PDA

View Full Version : Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet

borndead1
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Size: "Fundadores", I would call it a lancero at 7 X 40.

I ain't kiddin', I've been smoking CCs all weekend and this cigar is one of the best NCs I've EVER had! Prelight the cigar has a very floral aroma. While smoking, this cigar shows deep, rich flavors that seem to cover the entire spectrum of what a good cigar is supposed to taste like. The floral is still very present in the aroma of the smoke coming from the foot but not so much in the flavor of the smoke. This adds another dimension to the whole experience. Picture perfect burn and draw.

Just a fantastic cigar. This is the only size I've tried of this line, but the other sizes WILL be smoked, and soon!

:ss

BlackIrish
11-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I've enjoyed these cigars -- they're surprisingly good -- but haven't had the lancero yet. Thanks for the review!

BlackIrish

drob
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I have had the Robusto and #4's, and I agree - they are very, very good.

NickyTeen
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I have had the robusto, churchill, and toro and find them all delicious.:ss I think this is a good cigar that is overlooked by most.:2

duckmanco
11-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Whats the flavor profile on these?

BlackIrish
11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Here's a review I did a few months ago on another site:

Made by Oliva, CI had been promoting this new line of Sol Cubano, and I got a great deal on a sampler. It's a very good cigar, but when price/value is considered, it's great.

Dark H2000 wrapper, very nice to the eye and the nose. Well filled, solid in the hand.

It lights easily and burns well, with just a little scalloping. The flavor is very good: medium-full body, spicy, earthy, long finish. It's well balanced and doesn't hit you with power. It starts with a burst of spice, but then settles into a darker more, mellow spice, with more medium bodied finish. It burns slowly, with hints of light chocolate and spice flavors popping up along the way. The smoke isn't complex enough to make this a great cigar, but it is quite good, very enjoyable, however, and an excellent value if you do just a little shopping around at auction (I've since picked up a box of 25 Churchills for about $40 - hadn't planned to commit to a box, but saw a deal and took it).

TOB9595
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
This stick was unknown to me till now.
Thank you
Tom

JollyGiant
11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I just got one. Thanks NickyTeen :cb I am looking forwad to enjoing it tonight. :ss

gvarsity
11-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks I have been curious about these and haven't heard much.

Scottw
11-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I knew nothing about this stick so thanks a bunch for the review.

JollyGiant
11-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Well I was sitting there last night I light up my Sol Cubano and was thinking for the first inch this is ok then the second inch I was thinking I don't see what the hype is??? Then I tapped off the ash and the rest of the stick was great, I was like wow that is what everybody is talking about. I don't think it will be my Go-To but I'll definently be picking up a few more. :pi

Gophernut
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Bought a 5er of the size 'A' of these off of cbid. I was looking for a cigar that I could smoke when I mowed my yard without having to get off the mower too many times for a 2nd cigars. This is the one! At 9x48, it last the better part of two hours for me, and smokes like a dream. The burn has always been right on, with only minor issues that always seem to work themselves out. The flavor is right on too. Great cigar! Nice review too!

TOB9595
11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I had one of the 9x48 sticks and it was a delightful smoke.
Since this original review cam out I have a bunch of the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets. I'll be trying the "B" blend tomorrow.
Tom

borndead1
11-18-2008, 07:46 AM
I had one of the 9x48 sticks and it was a delightful smoke.
Since this original review cam out I have a bunch of the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets. I'll be trying the "B" blend tomorrow.
Tom

Sol Cubano is, I believe, only the name of the company. The Connie, Sumatra, and Maduro are made by Oliva, the Cuban Cabinet is made by AJ Fernandez. I don't know who makes the Series B.

MarkinAZ
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
About 6 months back, I won two 5ers of the Cuban Cabinet Robusto's on Cbid. Upon arrival, I smoked one ROTT and wasn't too impressed. After a month resting in the humi, there was a definite improvement and that's how its been ever since. The robusto simply gets better with additional rest (as I'm sure it does with the other sizes available in the Cuban Cabinet series), and yes, the Cuban Cabinet is blended by A.J. Fernandez:ss

TOB9595
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I did a series B tonight. Wrote a review.
You will be pleased with it as well as the Cuban Cabinet.
Tom

renton20
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Just picked up a box of the robustos off the devil site after this and the blind review that ted did. Was just gonna grab a 5er but for $28 I couldn't say no. Any advice on if they need any resting time?

Coz77
11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm going to pull the trigger on the CI one day deal because of this thread. However I need to wait until after 3pm to complete my order because if I order now they will be sitting on my door step when Im out of town for the holiday.

Really looking forward to trying these........ only 13 hrs left for the CI 1-Day Deal (http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_oneday.asp).

BlackIrish
11-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Just picked up a box of the robustos off the devil site after this and the blind review that ted did. Was just gonna grab a 5er but for $28 I couldn't say no. Any advice on if they need any resting time?

They're pretty good fresh but much better with about 6mos rest. The one that Ted did came from me and it had about 6-8 mos humidor time.

BlackIrish

Coz77
11-25-2008, 08:51 AM
They're pretty good fresh but much better with about 6mos rest. The one that Ted did came from me and it had about 6-8 mos humidor time.

BlackIrish

Its all your fault Eddie...if I don't like them....take cover! :D

borndead1
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Smoked another one of these tonight. This could become one of my favorite NCs. Lots of dimension in the flavor, amazing aroma. Tried a few of the other sizes and this size is easily my favorite, with the robusto a close second.

MajorCaptSilly
01-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I bought a couple of flight packs from CI when they were on special. Smoked one today and really enjoyed it. Great driving cigar.

MCS

dccraft
01-16-2009, 06:02 AM
I received one of these in a PIF and by your description I can't wait to break it out. Thanks for the review.

groogs
01-16-2009, 06:59 PM
These are great cigars, especially for the price. I grabbed a fiver of c-bid to try them, and then went back and bought a box of the lanceros. For a dollar a stick they are a great deal.

Ratters
01-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Man, I have a bunch of Sol Cubanos that I've been gifted but never smoked one. Guess I should get around to it. :ss