotbol
05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
a good recommendation Moses, but I believe he wanted to keep it around $150 a box... Not sure what you can pick up in the Davidoff line for that price (except for the 10 counts)

I wasn't sure on the count per $150. The Annevsario Wooden Tubes are nice. One per person.

I know we would be on the same page about just giving 5 packs of some kind of Habanos instead. Siglo II's are great cigar for such a purpose that looks impressive in cardboard that won't break the bank.

JackSchwartz
05-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Those Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Tubos are a good suggestion. I'm just not sure how they will smoke with some age on them.

Are the folks going to be able to smoke indoors, around the whole wedding party or will they have to step outside and smoke away from everyone? I ask because if they have to pull away from the wedding reception to smoke you'll probaly want a bit of a smaller cigar (maybe a robusto or corona size). I got yelled at at my brother's wedding reception because I took a big group of guys and disappeared for over an hour and a half to smoke some cigars. His bride was pissed because there was no one partying on the dance floor.

So if you will have to step away from the party to enjoy a cigar I would suggest the Arturo Fuente Chateau Sun Grown. I think these ones age quite well and are a good size that will not keep you from the party for too long. You should be able to find a box of 20 in the $85 range.

If you want a bigger cigar you can go with a Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sun Grown. These ones measure 5 3/4 x 52 and come in boxes of 24. You should be able to grab a box somewhere around $130.

Another suggestion with some good aging potential would be a simple standard line Padron.

I might be able to find someone to make some custom bands for you, but I think it might be something you can take care of yourself. There might even be a member here who could suggest some kind of computer program that would help you. I'll PM you if I find someone who can do custom labels (that won't cost an arm and a leg).

Eric

thebayratt
05-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, I bought a box of La Traviatas Divino (robusto) for cheap........ Im going to put those out for random guests with custom bands and looking at Oliva V Double Robusto or Diesels for my BOTL who would actually enjoy the cigar more than an ordinary joe would. The La Traviata is a good smoke for the $89.95 box price. If they don't all disappear, I'll take them home! I may just get two boxes of Diesels "just incase there is a run on them" hahahahaaa hint the sarcasm.

leasingthisspace
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I know local shop laser the images onto cigars too.
Posted via Mobile Device

KenyanSandBoa
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm getting married in September, and now I'm thinking about doing something like this. Most of the smokers are in the wedding party, but it would be pretty cool to have some smokes out for any guests that would like to join us.

I want to get some quality smokes for the wedding party though because like I said, they know their smokes. One of them is an inmate here (homerjay19) and we've been talking about smoking out by the lake at the reception...I also put up a bet that someone ends up dragging his drunk, naked a$$ out of the lake by the end of the night. :r

Mugen910
05-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Shawn I'm going to suggest Cabaiguan Petite 4 1/2 x 32 - Box of 50. It's within your price range and an easy smoke even for non-cigar smokers. Since there is 50 in a box you'll have plenty to hand out and a decent amount left over for aging.